Am I the ONLY one who is NOT a CB4 Fan?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
complacency personified

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default Am I the ONLY one who is NOT a CB4 Fan?

What is it with the love-fest with Chris Bosh?
As a retired teacher, here is my Report Card on CB4:
GRADES:
Shooting: B-
Defence: D
FT's: A-
Ball Handling: D
Rebounding: C-
Court Leadership: C
Effort: C
Intangibles (Grit, Determination, Toughness): D

ANECDOTAL:
Shooting: When he catches, squares, and releases, he' a pretty good shooter. When he does the "5-Steamboat" delay, he's not. Too many attempts made outside of his personal "zone". Can be a disappointment at crucial <59 sec times.

Defence: C'mon...defence? If hovering around in the paint, waving your arms and avoiding the action is defence, then ok...but, that ain't the case in the NBA. I tend to isolate on him during the game. I guess I'm a masochist...he's just not that into mixing it up down low.

FT's: No argument here. He's excellent

Ball Handling: There's a good case for JT to tell him to NEVER DRIBBLE THE BALL! He has NO skills in this area!

Rebounding: Hmmm...There is a HUGE WEAKNESS in this stat. It should be broken into "contested" and "uncontested". CB is excellent with the "uncontested". Even he can catch a ball off the rim. The other? Hmmmmm....isolate on him for the answer. His 9-10 rebounds would be 2/8 in the "C/UC" category.

Court Leadership: Hmmm...tough one...I haven't witnessed a whole lot of this from him. Unless, of course, it's in his between half's interviews

Effort: Not so much...very slow on the break...gives up quite easily...

Intangibles: Not impressed here. [see effort]. Also, I'm not impressed w/ his recent "bench smiles and yuk's" during his injury hiatus. Leadership comes from the heart not the wallet.

Overall: He's over-rated for sure. He's good but NOT someone to "build a team around". I LOVE the Raptors as a team, but am not enamoured with the quality of the players. However, to coin an old expression, "Success is money, how much do you want to have?" MLSE will NEVER fund a champion. If you want success in the "big's", you need private ownership! [sorry, digressing here]

...Pye_Guy
pye_guy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Humpy's #1 fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 600
Representing:
Default

I dont like him either.
dmbphan041 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

Everyone has their own opinions and I respect yours but he is still young and has a lot of time to improve. I just hope that happens fast
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

IF someone averaging 10 boards a game is a C-... than dwight is a C+.

Also Dwight would have an F in shooting, ball handling, FT's etc. So is he overrated? And I dunno what you mean by leadership.. when Jose and JO were both out... and he's playing with Solomon, Parker and Moon @ the 1,2,3 ... I don't know what you want him to lead. They werent gunna win those games anyway, and part of it is the coaches fault for not motivating anyone to move on the court.

Not to mention Bosh has to create ALL of his points... Jose never drives and feeds him easy buckets. half of dwights points are from jameer driving and getting the double and dumping to Dwight for an easy dunk. But is someone gunna make a "dwight is overrated" thread? no... because they're winning due to 3 all stars on their team. They were probably worried they would fall out of 3rd in the east without nelson so they had to trade a 1st to get alston.

Give Bosh some good players. For now there is no accurate way to measure him against the other best of this year (other than wade who is killing it alone).
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,967
Representing:
Default

Bosh is a great young player but people expect him to be dominant player like Kobe or Jordan... that he is not but neither are all other players in NBA not called LeBron or Wade...

Like Duncan or KG he needs good players around him and then he'll flourish in what he can do not fail in what he cannot do like he is doing now.
Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 282
Representing:
Default

I was a CB4 fan his first year when he played hard on defense, boxed out on rebounding, and "toughed it out" through injuries. Today he is the softest player in the entire NBA, almost never boxes out on rebounds, averages less than a block per game at 24, 6'11", and almost 40MPG, and routinely lets smaller players drive by him to the bucket.

And people want to pay this clown $20 million plus per season? LOL.


>>Also Dwight would have an F in shooting<<

No, because Dwight rarely settles for jump shots. He gets deep in the paint for high-percentage shots. The summer before his NBA career started he added considerable muscle so that he might be the strongest player in the league. Bosh's first few years everyone said "he needs to bulk up this summer". After 3-4 years of him coming to training camp as skinny as the previous season, people gave up even saying that. It's obvious Bosh doesn't have the commitment to getting stronger.

Last edited by RapMan99; 02-20-2009 at 06:39 PM.
RapMan99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Not ONLY you, pretty much all Nets/Magic/etc fans ... WE, Raptors FANS, like CB4. He is our superstar ... he has flaws like any other superstar, but he is the one who carry on his shoulders Raptors team.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
dollar dollar bills yall

Member
 
JayJayW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 416
Representing:
Default

the moment Bosh starts playing well again like he did during the begining of the season you will be on his dick again....its true he does has his flaws but Toronto fans are just stupid to be 100% honest with you and dont know how to treat thier all stars...give the man some credit
JayJayW is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 443
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pye_guy View Post
What is it with the love-fest with Chris Bosh?
As a retired teacher, here is my Report Card on CB4:
GRADES:
Shooting: B-
Defence: D
FT's: A-
Ball Handling: D
Rebounding: C-
Court Leadership: C
Effort: C
Intangibles (Grit, Determination, Toughness): D

ANECDOTAL:
Shooting: When he catches, squares, and releases, he' a pretty good shooter. When he does the "5-Steamboat" delay, he's not. Too many attempts made outside of his personal "zone". Can be a disappointment at crucial <59 sec times.

Defence: C'mon...defence? If hovering around in the paint, waving your arms and avoiding the action is defence, then ok...but, that ain't the case in the NBA. I tend to isolate on him during the game. I guess I'm a masochist...he's just not that into mixing it up down low.

FT's: No argument here. He's excellent

Ball Handling: There's a good case for JT to tell him to NEVER DRIBBLE THE BALL! He has NO skills in this area!

Rebounding: Hmmm...There is a HUGE WEAKNESS in this stat. It should be broken into "contested" and "uncontested". CB is excellent with the "uncontested". Even he can catch a ball off the rim. The other? Hmmmmm....isolate on him for the answer. His 9-10 rebounds would be 2/8 in the "C/UC" category.

Court Leadership: Hmmm...tough one...I haven't witnessed a whole lot of this from him. Unless, of course, it's in his between half's interviews

Effort: Not so much...very slow on the break...gives up quite easily...

Intangibles: Not impressed here. [see effort]. Also, I'm not impressed w/ his recent "bench smiles and yuk's" during his injury hiatus. Leadership comes from the heart not the wallet.

Overall: He's over-rated for sure. He's good but NOT someone to "build a team around". I LOVE the Raptors as a team, but am not enamoured with the quality of the players. However, to coin an old expression, "Success is money, how much do you want to have?" MLSE will NEVER fund a champion. If you want success in the "big's", you need private ownership! [sorry, digressing here]

...Pye_Guy
+1
Quad Core is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayW View Post
the moment Bosh starts playing well again like he did during the begining of the season you will be on his dick again....its true he does has his flaws but Toronto fans are just stupid to be 100% honest with you and dont know how to treat thier all stars...give the man some credit
+1
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,087
Representing:
Default

He is one of the best 4's in the league. No, his game isn't perfect, and there are ways they could build a strong team without him, but he is a solid player regardless. I am a fan of what he can do on the court, and look forward to him maturing mentally (and getting help from a better roster) to improve on certain aspects.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
kg1585's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B-Town
Posts: 547
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapMan99 View Post
I was a CB4 fan his first year when he played hard on defense, boxed out on rebounding, and "toughed it out" through injuries. Today he is the softest player in the entire NBA, almost never boxes out on rebounds, averages less than a block per game at 24, 6'11", and almost 40MPG, and routinely lets smaller players drive by him to the bucket.

And people want to pay this clown $20 million plus per season? LOL.


>>Also Dwight would have an F in shooting<<

No, because Dwight rarely settles for jump shots. He gets deep in the paint for high-percentage shots. The summer before his NBA career started he added considerable muscle so that he might be the strongest player in the league. Bosh's first few years everyone said "he needs to bulk up this summer". After 3-4 years of him coming to training camp as skinny as the previous season, people gave up even saying that. It's obvious Bosh doesn't have the commitment to getting stronger.
Get out of here with that clown garbage. Bosh has played is heart out for this franchise.
kg1585 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
complacency personified

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
IF someone averaging 10 boards a game is a C-... than dwight is a C+.

Also Dwight would have an F in shooting, ball handling, FT's etc. So is he overrated? And I dunno what you mean by leadership.. when Jose and JO were both out... and he's playing with Solomon, Parker and Moon @ the 1,2,3 ... I don't know what you want him to lead. They werent gunna win those games anyway, and part of it is the coaches fault for not motivating anyone to move on the court.

Not to mention Bosh has to create ALL of his points... Jose never drives and feeds him easy buckets. half of dwights points are from jameer driving and getting the double and dumping to Dwight for an easy dunk. But is someone gunna make a "dwight is overrated" thread? no... because they're winning due to 3 all stars on their team. They were probably worried they would fall out of 3rd in the east without nelson so they had to trade a 1st to get alston.

Give Bosh some good players. For now there is no accurate way to measure him against the other best of this year (other than wade who is killing it alone).
I reiterate...let's break those 10 down into "contested" and "uncontested"...a VERY important differentiation in b'ball...even you or I could catch a ball when the offensive team has vacated the area back into the defensive zone. As for "Dwight"...who mentioned him? WHY does everyone in Raptorland even consider putting Bosh in the same sentence as Dwight, LBJ or Kobe??? He's NOT in their league. Your reference to "coaching" is spurious at best...hey, "Coaches coach, and players play"...when does Chris do the latter? Don't, please, don't start with our little Spaniard guard...he'll be the subject of a subsequent post!

I'm looking forward to tonight's game at MSG...I'm so hoping that CB proves me wrong! I REALLY hope he excels...but, alas, I don't see the cat changing the spots.

...P_G
pye_guy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
complacency personified

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Ivan View Post
Bosh is a great young player but people expect him to be dominant player like Kobe or Jordan... that he is not but neither are all other players in NBA not called LeBron or Wade...

Like Duncan or KG he needs good players around him and then he'll flourish in what he can do not fail in what he cannot do like he is doing now.
Great? C'mon...good, at best, on SOME nights. We'll never sniff a Kobe or Jordan in T.O....costs too much...face it, "we're" really not that good! Entertaining at times...frustrating at times...but a "contendah"? Not now...not until BC realizes that the future of an NBA team does NOT rely on second-rate Euros who lack the killer instinct earned on the corner lot! You don't have to be great to succeed...you just have to "want it"...and, most nights, "we" don't seem to want it...
pye_guy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
complacency personified

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
Not ONLY you, pretty much all Nets/Magic/etc fans ... WE, Raptors FANS, like CB4. He is our superstar ... he has flaws like any other superstar, but he is the one who carry on his shoulders Raptors team.
You're not serious are you? Surely, this is "tongue in cheek"..."superstar"??? Wow...superstars have FEW flaws...CB has to strive to be adequate...flaws abound w/ this guy...carries the team? Puuuullleeeeeaze...are you watching the same team 3-4 times/week as I am??? We had our chance with Vince until the "MLSE Cartel" blew him off...who makes those shots to win? Not "Christine"...he's too busy counting steamboats prior to shooting the lame fall-away for the rim-out! Anyway, enjoy your "superstar"...cuz he ain't taking them anywhere. Trade him...man, if only BC had the b'ball moxey of his old man. If we could get Nash and Stoudamire [sp?] for Bosh and Jose...hmmm...that's something to think about!
pye_guy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
is what it is!!

cogito ergo sum
 
killabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 974
Representing:
Default

don't worry, u are not the only hater out here
killabee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
complacency personified

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayW View Post
the moment Bosh starts playing well again like he did during the begining of the season you will be on his dick again....its true he does has his flaws but Toronto fans are just stupid to be 100% honest with you and dont know how to treat thier all stars...give the man some credit
He won't...and, I won't...haven't seen him as "the man" since he arrived...sad to say that he would be viewed in that light at any time...kinda' shows what the quality of the Raps is and has been...sad, really...and, IF he was making a couple mil/year I'd think about some slack...he is making "da' man" money and NOT producing "da' man" results...I guess treatment of stars has to be knowing what stars are...and, "we" haven't had many if any at all. The Raps, like the other T.O. teams are ALL suffering from the same reality...if we can dupe the fans, pack the house, make the cash...we'll continue to dish out the same tripe year after year...a la "The Leafs"...[sorry, a hockey term on a bball site]. I'll give him credit when credit is due! It, like respect, is earned, my friend...not assumed.
pye_guy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,069
Representing:
I really like Bosh, but if BC were to trade him for the right package and avoid giving him a contract that i don't think any player except Kobe/Lebron/Paul/KG and a few select others is worth, then i'd be pretty happy.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
complacency personified

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee View Post
don't worry, u are not the only hater out here
Damn! I'm NOT a "hater"...I WANT him to live up to the rep he has had created for him in T.O.! I just don't think he's THAT player. He's good at best...great? Never...
pye_guy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,069
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pye_guy View Post
here is my Report Card on CB4:
GRADES:
Shooting: B-
Defence: D
FT's: A-
Ball Handling: D
Rebounding: C-
Court Leadership: C
Effort: C
Shooting: B+
Defence:C-
FT: A-
Ball Handling: F
Rebounding: B+
Court Leadership: C
Effort: B
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24