Ball don't lie: We all know Bosh dogged it in the end
Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,499
Representing:
Ball don't lie: We all know Bosh dogged it in the end

Quote:
On the season, Chris averaged 24 points and 11 rebounds. So while these early spring numbers seem like a bit of a drop-off, especially considering the pair of injuries that bookended his run (an ankle sprain and what could charitably be described as "a broken face"), it doesn't really seem like Bosh was dogging it all that much.

But, to fall into the trap that I promised myself I never would ... I know what I saw.
Quote:
You were fantastic, and not enough people knew about it. Those who were watching those Raptor matinees on Sunday afternoon while the rest of the sportswriting lot was watching pro football knew about it. Those who were taking the time to tune into those Raptors-Sixers showdowns at 7 p.m. ET on a Tuesday knew about it.

But this is what happens because of the way you played in March. And because you took time off in February.

(Oh, and by admitting that you talked with Dwyane Wade(notes) and LeBron James(notes) at the All-Star break about joining up on another team, even while the three of you were still under contract for another 4 1/2 months? This is what happens, as well. It's hard to convince people that you haven't checked out when your stats drop by seven points and three rebounds per game in the month following you musing aloud to mates about the possibility of going to New York or Miami.)
Quote:
But Colangelo is right, and whether Bosh wants to delude himself or not isn't our fault. Whether he likes it or not isn't our fault either. I watched those games. Raptors fans, and there are many, saw those games. And I'm sure the bulk of them appreciated his amazing run over the first 50-plus games and can also understand why a guy takes it easy after being enervated by yet another middling season amongst a group of players who can't defend or rebound. You're still safer wearing a Bosh jersey in Toronto than you are wearing a Vince Carter(notes) jersey.
Chris Bosh says he went hard. We saw something else. - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,920
Representing:
Default

Indeed.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Gee.... so coming back from an injury (that kept him out for a few weeks) he was supposed to pick up right where he left off?

Idiotic.

When ANY player in the league misses a few weeks of play his stamina and his rhythm are going to be disrupted. Which usually results in some "below average" play and a drop in numbers until they're in "game shape" again.

This is basic knowledge.... or at least I thought it was.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,499
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Gee.... so coming back from an injury (that kept him out for a few weeks) he was supposed to pick up right where he left off?

Idiotic.

When ANY player in the league misses a few weeks of play his stamina and his rhythm are going to be disrupted. Which usually results in some "below average" play and a drop in numbers until they're in "game shape" again.

This is basic knowledge.... or at least I thought it was.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Again jeff... this is basic knowledge.

Playrs know this.

Coaches know this.

Commentators know this.

GMs know this.


I did like this part though.... hopefully BC reads it and understands that maybe.... just maybe he had a hand this team's lackluster play this season.

Quote:

"can also understand why a guy takes it easy after being enervated by yet another middling season amongst a group of players who can't defend or rebound."
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

we all know that he didn't try as hard and his "injury" was questionable
but he's gone now and we cant change it
when is hockey going to start
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,940
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Again jeff... this is basic knowledge.

Playrs know this.

Coaches know this.

Commentators know this.

GMs know this.


I did like this part though.... hopefully BC reads it and understands that maybe.... just maybe he had a hand this team's lackluster play this season.
Miami HEAT Forums - Powered by Social Strata

these people will really like you...and you will fit right in...
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
Miami HEAT Forums - Powered by Social Strata

these people will really like you...and you will fit right in...
is this to escape the stupidity of raptor fans?

the favour returned for you and your fellow cry babies

crybaby forum
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,499
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Again jeff... this is basic knowledge.

Playrs know this.

Coaches know this.

Commentators know this.

GMs know this.


I did like this part though.... hopefully BC reads it and understands that maybe.... just maybe he had a hand this team's lackluster play this season.
I remember distinctly in November or December Cloangelo said that he was to blame for the teams shitty start. He was trying to take the heat off the players and especially Triano.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I remember distinctly in November or December Cloangelo said that he was to blame for the teams shitty start. He was trying to take the heat off the players and especially Triano.
And now that the season's over he'd like to pin it all on Chris alone?

That's rather gracious of him. lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,940
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
is this to escape the stupidity of raptor fans?

the favour returned for you and your fellow cry babies

crybaby forum
thats for the people that love Bosh but seem to hate everything about the raptors...

but obviously iam cry baby for not sobbing about Bosh leaving and hating on the team that i love...

Last edited by VanCity; 07-30-2010 at 06:15 PM.
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,479
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
Miami HEAT Forums - Powered by Social Strata

these people will really like you...and you will fit right in...
Ah, I hate those guys.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
thats for the people that love Bosh but seem to hate the players and gm, so pretty much everything about the raptors...
not quite.

you guys are following bosh' every move and criticizing every word out of his mouth. you're all acting like a bunch of babies trying to erase all the good things he did for the city and franchise because he left us.

not exactly sure how defending him is considered crying.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,940
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
not quite.

you guys are following bosh' every move and criticizing every word out of his mouth. you're all acting like a bunch of babies trying to erase all the good things he did for the city and franchise because he left us.

not exactly sure how defending him is considered crying.
"you guys" ripping on the entire team and front office except for Bosh is just "defending" the former franchise player...

yet defending the team is considered crying...

long live hypocrisy....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

how are you even defending the team?
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,758
Representing:
Default

There was a great core presented to us last summer. Remember all those Turkish school children? There was a bunch of longterm signings noted. They were meant to stand on their own whether Bosh chose to stay or not - and how could he not? I mean so much stability at hand.

And now those guys are getting unloaded. That is if anyone will take Jose. By this time next season we'll have a whole new crop. Yeah stability!
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,940
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
how are you even defending the team?
what are you talking about?

i poster a link to a particular poster that seems to back a player that left the team we cheer for and rip the gm and the team that are still here...

i don't have a problem with Bosh at all...but its time to move the fuck on...
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,758
Representing:
Default

moving on would be nice. Toronto loves to wallow in a sense of inferiority, or victimization, or both somehow. It's different here. You might have heard.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
what are you talking about?

i poster a link to a particular poster that seems to back a player that left the team we cheer for and rip the gm and the team that are still here...

i don't have a problem with Bosh at all...but its time to move the fuck on...
you said that defending the team is consider crying. i don't see you guys defending the team. i see you guys jumping on every opportunity to call out bosh. show me i'm lying and show me i'm crying.

you know it would be easiest to move on if you guys would stop crying about bosh. it's stupid coming on here everyday and hearing people blame and bash a player who didn't even disrespect the team. we're acting like a bunch of sore losers.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
moving on would be nice. Toronto loves to wallow in a sense of inferiority, or victimization, or both somehow. It's different here. You might have heard.
word. people are still talking about Carter on a regular basis.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24