ANGRY WITH FANS
Old 02-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default ANGRY WITH FANS

first off, i would liek to say i went to the game vs the clippers yesterday, and i was pissed at the fact our so called fan base cheered louder for blake fuckin griffin than any of our players combined

i dont give two fucks if we are shit, or if dumbass tank nation is in effect, show some pride in ur city you fan boy band wagon riding douchebags! and yes blake was ineffective, his numbers were decieving.

he only had one decent dunk, which was the alley oop, and ppl stood up like americanized pieces of shit and acted like the dunk was the goldiest thing theyd ever seen! im sorry but demar and sonny receive alleyopps like that all the time and u dont see the fanboys giving them a standing ovation!

i have to say i enjoy blake griffin, wish he was a raptor, but seriously, not EVERY dunk he does is AUTOMATICALLY amazing, and how dare u embarrass ur city by blatantly cheering for the other team likes hes some of sort second coming of christ. there was a section of blake griffen fans chanting his name if u believe it or not.

lol obviously u can see im very bitter about this, and im sure u all will rip me apart, but lets discuss this anyways. is it acceptable to just abandon ur team win the going gets tough, and ride the bandwagon of another team? honestly in my opinion, whats the fun in always cheering for the best team?

anyways DISCUSS
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
mirin' Gao-sthetics

Distributor of Swag
 
CommunistCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memory Lane
Posts: 811
Representing:
Default

Totally feel ya man. I went to the Lakers game and came away feeling pissed too.

Our fan base gotta step up for our talent, or the players will keep leaving. THIS IS NOT THE MIAMI HEAT. We shouldn't need to FAN UP -_-
CommunistCrunch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 997
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
first off, i would liek to say i went to the game vs the clippers yesterday, and i was pissed at the fact our so called fan base cheered louder for blake fuckin griffin than any of our players combined

i dont give two fucks if we are shit, or if dumbass tank nation is in effect, show some pride in ur city you fan boy band wagon riding douchebags! and yes blake was ineffective, his numbers were decieving.

he only had one decent dunk, which was the alley oop, and ppl stood up like americanized pieces of shit and acted like the dunk was the goldiest thing theyd ever seen! im sorry but demar and sonny receive alleyopps like that all the time and u dont see the fanboys giving them a standing ovation!

i have to say i enjoy blake griffin, wish he was a raptor, but seriously, not EVERY dunk he does is AUTOMATICALLY amazing, and how dare u embarrass ur city by blatantly cheering for the other team likes hes some of sort second coming of christ. there was a section of blake griffen fans chanting his name if u believe it or not.

lol obviously u can see im very bitter about this, and im sure u all will rip me apart, but lets discuss this anyways. is it acceptable to just abandon ur team win the going gets tough, and ride the bandwagon of another team? honestly in my opinion, whats the fun in always cheering for the best team?

anyways DISCUSS
the NBA has always placed the individual star above the team. people cheer like crazy for Kobe when he comes here even though he dropped 81 points on us a few years back.

The casual fan is in it for its entertainment value.... Blake's entertaining, unfortunately the Raps aren't...
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 997
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistCrunch View Post
Totally feel ya man. I went to the Lakers game and came away feeling pissed too.

Our fan base gotta step up for our talent, or the players will keep leaving. THIS IS NOT THE MIAMI HEAT. We shouldn't need to FAN UP -_-
ahahahahahahahahaha that is the perfect way to put it man!

"OMG WE'RE GOOD ALL OF A SUDDEN!! GUESS ITS TIME TO.... FAN UP!!!"
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
having sexual relations with that woman

Senior Member
 
LilRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 642
Representing:
Default

I saw people cheering very LOUD when Amir superblocked Griffin.
LilRomeo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
.

Member
 
TOAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 370
Representing:
Default

griffin had about 5 or 6 dunks, and only 1 of them the fans went crazy about. and the truth is, it was the dunk of the game. people came to see basketball. they chant when they see something exciting. what's wrong with that? you're over reacting
TOAO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Because Griffin is hyped right now. Back in the day people did the same thing wherever Vince Carter went.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
mooing

Senior Member
 
babyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,102
Representing:
Default

wait till Miami comes and Lebron puts on a show
babyface is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
fist pumping.

Member
 
KollegeKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 168
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface View Post
wait till Miami comes and Lebron puts on a show
or not. if it gets ugly early, the stars will probably sit a chunk of the game and let the bench play.
KollegeKid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,864
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface View Post
wait till Miami comes and Lebron puts on a show
Lebron and Bosh will get boo'd
I'd cheer for wade though.
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,301
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Because Griffin is hyped right now. Back in the day people did the same thing wherever Vince Carter went.
The Clippers fans did the same thing for Vince back in the day.

Although his dunk was amazing.

Carter Best In The Game Alley Oop..." target="_blank">YouTube - Vince Carter Best In The Game Alley Oop...

Didn't really see anything nice from Griffin today. Simple dunks.


EDIT: HOLY SHIT NEVERMIND. That alley-oop was sickkkk. Anyways the others were simple. lol

Last edited by DonMughal; 02-14-2011 at 01:33 AM.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,221
Representing:
Default

Nice sound off 123

That reminds me of what I thought after 2 Portland games this season. The Knicks came into town and completely destroyed my Blazers with a series of vicious dunks to finish us off, and had the Rose Garden oohing and ahhing. Then a couple nights later, the Kings came up in here and whooped us thoroughly, but they didn't dunk the crap outta the ball like the Knicks, and the Rose Garden booed their own team off the court.

Portland fans booed their own team, because they tried harder and didn't give up fantastic dunks. That makes a helluva lotta sense.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,228
Representing:
Default

Cheer the talent and entertainment value of that dunk..... why not?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
stripes

Senior Member
 
just4_raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,821
Representing:
Default

i was there too. most people were cheering for both, a raps win, and to see some griffin highlights. you could argue one was greater than the other...but not by much, and it varied throughout the game.

any city would do the same. we want our team to win first and foremost, and secondly see some entertaining ball. nothing wrong with cheering for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
show some pride in ur city you fan boy band wagon riding douchebags!
btw, if you identify your pride for your city by its sports teams...that doesn't say much about your city and your standards of why you love your city. toronto is so much more than the raptors, leafs, blue jays...
just4_raps is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,582
Representing:
Default

anybody find it interesting that Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are both allstars,

they both rebound like crazy but it doesn't show up when it comes to wins, why is that?

both these guys stat pad there rebounds in a similar way that Bosh did in Toronto, steal there teammates rebounds and get into a allstar game

then you look at a guy like Dwight Howard, who instantly made the Magic better because of his rebounds

same with Joakim Noah, his rebounds translate into winning,

another thing if we made some lay ups this game would ahve been a blow out, so how does Bargs lack of rebounding effect the game, especially against rebounding machines like Griffin and Love, which in the last month our only two wins

guys like

Bosh,Griffin,Love, Zach Randolph, David Lee don't effect winning with there rebounding

meanwhile guys like

Howard, Noah, Chandler, Perkins, win with there rebounding


everyone checks the stat sheet and you can see that Griffin got 20 and 14, and your like wow domination, but then you watch the game and you barely notice the guy out there, same with Kevin Love who has great rebounding but when you watch the game you come away thinking Bargs was the best player on the floor while Love is going to a allstar game
rapsmannn is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,378
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
The Clippers fans did the same thing for Vince back in the day.

Although his dunk was amazing.

YouTube - Vince Carter Best In The Game Alley Oop Dunk Ever

Didn't really see anything nice from Griffin today. Simple dunks.


EDIT: HOLY SHIT NEVERMIND. That alley-oop was sickkkk. Anyways the others were simple. lol
that dunk was ridiculous, i remember watching this game and that dunk gave us the momentum later on to win
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
anybody find it interesting that Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are both allstars,

they both rebound like crazy but it doesn't show up when it comes to wins, why is that?

both these guys stat pad there rebounds in a similar way that Bosh did in Toronto, steal there teammates rebounds and get into a allstar game

then you look at a guy like Dwight Howard, who instantly made the Magic better because of his rebounds

same with Joakim Noah, his rebounds translate into winning,

another thing if we made some lay ups this game would ahve been a blow out, so how does Bargs lack of rebounding effect the game, especially against rebounding machines like Griffin and Love, which in the last month our only two wins

guys like

Bosh,Griffin,Love, Zach Randolph, David Lee don't effect winning with there rebounding

meanwhile guys like

Howard, Noah, Chandler, Perkins, win with there rebounding


everyone checks the stat sheet and you can see that Griffin got 20 and 14, and your like wow domination, but then you watch the game and you barely notice the guy out there, same with Kevin Love who has great rebounding but when you watch the game you come away thinking Bargs was the best player on the floor while Love is going to a allstar game
Lol... the Clippers lost Eric Gordon... that's going to impact your games... Griffin or no Griffin. When he was in the lineup the Clips made a huge charge up the standings. Now they have to rely on Baron (who's too old) and Foye (who's not good enough) for their guard play.

Sorry.... but if you think that Griffin's rebounds don't impact the Clippers' games then you haven't been paying attention.

Ditto for Bosh. Lol... just look at our record now compared to last season and you can see how much he meant to this team.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 72
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
anybody find it interesting that Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are both allstars,

they both rebound like crazy but it doesn't show up when it comes to wins, why is that?

both these guys stat pad there rebounds in a similar way that Bosh did in Toronto, steal there teammates rebounds and get into a allstar game

then you look at a guy like Dwight Howard, who instantly made the Magic better because of his rebounds

same with Joakim Noah, his rebounds translate into winning,

another thing if we made some lay ups this game would ahve been a blow out, so how does Bargs lack of rebounding effect the game, especially against rebounding machines like Griffin and Love, which in the last month our only two wins

guys like

Bosh,Griffin,Love, Zach Randolph, David Lee don't effect winning with there rebounding

meanwhile guys like

Howard, Noah, Chandler, Perkins, win with there rebounding


everyone checks the stat sheet and you can see that Griffin got 20 and 14, and your like wow domination, but then you watch the game and you barely notice the guy out there, same with Kevin Love who has great rebounding but when you watch the game you come away thinking Bargs was the best player on the floor while Love is going to a allstar game
…Or these guys (Howard, Noah, Chandler, Perkins) simply play on great “teams” and that is why they win.

Boston has been winning with Perk on the side-lines, Dallas has been a great winning team for years. Noah has been out for weeks and the Bulls are still winning.

To put it another way, Perkins plays with 4 all-stars, Chandler plays with a couple of future hall of famers, Noah plays with multiple all-stars.
To say these teams win games because of these guys’ individual rebounding is baseless.

As for Howard, his team revolves around him being the only guy at the basket. So, he better get the rebounds because no one else on his team will.
bltman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
anybody find it interesting that Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are both allstars,

they both rebound like crazy but it doesn't show up when it comes to wins, why is that?

both these guys stat pad there rebounds in a similar way that Bosh did in Toronto, steal there teammates rebounds and get into a allstar game

then you look at a guy like Dwight Howard, who instantly made the Magic better because of his rebounds

same with Joakim Noah, his rebounds translate into winning,

another thing if we made some lay ups this game would ahve been a blow out, so how does Bargs lack of rebounding effect the game, especially against rebounding machines like Griffin and Love, which in the last month our only two wins

guys like

Bosh,Griffin,Love, Zach Randolph, David Lee don't effect winning with there rebounding

meanwhile guys like

Howard, Noah, Chandler, Perkins, win with there rebounding


everyone checks the stat sheet and you can see that Griffin got 20 and 14, and your like wow domination, but then you watch the game and you barely notice the guy out there, same with Kevin Love who has great rebounding but when you watch the game you come away thinking Bargs was the best player on the floor while Love is going to a allstar game
such a bad analysis and completely false
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol... the Clippers lost Eric Gordon... that's going to impact your games... Griffin or no Griffin. When he was in the lineup the Clips made a huge charge up the standings. Now they have to rely on Baron (who's too old) and Foye (who's not good enough) for their guard play.

Sorry.... but if you think that Griffin's rebounds don't impact the Clippers' games then you haven't been paying attention.

Ditto for Bosh. Lol... just look at our record now compared to last season and you can see how much he meant to this team.
It's takes a fool to argue with a fool..... but I can't help being foolish. Your argument is a baseless one. The Raptors, as awful as they were and as overvalued as Bosh was, replaced their best player with a TPE. Given that, I'd say that the difference between our current record and last year's lottery placement isn't as great as you seem to think. I understand you choose not to accept that, but why keep bringing it up in an effort to defend Bosh on every thread?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24