Alot of teams inquiring about Bargnani & Calderon - Page 3
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

I have a beat writer in LA for a friend, he covers both LA teams, I emailed him today about Calderon and LA, he said straight up Calderon is perfect for the lakers but that they don't have the talent to make the trade, Calderon demands a quality return.

And he ain't an idiot.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I have a beat writer in LA for a friend, he covers both LA teams, I emailed him today about Calderon and LA, he said straight up Calderon is perfect for the lakers but that they don't have the talent to make the trade, Calderon demands a quality return.

And he ain't an idiot.
You sure you're not talking to Doug Smith?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I think JJ is awful on offense. He's been better of late mind you, but he shouldn't be a starter imo. His energy off the bench for 20-25min would be awsome and if he can over take whoever comes in next season then we deal from a position of strength. IMO we have one true starter on this team and that's Bargnani, Jose is a starter on a bad team, borderline on a good-very good team. But the rest of this roster is nothing more then depth players, some better then others.
"Awful" is a stretch. When he plays under control he's shown that he has a decent jumper and he can take it strong to the rim. Ideally you don't WANT him taking a ton of shots. You just want him on the floor for his D.

As for Jose lol.... c'mon Jeff. Miami and OKC are 2 of the best teams in the NBA and Jose would start on both of them easily (Westbrook would move to the 2).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
"Awful" is a stretch. When he plays under control he's shown that he has a decent jumper and he can take it strong to the rim. Ideally you don't WANT him taking a ton of shots. You just want him on the floor for his D.

As for Jose lol.... c'mon Jeff. Miami and OKC are 2 of the best teams in the NBA and Jose would start on both of them easily (Westbrook would move to the 2).
absolutely agree with Boshman here. JJ is ever-improving and always gets to the rim.... defensively he's a top 5 SF.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
is waiting

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Representing:
Default

Some of you are seriously overrating James Johnson. He's a nice player to fill the gap.
A scottie pippen with no offense.
And his defense is not THAT good. I think most of you are just tired of seeing half-assed defense in Raptors for a long time, that's why you give so much credit for any defensive action.. JJ is averaging 1.4 block and 1.3 steals this season. Nothing extraordinary.

I still like him though. He's a good player for the money he's getting.
Seeker is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Some of you are seriously overrating James Johnson. He's a nice player to fill the gap.
A scottie pippen with no offense.
And his defense is not THAT good. I think most of you are just tired of seeing half-assed defense in Raptors for a long time, that's why you give so much credit for any defensive action.. JJ is averaging 1.4 block and 1.3 steals this season. Nothing extraordinary.

I still like him though. He's a good player for the money he's getting.
He's a young player who's only in his 2nd season.... what exactly are you expecting from him? 4 blks and 4 stls per game?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He's a young player who's only in his 2nd season.... what exactly are you expecting from him? 4 blks and 4 stls per game?
third season.... but I agree.

As far as stats, who cares... watch the games, dude is all over the paint defensively.... stats are BS sometimes. Dude is a fantastic rim protector out of the SF or PF spot and our best lockdown defender by far. Top 5 defensive SF in the league, book it.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,200
Representing:
Default

If we could somehow get Beaubois and their 1st from DAL for Jose you do it in a heartbeat. Just because he isn't working out there at PG doesnt mean much. He sees limited time and touches to be honest. It would be great if we had that available to us in a trade.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,277
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I have a beat writer in LA for a friend, he covers both LA teams, I emailed him today about Calderon and LA, he said straight up Calderon is perfect for the lakers but that they don't have the talent to make the trade, Calderon demands a quality return.

And he ain't an idiot.
In terms of Lakers players on contracts, he's undoubtedly right. I don't think anybody would dare call your friend an idiot. We don't need any of the players; they'd just be a means to make the trade work for the CBA.

If it had to happen, I'd want both of the Lakers 2 first rounders in 2012. That's the only value the Raps could get.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
on the JV bandwagon

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
If we could somehow get Beaubois and their 1st from DAL for Jose you do it in a heartbeat. Just because he isn't working out there at PG doesnt mean much. He sees limited time and touches to be honest. It would be great if we had that available to us in a trade.
Dallas pick is top 20 protected, the Lakers own it it otherwise.
TM85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #51 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,686
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You sure you're not talking to Doug Smith?
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #52 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM85 View Post
Dallas pick is top 20 protected, the Lakers own it it otherwise.
so it'd be a non-protected pick the following year then.... even better.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
a newbie

Member
 
raptorchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 143
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
If we could somehow get Beaubois and their 1st from DAL for Jose you do it in a heartbeat. Just because he isn't working out there at PG doesnt mean much. He sees limited time and touches to be honest. It would be great if we had that available to us in a trade.
For the 2nd time, DAL is dangling Beaubois to clear capspace for next year for DWill and DH so they're not interested in Calderon as he's on the books next for $10 mil. Not to mention they have Kidd and West at PG, both of whom can actually play some semblance of defense which is important to a team that emphasizes defense and leads the league in lowest opposition FG%.
raptorchick is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,166
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
so it'd be a non-protected pick the following year then.... even better.
The pick is top-20 protected until 2017 according to NBAdraft.net.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,744
Representing:
Default

Maybe Barbosa for Beaubois?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #56 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Maybe Barbosa for Beaubois?
Barbosa 7.5Mil

Beaubois 1.2Mil


jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #57 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,131
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I think JJ is awful on offense. He's been better of late mind you, but he shouldn't be a starter imo. His energy off the bench for 20-25min would be awsome and if he can over take whoever comes in next season then we deal from a position of strength. IMO we have one true starter on this team and that's Bargnani, Jose is a starter on a bad team, borderline on a good-very good team. But the rest of this roster is nothing more then depth players, some better then others.
No close yet... but the difference is he has a chance to be all-defense and if he can be that he doesn't need to be all-offense to be top 3 on a team.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

maybe Ed Davis for Roddy?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
In terms of Lakers players on contracts, he's undoubtedly right. I don't think anybody would dare call your friend an idiot. We don't need any of the players; they'd just be a means to make the trade work for the CBA.

If it had to happen, I'd want both of the Lakers 2 first rounders in 2012. That's the only value the Raps could get.
Well what was interesting was that he said Calderon would be a very good addition to a Team ready to contend that already had th other pieces, but that his defence could carry an average team. I agree with him. He's a vet ready to compete for the trophy, whether he could win onee...who knows.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,744
Representing:
Default

Jose would not make the Lakers contenders. Not by a long shot.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24