Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Alot of teams inquiring about Bargnani & Calderon (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/alot-teams-inquiring-about-bargnani-calderon-22269.html)

jeffb 02-21-2012 02:28 PM

Alot of teams inquiring about Bargnani & Calderon
 
Quote:

Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani. The Raptors aren't likely to part with Bargnani, and if they move Calderon, they'll need to get a point guard in return. That would seem to make a trade for Calderon unlikely.
Sources: Lakers like Beasley - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

MikeToronto 02-21-2012 02:29 PM

Captain Obvious strikes again!
:cookie:

carp 02-21-2012 02:37 PM

Interestingly enough from that same article....

Quote:

Sources say Dallas is about ready to move on from the Roddy Beaubois experiment. The Mavericks have thought for years that the talented young Frenchman could be another Tony Parker, but he has not been able to master the move from shooting guard to point guard. Nor has he been able to fill the void left by J.J. Barea. If they don't move him before this year's deadline, he could be gone over the summer.


LX 02-21-2012 02:40 PM

Great news. There are options. Or if not now, there could be.

Bargn88 02-21-2012 02:42 PM

The raps def won't move AB, but the lakers and Calderon is something that has been brought up numerous times. Obviously there's interest, but so far the Lakers offers have been crap.

jeffb 02-21-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 618123)
The raps def won't move AB, but the lakers and Calderon is something that has been brought up numerous times. Obviously there's interest, but so far the Lakers offers have been crap.

what offers?

Bargn88 02-21-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 618124)
what offers?

Remember reading something somewhere that the Lakers had put together offers for Calderon but they were not to BC's liking.

LX 02-21-2012 02:54 PM

For the right price they had better be likely to move Bargnani. This team does not have the luxury of being able to turn down very good offers, for anybody. And the fact is that if the only really good offers involve Bargnani, then they go with the best one and work to get better at more than one position.

raptorchick 02-21-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 618120)
Interestingly enough from that same article....

So? The Mavs are dangling Beaubois to help clear capspace for D3 and DWill next season so they won't want Calderon who's making $10 mil next year. It's a non-starter.

jeffb 02-21-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptorchick (Post 618129)
So? The Mavs are dangling Beaubois to help clear capspace for D3 and DWill next season so they won't want Calderon who's making $10 mil next year. It's a non-starter.

bayless and barbosa are expirings

box92 02-21-2012 03:15 PM

why do we need to get a pg in return in the caldy trade?

halphbreedballer 02-21-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 618128)
For the right price they had better be likely to move Bargnani. This team does not have the luxury of being able to turn down very good offers, for anybody. And the fact is that if the only really good offers involve Bargnani, then they go with the best one and work to get better at more than one position.

I disagree BC will only trade AB for a player of equal or higher value that is either younger or close to his age group. & the money in the trade still has to add up.

So that being said there is a slim chance he gets traded.

jeffb 02-21-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 618131)
why do we need to get a pg in return in the caldy trade?

Because then all we'd have is a hobbling Bayless. Mind you we could always throw Arenas some money for the rest of the season or some D leaguer.

Don Vito 02-21-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 618131)
why do we need to get a pg in return in the caldy trade?

We don't, I don't know why everyone insists on it. If we can get a great deal idgaf what his position is.

Don Vito 02-21-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 618135)
Because then all we'd have is a hobbling Bayless. Mind you we could always throw Arenas some money for the rest of the season or some D leaguer.

We're not winning whether Jose is on or off the floor, him leaving makes no difference because we will still lose games.

jeffb 02-21-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 618137)
We're not winning whether Jose is on or off the floor, him leaving makes no difference because we will still lose games.

Agreed, but we'd still need to add a PG to finish the season.

carp 02-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 618140)
Agreed, but we'd still need to add a PG to finish the season.

Earl Boykins for cheap.

jeffb 02-21-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 618141)
Earl Boykins for cheap.

Actually, not a bad option.

Him, bayless and Carter would be enough to finish this season with. Forgot we had Carter. lmao

2012 02-21-2012 03:49 PM

jeffb
Maybe Raptors have J.Lin too, just need more credit to young players, and give him chance. Raptors lose every game, Calderon dont change anything.

MikeToronto 02-21-2012 04:04 PM

Perhaps if at least some details of these rumoured "deals" were presented, this discussion would have some substance... :sigh:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24