Andrea Bargnani
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default Andrea Bargnani

Hey, im wondering if you guys think he needs to be out a few games to heal his ailing injuries cause it looks like hes affecting the team very poorly on defense
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,210
Representing:
Default

Yes

Rest of the season should do it ...
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

haha i just feel guys like amir, davis, dorsey, alabi and ajinca can all do a better job on the defensive end and contribute on offense as well. they also wont look confused on defense
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,562
Representing:
Default

I don't think it's injuries that are making him look lost defensively.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,478
Representing:
Raptors

I told myself I wasn't going to cal him a bitch anymore, so I won't comment on heart. But as came up in another posting, no one on this team should be playing injured to try and move from a 21 win season to a 22 win season. If he's injured, he should sit down and the young bigs should get mega playing time with teaching and film.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,535
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to cal him a bitch anymore, so I won't comment on heart. But as came up in another posting, no one on this team should be playing injured to try and move from a 21 win season to a 22 win season. If he's injured, he should sit down and the young bigs should get mega playing time with teaching and film.
You're out of your mind. When Triano sat Bargnani through most of the second quarter last night, the Raptors erased the deficit and took control of the game. Bargnani came back in and the game tightened up again immediately. In the second half he chucked away and a loss was assured. If Triano is driving the Tank, his gun turret is Bargnani.

If this guy cannot deal with being hurt, then what future does he have? Let him destroy this season and then do something about that future.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

well we are all starting to see what kind of a player he is and what kind of a role he is best suited for. I think he still has a place with this team given some changes around him (expecting him to change is asking too much).
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wheelin and Dealin

Good Fella
 
Raptor-Colts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 81
Representing:
Default

I don't think that will matter. Even when he is healthy he dosen''t guard other teams Cs and plays soft D. His role is to be a scoring PF and we need to pair him up with a D minded Big. Thats they way it will be.
Raptor-Colts is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

2 options with bargnani. First requires shackles and a bull whip, and the second requires a dog kennel with some syrup


oh and i guess triano could always do more of what he did in the second q last game. Bargnani needs to be riden, babied for too long. 25 now , if he cant handle it and dissapears then you play him 40 minutes a game and hope for another 30 point 4 rebound streak where you then dump him to he highest bidder who thinks they can change him and with that offensive talent there will be many suitors/dreamers
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,478
Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
You're out of your mind. When Triano sat Bargnani through most of the second quarter last night, the Raptors erased the deficit and took control of the game. Bargnani came back in and the game tightened up again immediately. In the second half he chucked away and a loss was assured. If Triano is driving the Tank, his gun turret is Bargnani.

If this guy cannot deal with being hurt, then what future does he have? Let him destroy this season and then do something about that future.
That's 1 game. I can't assume that Ajinca and Davis are going to lead us to wins over decent teams any more than with Bargs putting in 30 min. Bargnani hs his faults, but they are still inexperienced. either way, many losses are coming. So if Bargnani is playing injured, he should sit down and let's see what these other guys are about.....and I like to see guys in positions that they are not used to. It helps with clarity....like if Reggie didn't get hurt, we would not have all seen for ourselves how clearly he was making up for rebounding and inside presence without fouling.

Last edited by Ammo; 01-29-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
WINNING

Member
 
surreyjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 263
Representing:
Default

Andrea is a lost cause. He should be 6th man off the bench. We are going to keep getting exposed inside when he's on the floor. It baffles me how a 7 footer can't grab more than 5 fucking rebounds. I bet Andrea doesn't have one double-double in his career, fucking pussy.
surreyjack is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,380
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack View Post
Andrea is a lost cause. He should be 6th man off the bench. We are going to keep getting exposed inside when he's on the floor. It baffles me how a 7 footer can't grab more than 5 fucking rebounds. I bet Andrea doesn't have one double-double in his career, fucking pussy.
december 5th 2010
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack View Post
Andrea is a lost cause. He should be 6th man off the bench. We are going to keep getting exposed inside when he's on the floor. It baffles me how a 7 footer can't grab more than 5 fucking rebounds. I bet Andrea doesn't have one double-double in his career, fucking pussy.
i think you deeply underestimate bargnani, he's got to have at least 2-3 Double-doubles under his belt since the team drafted him. no more than 4 though
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,535
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
That's 1 game. I can't assume that Ajinca and Davis are going to lead us to wins over decent teams any more than with Bargs putting in 30 min. Bargnani hs his faults, but they are still inexperienced. either way, many losses are coming. So if Bargnani is playing injured, he should sit down and let's see what these other guys are about.....and I like to see guys in positions that they are not used to. It helps with clarity....like if Reggie didn't get hurt, we would not have all seen for ourselves how clearly he was making up for rebounding and inside presence without fouling.
It still scares the hell out of me. When was the last really good win? Against Dallas. Who didn't play? Bargnani.

I think we can see what the other guys are about, but Andrea has to chuck 20+shots at the same time.

How about this - sit the guy down during the next really rough stretch in the schedule. I could definitely go for that. But still - he's able to play. If he's going to sit he might as well just be traded.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
ballin'

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 366
Representing:
Default

i don't care about Barg's stats, I want some effort. I dont care if he plays shitty if eh puts in a lot of effort defensively and boxing his man out. Triano should bench him ubnless eh puts in good effort on both ends of the floor. IMHO i dont rlly like Bargnanis game. Sure hes special for a 7 footer but his weaknesses outweight his strengths.
raptorballer13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorballer13 View Post
i don't care about Barg's stats, I want some effort. I dont care if he plays shitty if eh puts in a lot of effort defensively and boxing his man out. Triano should bench him ubnless eh puts in good effort on both ends of the floor. IMHO i dont rlly like Bargnanis game. Sure hes special for a 7 footer but his weaknesses outweight his strengths.
thats all ive been waiting for, but for some reason he seems to be in some other dimension and its getting on my nerves
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,535
Representing:
Default

the dude just has to play basketball when it comes down to it. That's it! That's all he's needed to do since day one. And it's not as though he never has, but it seems such a gargantuan task to do it, and keep it up. Every time he does the things basketball players do, it's like doing penance or something. Like last night he doesn't just come out and hedge on Boykins, he practically comes all the way out to center court to do so, as if that was going to be worth a whole rosary of hail marys, and leave him good for the rest of the half at least.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
losing faith in Rap's fan base

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,722
Representing:
Default

Trade him to Cleveland. They want talent, and Dan Gilbert is a fool.
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,909
Representing:
Default

Bargnani... get out of Toronto.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,535
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Bargnani... get out of Toronto.
wait now - wait - hold on there - he's still got another half to play. that means another ten missed shots. let's not shortchange the guy here
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24