Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Atlantic Division Preview (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/atlantic-division-preview-23736.html)

Luckedout 10-01-2012 03:55 PM

Atlantic Division Preview
 
David Aldridge previews what he considers the most competitive division in the NBA

2012-13 Atlantic Division Season Preview | NBA.com

jeffb 10-01-2012 04:04 PM

Certainly one of if not the most interesting division in the NBA top to bottom.

RAPMAN 10-01-2012 04:36 PM

In a couple of years, stars like Pierce, Garnett, Joe Johnson, Amare, Gerald Wallace will be out of the league or having little impact to the game, the division will be up for grabs and the Raps will have a strong nucleus that will have played together for a couple of years. Let the powerhouses battle now (LA, MIA, OKC, SA) and let the youngsters develop.

pzabby 10-01-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 684504)
In a couple of years, stars like Pierce, Garnett, Joe Johnson, Amare, Gerald Wallace will be out of the league or having little impact to the game, the division will be up for grabs and the Raps will have a strong nucleus that will have played together for a couple of years. Let the powerhouses battle now (LA, MIA, OKC, SA) and let the youngsters develop.

problem is our best players are both 26. what happens if our young don't develop, and bargs and lowry fade away? we'll never hit that top, and we'll be on a treadmill with val leading the way, much like the bosh era

box92 10-01-2012 05:23 PM

I actually feel that all 5 teams in our division can make the playoffs

Don Vito 10-01-2012 05:38 PM

This is probably the most up in the air division in the NBA.

pzabby 10-01-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 684511)
I actually feel that all 5 teams in our division can make the playoffs

is that even possible?

Luckedout 10-01-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 684523)
is that even possible?

yeah it just leaves 3 extra spots for the 2 other divisions.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 10-01-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 684519)
This is probably the most up in the air division in the NBA.

indeed

Zalgiris 10-01-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 684511)
I actually feel that all 5 teams in our division can make the playoffs

I kinda feel it's the most realistic scenario for Raptors to make it - do it with other 4 teams, because passing them by will be haaard.

Someone should find out if there was such a case in nba history that all teams from a same division made the playoffs

Luckedout 10-01-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalgiris (Post 684556)
I kinda feel it's the most realistic scenario for Raptors to make it - do it with other 4 teams, because passing them by will be haaard.

Someone should find out if there was such a case in nba history that all teams from a same division made the playoffs

someone asked Doug Smith this and he said it has never happened with a 5 team division. but its certainly not impossible, im not worried about how we stack up in our division im more concerned with how we stack up in our conference because that will determine whether or not we are a playoff team. no matter what division we're in those 4 teams would be ahead of us in the standings so i dont see the whole big deal.

LKeet6 10-02-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 684507)
problem is our best players are both 26. what happens if our young don't develop, and bargs and lowry fade away? we'll never hit that top, and we'll be on a treadmill with val leading the way, much like the bosh era


worst case scenario. Not saying it can't happen, if it does, big shame and yeah, we'll struggle to make much impact.

if best case scenario or middling scenario happens we should be a decent/good playoff team.

RAPMAN 10-02-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 684507)
we'll never hit that top, and we'll be on a treadmill with val leading the way, much like the bosh era

If Val does lead they way, he'll have a much better young supporting cast than Bosh. We drafted players like Hoffa, Joey Graham, Charlie V, Ukic. Val has at least Derozan, Ed Davis, and Ross.

Someguy again 10-02-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 684507)
problem is our best players are both 26. what happens if our young don't develop, and bargs and lowry fade away? we'll never hit that top, and we'll be on a treadmill with val leading the way, much like the bosh era

angst lol

casey's determination in turning this team into a defensive stud is all the hope i need that we won't turn into a treadmill team. if your apolcalyptic vision of valanciunas being the only star in toronto for the next 4 years worries you, there's a thing called "trades" and "signings".

jeffb 10-02-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 684700)
If Val does lead they way, he'll have a much better young supporting cast than Bosh. We drafted players like Hoffa, Joey Graham, Charlie V, Ukic. Val has at least Derozan, Ed Davis, and Ross.

+ Lowry, Bargnani


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24