Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Asking price for Calderon ???? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/asking-price-calderon-24283.html)

raptor123 12-14-2012 02:39 AM

Asking price for Calderon ????
 
the Lakers are weighing the pros and cons of several different prospective additions, all of which are significantly less attractive options than long-rumored Laker trade target Jose Calderon. But without the necessary trade pieces to entice the Raptors into a deal for Calderon, L.A. will likely be left combing the free agent ranks."

BC could be asking for too much.....everyone knows that Calderon can walk away from which ever team he finishes the year on.

Not too many stupid GM.s in this world like us that trade away a first rounder for a head case and non proven player in the NBA. lol

Dario 12-14-2012 02:40 AM

the more the lakers lose, the more they want calderon.

raptor123 12-14-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 721154)
the Lakers are weighing the pros and cons of several different prospective additions, all of which are significantly less attractive options than long-rumored Laker trade target Jose Calderon. But without the necessary trade pieces to entice the Raptors into a deal for Calderon, L.A. will likely be left combing the free agent ranks."

BC could be asking for too much.....everyone knows that Calderon can walk away from which ever team he finishes the year on.

Not too many stupid GM.s in this world like us that trade away a first rounder for a head case and non proven player in the NBA. lol

Shit my son Jeff would be looking for this....hell how did i forget.

Los Angeles Lakers eyeing Delonte West, Jose Calderon, others | The Point Forward - SI.com

fresh n' spicy 12-14-2012 02:42 AM

Delonte west? wow lol, you know the lakers are desperate and near rock bottom when they are willing to take a flyer on delonte :cookie:

Raptors1995 12-14-2012 02:52 AM

The lakers really don't have the pieces in a one for one trade. Artest is the closest in terms of a match but I can't see the lakers letting him go.

Jose calderon and Linas Kleiza for Metta, Duhon, and Earl Clark.

raptor123 12-14-2012 02:53 AM

BC please free Willy !!!!! I mean Jose Calderon !!!!!!!


Marc SteinVerified‏@ESPNSteinLine

Lakers' top PG trade target, of course, has long been Pau's pal Jose Calderon. But Raps, to this point, want to attach Jose to a bigger deal/

Lakers want Calderon but BC trying to suck others in deal ......BC take it like man free Calderon.....you think u can get a a first round pick for Calderon lol......
how about trading Lowry now BC what do you think maybe high second rounder lol


pzabby 12-14-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptors1995 (Post 721158)
The lakers really don't have the pieces in a one for one trade. Artest is the closest in terms of a match but I can't see the lakers letting him go.

Jose calderon and Linas Kleiza for Metta, Duhon, and Earl Clark.

that would be absolutely brilliant for us. but his attitude might come worse coming to a team like us, and I could see him becoming a chucker. If he plays within himself though, he would help us a lot on the defensive side of things and draining those threes. then again, LA has defensive problems too so I can`t see them getting rid of their best perimiter defender to bring in someone who could be the worst perimiter defender in the league...

just4_raps 12-14-2012 04:09 AM

could we trade Caldy to OKC for our pick back + a role player?

pzabby 12-14-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhhnth (Post 721166)
could we trade Caldy to OKC for our pick back + a role player?

so you're actually saying caldy is worth more than lowry...?

El Barto 12-14-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhhnth (Post 721166)
could we trade Caldy to OKC for our pick back + a role player?

It would be tough to match salary wise; it would take something like Maynor + Perkins + our pick for Calderon and Davis.

KoolAid 12-14-2012 08:09 AM

Calderon doesn't really fit with OKC, that team is all about youth, speed, and running and gunning.

jeffb 12-14-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 721173)
so you're actually saying caldy is worth more than lowry...?

So a lottery pick + player for OCHO? :lol:

If BC could get a decent deal for pylon he wouldn't be here right now. And now as an expiring we're really not getting much for him unless other players are involved.

raptor123 12-14-2012 09:29 AM

Jeff Once again it goes right over your head lol


I know I know if you had to do it all over again you would not hesitate and trade our 1st round pick for Lowry. Thats why its highly unlikely most dont take you seriously....but hell its always entertaining and good for a laugh.:lol:

MrClutch 12-14-2012 10:34 AM

If were trading Calderon, they better give us Ebanks. Good solid forward who would help the team out

niggles 12-14-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClutch (Post 721217)
If were trading Calderon, they better give us Ebanks. Good solid forward who would help the team out

At this point we can't trade Calderon unless it's for another point guard- Lowry's out which would only leave Lucas. We would need another trade for a PG before trading Jose.

Claudius 12-14-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClutch (Post 721217)
If were trading Calderon, they better give us Ebanks. Good solid forward who would help the team out

Pass on Ebanks please. I don't understand why people are all over him.

Jose would look good in Boston, Miami, San Antonio, Dallas and Memphis as the back up PG as those teams push into the playoffs.

I don't know what would work or how a trade would happen between us and them, but it's what makes the most sense (veteran help).

MrClutch 12-14-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niggles (Post 721222)
At this point we can't trade Calderon unless it's for another point guard- Lowry's out which would only leave Lucas. We would need another trade for a PG before trading Jose.

Ah jeez, I forgot about Lucas being our 3rd stringer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 721231)
Pass on Ebanks please. I don't understand why people are all over him.

Ebanks is a good forward on a cheap contract. He plays defense and can score in bunches. Why not take a chance on him?

Claudius 12-14-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClutch (Post 721241)

Ebanks is a good forward on a cheap contract. He plays defense and can score in bunches. Why not take a chance on him?

Every time I watch him, I ask, we've seen players like him come through Toronto before. He's nothing special. We have a tendency to do this with players on other teams that we watch. We think they're much better than what's here, then they come here and we see that they're not all that good.

If he was 'ready' for that next step (6th man say) then they wouldn't have brought in a guy like Jamison to play the 6th man. His offence is related to the personnel on the court.

Psi 12-14-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 721204)
Jeff Once again it goes right over your head lol


I know I know if you had to do it all over again you would not hesitate and trade our 1st round pick for Lowry. Thats why its highly unlikely most dont take you seriously....but hell its always entertaining and good for a laugh.:lol:

Actually you don't have a clue.
No one is going to give us a lottery pick (hell a top 15 pick) for Pylonderon.
The best pick we could get would be the lakers (if they have it, not checking :P) because they're a team that's supposed to be at the top of the league.

What's better:
#2 pick or #18 pick + random bench player?

The Trade for Lowry was a good one, it handcuffed out ability to move a first round pick for a bit, but he was still worth it.
No one does that with Calderon involved.

ollyaaa 12-14-2012 11:40 AM

I predict Caldy will stay forever, then retire from the court and become a PG coach for us and then head coach and then GM.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24