American Media harassing Ed Davis already about Toronto
Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Thumbs down American Media harassing Ed Davis already about Toronto

I couldn't find a link and they showed it live after the draft ended on Raptors draft special on RapsTV... did anyone see it?

Atleast 2 different reporters started saying crap to the poor kid:

First question was something like

"How does it feel to play in a Foreign Country?"

Others asked:

"Do you have a passport"
"You know your going to a different country, theres more taxes there. Are you going to keep all your receipts to receive maximum benefits?"
"Do you know how much taxes you will have to pay?"
"Have you even had a workout there?, Ever been there?"
"Did you know it snows 13 months a year there"

The great part was after it ended they came back to Devlin and Jack Armstrong... Jack Was pissssssssst

After the ED interview, the screen then showed Devlin/Jack and Andy then asked Jack for his reaction on Ed Davis and he just started saying ....."..not necessarily a reaction to Ed Davis, but the complete jerkoff that was asking questions....making comments about the tax structure, receipts....who is this moron....I want the name of this complete and total moron (Devlin was just laughing at his side)...that was just actually standing there and basically taking shots at playing in Toronto/Canada....and this guy claims himself to be some expert on all this....and quite frankly idiots like that make it hard to attract players"

hahahaha gotta love Jack

Devlin then pointed out that there are about 4 other NBA cities that actually tax higher than Toronto.

Fuck the American Media...

Last edited by Ex2k; 06-25-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

What more can I add to the best post of the year so far????
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
Default

Oh well, at least he has DD to tell him all the wonderful things about Toronto.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

I kinda like al the young dudes on Toronto now.

I mean if you can suck, at least its nice to know your guys get along.

Time to grow a team properly. I just hope one of these young kids blows up. Toronto will never win without a bit of luck from the draft.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

I was pretty astounded by the one guy particular bombarding this guy with these assinine questions ...such as "you're gonna have to watch you're money, you're gonna be paying double the tax"...American media is ignorant to begin with when it comes to Toronto and Canada in general but this was blatantly over the top stupid. I would love...just once an American born player that comes here and is asked stupid questions that he would look at them and say "WTF are you talking about, have you ever been to Toronto?"
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

I'd love for a Canadian reporter to interview an American kid and ask him these questions...

1.) How does it feel to live in a country with an increasing load of debt?
2.) How does it feel to enter into any American city and realize that most of that population is living impoverished or unable to afford their own home?
3.) How does it feel knowing that you American president has no back bone?
4.) You do realize that the USA is quickly becoming an economic 3rd world country right?
5.) How are you going to cope when the reality comes that eventually the US Population will have to be taxed to pay for the following: Additional bail outs, Foreign Wars and Universal Health Care?

Yup, I'd love to hear those answers.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,634
Representing:
Default

Davis is unfazed by it. I'm sure he's talked to DeRozan and to his dad, who has probably advised him about Toronto (although his father never played for Toronto, he has been here quite a few times as a player). Ed's gonna love Toronto.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

"Do you have a passport"? LOL

Yeah because the Raptors are the only team in the NBA that play all 82 games on the road... Only there players require them...
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

How about all the USA chants too from the crowd? MEATHEADS! I guess they forgot to realize that their shores are covered in oil, their economy and infrastructure is shit and their healthcare still blows big ones.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Please that small contingent, is the contingent that places everything on credit and then cries when they have to pay for it with 19% interest.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Falling asleep

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 490
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
I couldn't find a link and they showed it live after the draft ended on Raptors draft special on RapsTV... did anyone see it?

Atleast 2 different reporters started saying crap to the poor kid:

First question was something like

"How does it feel to play in a Foreign Country?"

Others asked:

"Do you have a passport"
"You know your going to a different country, theres more taxes there. Are you going to keep all your receipts to receive maximum benefits?"
"Do you know how much taxes you will have to pay?"
"Have you even had a workout there?, Ever been there?"
"Did you know it snows 13 months a year there"

The great part was after it ended they came back to Devlin and Jack Armstrong... Jack Was pissssssssst

After the ED interview, the screen then showed Devlin/Jack and Andy then asked Jack for his reaction on Ed Davis and he just started saying ....."..not necessarily a reaction to Ed Davis, but the complete jerkoff that was asking questions....making comments about the tax structure, receipts....who is this moron....I want the name of this complete and total moron (Devlin was just laughing at his side)...that was just actually standing there and basically taking shots at playing in Toronto/Canada....and this guy claims himself to be some expert on all this....and quite frankly idiots like that make it hard to attract players"

hahahaha gotta love Jack

Devlin then pointed out that there are about 4 other NBA cities that actually tax higher than Toronto.

Fuck the American Media...
This is one of the biggest reasons why we will always struggle to land stars here in Toronto.

Besides the fact that this team has no proper stability, management issues and an ownership that doesnt give a rats ass. We have to deal with stuff like this, in a world where media has big stake in what people think especially younger atheletes we are fighting an uphill battle with both hands tied behind our backs
Raptors_fan202 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Well all negativity aside I would have liked to see a prime time interviewer who LIKES Toronto ask these questions;

1. Ed Davis, you've just won the lottery, how does it feel?

2. Ed, you're not known as a flashy kid, you're more of a lunchpail guy who likes to work for his money, how does it feel knowing you're going to a city that will chant your name for being who you are?

3. Ed, you have the money for a good accountant now, you must feel better knowing your new boss is one of the most stable, and financially healthy franchises in the world!

4. Ever been to toronto?

5. You must be happy knowing it's one of the coolest and most friendly cities to play in in the NBA, as Chris Bosh always says, you can walk to the grocery store and people say hello, yet don't bother you at all.....

6. Welcome to Toronto Ed, we can't wait to Boo you..... HA, I kid Ed, you'll learn soon enough, us Canucks are all comedians!

Back to you Bob.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_fan202 View Post
This is one of the biggest reasons why we will always struggle to land stars here in Toronto.

Besides the fact that this team has no proper stability, management issues and an ownership that doesnt give a rats ass. We have to deal with stuff like this, in a world where media has big stake in what people think especially younger atheletes we are fighting an uphill battle with both hands tied behind our backs
The bolded stuff is all conjecture.

Embry and English and Triano have been here for quite some time. Colangelo has been here for 4 years I believe and will likely be resigned for a little more. So much of the management is in place and has been in place for quite some time so therefore it has stability and the management issues you speak of I feel are made up by this fan base in general.

Secondly, this ownership, if not assosciated with the Toronto Maple Leafs would be seen in a different light. An ownership that doesn't give a rats ass, doesn't do marketing, doesn't do it's own television station, doesn't pay top dollar for a thought to be top executive, doesn't even think about giving Chris Bosh the max etc. That's Donald Sterling.

The problem really lies that this team, early on never really addressed the Canada issue and never did it's part on educating players. But more importantly, we've never capitalized on assets. We never capitalized on T-Mac, VC and potentially Chris Bosh and that's what's held us back. OKC capitalized on Ray Allen for e.g. We wait until it's too late.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_fan202 View Post
This is one of the biggest reasons why we will always struggle to land stars here in Toronto.

Besides the fact that this team has no proper stability, management issues and an ownership that doesnt give a rats ass. We have to deal with stuff like this, in a world where media has big stake in what people think especially younger atheletes we are fighting an uphill battle with both hands tied behind our backs
You're right 202.

And as massive of an issue as that is, many fans forget this when they become angry with the GM's working up here. You know, a guy like Colangelo could build winners in NYC all day long. Doing it in Toronto is the ultimate NBA challenge for a GM. I am super thrilled we got the guy that lives for these challenges.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,835
Representing:
Default

Its the media...........everyone hate them and they suck. I think their job is to make everyone mad and they do a very good job at it.

On Mike and Mike they gave Toronto a lot of credit. Talked about the city and how great the city is, etc...

You're going to get this. Better to just ignore the idiot but sometimes its harder to do. Like I said most people in the media really suck.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Falling asleep

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 490
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
The bolded stuff is all conjecture.

Embry and English and Triano have been here for quite some time. Colangelo has been here for 4 years I believe and will likely be resigned for a little more. So much of the management is in place and has been in place for quite some time so therefore it has stability and the management issues you speak of I feel are made up by this fan base in general.

Secondly, this ownership, if not assosciated with the Toronto Maple Leafs would be seen in a different light. An ownership that doesn't give a rats ass, doesn't do marketing, doesn't do it's own television station, doesn't pay top dollar for a thought to be top executive, doesn't even think about giving Chris Bosh the max etc. That's Donald Sterling.

The problem really lies that this team, early on never really addressed the Canada issue and never did it's part on educating players. But more importantly, we've never capitalized on assets. We never capitalized on T-Mac, VC and potentially Chris Bosh and that's what's held us back. OKC capitalized on Ray Allen for e.g. We wait until it's too late.
Yes they have been here for some time, but how well has the team done in that some time? It has just been a treadmill team and it being up and down. Our core players have been shuffled on and on with too many quick fixes to address a problem

Not to mention being tagged along with the MLSE (Maple Leafs) reminds us of another team which has achieved not a whole lot much in oh so 40 years and going now? I cant even remember the last time the leafs were a cup contender 1998??

Anyways It looks like MLSE and the Teachers pension plan know they have a cash cow they can milk in the leafs and I think they are hoping the Raptors will become that as well.

Then theres the canada issue all by itself. watching the draft yesterday it made me sick to my stomach hearing those guys chant USA USA USA...sigh! i guess in one way I understand why BC wanted more Euros he wanted avoid the Canada stigma and see if he can build with players from different parts of the globe, which I support. But then he just seems to miss the ball as far as choosing the right Euro or international players for the job.

I dont mean to be harsh or over-critical of BC, but for once just for once i would like to see a winning franchise in the raps

Last edited by Raptors_fan202; 06-25-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Raptors_fan202 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,859
Representing:
Default

I think it was just a reporter trying to bait him into saying something stupid, like what happened to Jennings last year. Davis was smart not to fall for it.
Torontosaurus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_fan202 View Post
Yes they have been here for some time, but how well has the team done in that some time? It has just been a treadmill team and it being up and down. Our core players have been shuffled on and on with too many quick fixes to address a problem

Not to mention being tagged along with the MLSE (Maple Leafs) reminds us of another team which has achieved not a whole lot much in oh so 40 years and going now? I cant even remember the last time the leafs were a cup contender 1998??

Anyways It looks like MLSE and the Teachers pension plan know they have a cash cow they can milk in the leafs and I think they are hoping the Raptors will become that as well.

Then theres the canada issue all by itself. watching the draft yesterday it made me sick to my stomach hearing those guys chant USA USA USA...sigh!
So let me get this straight, you want stability, but if it isn't working then no stability is a good thing? Doesn't this go counter to your original point? And many of the quick fixes we speak of, I'm quite sure were demanded by this fan base and this fan base was quite happy with in addition to the demands of the former coaching staff and some players (needed size and defence, got J O'neal who many thought could provide that). It didn't work though.

Oh and you do admit that your idea that we have a poor ownership group stems from MLSE. Yes that other team hasn't won for 40 years but how much of that is on MLSE? I could be wrong but wasn't Ballard also an owner and during the 90s, I don't believe it was MLSE but I could be wrong.

All I ever noticed that was prior to the cap era, that organization was one of the top spenders in the league and money was never an issue during the late 90s early 2000s. But doesn't that also go counter to your point that they don't want to win and spend money?

It's not the ownerships fault that the management was short sighted and never got rid of contracts.

The perception of Toronto in the NBA needs to change, however, it was refreshing to recently read that Durant's favourite team growing up was the Raptors. So maybe, we're not seen that badly after all...
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Durants formative years were spent watching the GOOD Carter years. I'll guess he isn't alone.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 688
Representing:
Default

Yeah I saw the reporter and he seemed fucking clueless, he has no idea what hes talking about, one ignorant failure.
JackAstors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24