Assuming Calderon remains on the team...
Old 08-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
PLAYOFFS BABY!

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,166
Representing:
Question Assuming Calderon remains on the team...

Let's say we cant move Calderon this off season and he's still a raptor come pre season..

Will he have another breakout (re-breakout?) season?

This is the same guy who has said many many times he Loves Toronto and wants to remain here..

This guy has something to prove no?... to the Fans and to his GM after he was almost traded away...

He's making almost 10 mill a season... He already has his contract and has said he wants to remain a starting PG in the NBA and more specifically in Toronto. Will he come out to prove everyone wrong?

If he's 110% healthy... and the starting PG can he once again get back to the old Calderon of the '07-'08 season?

This is the same Calderon who lead the league in assists to turnover ratio.. the same Calderon who lead the NBA in free throw percentage (and holds the record) The same Calderon who everyone use to love (and some still do.. Hello Raptor123) The same Calderon almost everyone wanted to sign long term and ship Ford off as quick as possible..

Side Question: His defence...

Why isnt this addressed by the coaches? Is it something that comes naturally and cant be coached / learned?

Season after season... same shit... Why isn't this his/the coaches #1 focus when he practices? I dont get it..explain?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,790
Representing:
Default

10Mil :facepalm:

Let's just hope he's not here!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 691
Representing:
Default

If he doesn't get traded then I guess they will see what he can do during the season, if hes still shit then he will get traded before the deadline.
JackAstors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
PLAYOFFS BABY!

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,166
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
10Mil :facepalm:

Let's just hope he's not here!
Jeff he's not getting traded for horse shit

BC will keep him if need be since his value is probably at the lowest point since his contract signing... especially at 10 mil a season.

BC might keep him around, hoping he plays well, stock goes up and is traded half way into the season..
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 20,643
Representing:
Default

Yea I hope he can be healthy and in cshape. I liek the guy and he is a good player. If he comes back he'll be starting, but if he doesn't play good Jack will get the nod no doubt. I don't mind right baou tnow if he stays or not
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
mooing

Senior Member
 
babyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,102
Representing:
Default

Jose has been "unhealthy" for 2 years. I'm guessing 2 isn't enough.
babyface is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR LETTERS.

Craig Ferguson
 
Premiere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,032
Representing:
Default

He's a good PG. Don't forget that.
Provided he's fully healed up (and that there are no further injuries) he should have a fairly productive season.
I just believe that his services would be better off elsewhere.
Premiere is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
ballinnnnnn

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 307
Representing:
Default

If they start him and give him good minutes his production, based on the how he played with Marion in the uptempo offence, could be really high. IF that happens I'm sure a team will bite. Especially a team like Charlotte, when they realize that Shaun Livingston and DJ Augustine won't get them far. It'll be like the Stephen Jackson trade, when they realized they had no offensive weapons. I don't mind keeping him until December or January.
jakapono24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
chillin

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
Representing:
Default

I hope he gets healthy
hey!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lao Wai
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

However you look at it when healthy Calderon is a good PG the problem becomes we have 4 PGs. Plus likely Brown will be the 5th.Calderon,JJ & Barbosa need minutes and not enough to go around.

I like the attitude of both JJ and Jose but one must go!
Everyone thinks 10 million is a big number it isn't if we get close to the old Jose back its a deal. JJ have more trade value at this point in time and lets be realistic both are stop gaps.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,790
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Wai View Post
However you look at it when healthy Calderon is a good PG the problem becomes we have 4 PGs. Plus likely Brown will be the 5th.Calderon,JJ & Barbosa need minutes and not enough to go around.
If for some stupid reason Brown is brought in, one or two PG's would have to go first.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,119
Representing:
Default

I know that Jose has stated that he wants to stay a Raptor, but after your boss trys to trade you, there is a chance things won't be as harmonious as in the past. I'm not saying that Jose won't come to play, but that shit sticks in your head when your going to bed at night.
JJ and Jose split their duties last year without any real friction, but things will be different this year with JJ taking on a stronger leadership role with the young guys during summer league. Friction will be there, but they are professional guys and will do their best to keep it a bay. BC will need to make a move, or make it very clear what his play is to JJ and Jose.
I hope Jose comes to camp healthy and ready to go ... I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lao Wai
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If for some stupid reason Brown is brought in, one or two PG's would have to go first.
Keeping Jose isn't that terrible an option.

If these moves could be made

Raptors
Trades
JJ, Beli, Evans, Banks, Anderson, 2011 1st Top 8 protected, TPE
Get
Gortat, Chandler, Curry and Indy 2012 1st Top 8 protected & Cash

Indy
Trades
Foster & 2012 1st Top 6 protected
Get
Jack

Orlando
Trades
Gortat
Gets
Foster & Raptors 2011 1st Top 8 Protected

NYK
Trades
Curry, Chandler & CASH
Gets
Beli., Evans, Banks & Anderson

Toronto line-up

PG Jose, Barbosa. Brown
SG DD, Weems, Barbosa
SF Klieza, Weems, Chandler
C Bargs, Gortat, Alabi
PF Amir, Bargs, Davis, Dorsey

CURRY at PIZZA PIZZA

Not happy giving up 2011 1st but get Indy's 2012
Gets rid of log jams at mostr positions
Still have expiring in Curry and large TPE
Indy wins gets a good PG who they know.
Orlando wins gets a expiring in Foster to back-up Howard giving time for Orton to develop and a 1st.
NYK win get 4 players to back-up and give depth all are expiring or team options. Plus would cry paying Curry's salary
Toronto gets the 2 best players in the deal Gortat and Chandler and gets rid of a log-jams and gets younger.

What do you think?
Not happy giving up 1st but we get Gor
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
sick of the raps sucking

Junior Member
 
Slick94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96
Representing:
Default

I've been fairly quiet regarding this issue but it's about time I give my two cents! I feel Jose is being treated as the scapegoat for last season's underachievement. His simply wasn't/ isn't the problem with this team. His below-average defense got magnified because he was in the same starting lineup as, hmm, TURK, BARGS, and even BOSH. Turk's D is a joke, Bosh's D is sub-par, and Bargs' D is only decent in the low post.

Furthermore, some of you are kidding yourselves when you say JJ's defense is better. Hell, I witnessed just as many blow-bys when he was on the floor. And for you guys who praise Banks, he simply sucks! Theres a reason why he's almost 30 and still a third stringer! He can only play D because he MUST to remain a practice player in this league!

In conclusion, you people should lay off Jose. He is our best point guard and I can see him having a break out year either with us, or another team if he gets traded! It was only a couple years ago when 20 000 people were screaming JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE! Common Ocho, prove these fools wrong!
Slick94 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick94 View Post
I've been fairly quiet regarding this issue but it's about time I give my two cents! I feel Jose is being treated as the scapegoat for last season's underachievement. His simply wasn't/ isn't the problem with this team. His below-average defense got magnified because he was in the same starting lineup as, hmm, TURK, BARGS, and even BOSH. Turk's D is a joke, Bosh's D is sub-par, and Bargs' D is only decent in the low post.

Furthermore, some of you are kidding yourselves when you say JJ's defense is better. Hell, I witnessed just as many blow-bys when he was on the floor. And for you guys who praise Banks, he simply sucks! Theres a reason why he's almost 30 and still a third stringer! He can only play D because he MUST to remain a practice player in this league!

In conclusion, you people should lay off Jose. He is our best point guard and I can see him having a break out year either with us, or another team if he gets traded! It was only a couple years ago when 20 000 people were screaming JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE! Common Ocho, prove these fools wrong!
YES!

Thank you.

Slick, you're my new RF best friend.

Welcome to the Calderon FanClub... Gurk and I are the only two members. It's sad.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,477
Representing:
Default

Jose is a top 10 offensive PG, when aggressive
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
YES!

Thank you.

Slick, you're my new RF best friend.

Welcome to the Calderon FanClub... Gurk and I are the only two members. It's sad.
Hey my little cherry bomb don't forget me. I actually was the first member !
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Hey my little cherry bomb don't forget me. I actually was the first member !
Sorry! So it's you, me, Gurky & Slick.

We should get matching shirts.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Sorry! So it's you, me, Gurky & Slick.

We should get matching shirts.
Now if we can add one more to the list we could have a starting five. I am sure we get a few more to fill out the roster for the Calderon Fan Club.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
what he is.

Senior Member
 
henrymakepeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,175
Representing:
Default

I have a feeling that Jose will bounce back this year and if that happens with another team while we watch a worse JJ, then we're screwed.
henrymakepeace is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24