The All-in-one Landry Fields is terribly bad thread - Page 18
Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #341 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Hedo?
Hedo what? I'm not familiar with Raptors history prior to Kleiza's signing. Turkoglu seemed like a super class athlete few years ago in international tournaments. Dude's always relaxed
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #342 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 587
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalgiris View Post
Hedo what? I'm not familiar with Raptors history prior to Kleiza's signing. Turkoglu seemed like a super class athlete few years ago in international tournaments. Dude's always relaxed
colangelo over paid him in free agency and managed to ship him out (with the horrible 11 mill a year contract he has now)


colangelo saw that JO was a mistake and shipped him out.

he recognizes his mistakes fairly well with free agency and trades, he's reversed terrible ones before. its
Luckedout is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #343 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 119
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It's amazing how bad this fucker is
torontomen is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #344 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,385
Representing:
Default

Landry is a bum.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #345 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,386
Representing:
Default

I honestly believe Fields will be fine. There's something about newly signed free agents when they come to Toronto after inking a big deal (I'm talking 5 million per year on average and greater),they always seem to get off onto slow starts.

This happened with Turkoglu most recently when it took him until mid January in the infamous(post game interview with Jack) game vs the Knicks. Fields role is smaller so I'd expect him to pick it up alot sooner,but this just 4 games for a player who's new to the team and system.

Also people are forgetting he's has just 2 years of experience under his belt and encountering his third different coach and system within that same time span. He's still developing as a pro basketball player. At his best he was so good that the Knicks refused to part with him in the blockbuster trade with the Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony. Have a little patience,Casey and co. will find away for Fields to become more productive
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #346 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I honestly believe Fields will be fine. There's something about newly signed free agents when they come to Toronto after inking a big deal (I'm talking 5 million per year on average and greater),they always seem to get off onto slow starts.

This happened with Turkoglu most recently when it took him until mid January in the infamous(post game interview with Jack) game vs the Knicks. Fields role is smaller so I'd expect him to pick it up alot sooner,but this just 4 games for a player who's new to the team and system.

Also people are forgetting he's has just 2 years of experience under his belt and encountering his third different coach and system within that same time span. He's still developing as a pro basketball player. At his best he was so good that the Knicks refused to part with him in the blockbuster trade with the Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony. Have a little patience,Casey and co. will find away for Fields to become more productive
They lost that deal so I'm not sure I trust how they evaluated their players. They should have kept Chandler or Gallo if possible!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #347 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

hahahaha hilarious layup. But I think he'll come around, it's only been 4 games.

On NBA 2k13, I got drafted as a C by the Raps(I start because JV sucks in that game) and Fields even sucks in the game too. He has a decent rating, but he is constantly missing good looks and failing on D.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #348 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,386
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
They lost that deal so I'm not sure I trust how they evaluated their players. They should have kept Chandler or Gallo if possible!
I guess they figured since Chandler and Gallinari are both 3's,they wouldn't need them with Anthony occupying that spot. They lost that trade the minute they amnestied Billups(unless they get Paul this season or in the off season)
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #349 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,794
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I honestly believe Fields will be fine. There's something about newly signed free agents when they come to Toronto after inking a big deal (I'm talking 5 million per year on average and greater),they always seem to get off onto slow starts.

This happened with Turkoglu most recently when it took him until mid January in the infamous(post game interview with Jack) game vs the Knicks. Fields role is smaller so I'd expect him to pick it up alot sooner,but this just 4 games for a player who's new to the team and system.

Also people are forgetting he's has just 2 years of experience under his belt and encountering his third different coach and system within that same time span. He's still developing as a pro basketball player. At his best he was so good that the Knicks refused to part with him in the blockbuster trade with the Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony. Have a little patience,Casey and co. will find away for Fields to become more productive
This
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #350 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,994
Representing:
Default

Fields sucks. I think SJ at this point would be a better fit than Fields at SF. Maybe we should just start our Raptor mascot instead. Even Jack Armstrong would be better than 2.5 ppg on 20%. Fields sucks.

Bring back Michael Curry! Fields sucks.

PS Fields sucks.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #351 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,170
Representing:
Default

Let's face it guys, we all agree he sucks and are only giving him hope because of his personality. You'd think with a girl like that, he'd be one confident fucker.
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #352 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
You cant be a glue guy if you suck. Lets just stop using that term to describe Fields.

A guy like Collison is a glue guy because he does all the little things and is one of the best post and help defenders in the NBA. He's always there for his teammates when they make mistakes.

This may be the worst signing in Raptors history.
You've obviously blocked out the Hedo and Kapono years.

I don't blame you.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #353 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,386
Representing:
Default

Thriller and TO Rap,I thought it was already understood and established that Yogi Stewart was the worst signing in franchise history lol?!?!
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #354 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,994
Representing:
Default

At least Hedo and Kapono could make a shot and have an impact on the game.

Yes Hedos signing was worse, but if Fields keeps playing like hes that guy who shows up to the gym hoping to play even though hes never touched a basketball in his life, then Fields will surpass him
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #355 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,794
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
When he missed the lay up with nobody within 10'... I'm on board with any option.
Yeah, like we all haven't seen that happen to many a player, good ones too.

Regardless....it's been 4 games, I would like to see some more time given and we will since he can't be traded till Dec 15 so why not see if he can change it around. I do have to agree with an above poster, LF's game seems more suited to D'antoni's style but then, this is his 3rd year and 3 different systems and 3 different coaches. Yes an excuse (an oddly similar to a Bargs' defense) but a simple fact that that shit messes with your development. However, if a trade seems like the way to go on the 15th then why not send him to a former D'antoni team - like the Suns for Dudley straight up (who after 4 straight years of increasing his ppg and increasing his rpg seems like the odd player out with Beasley at SF and Brown nipping at his heels at SG). I think Dudley would make a nice fill in at SF - can at least hit a 3 - then move to back-up WHEN the Raps get a true SF. Also nice he can actually play both wing positions.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #356 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,820
Representing:
Default

Fields sucks, but i still don't hate him as much as i hate turkishglue
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #357 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
At least Hedo and Kapono could make a shot and have an impact on the game.

Yes Hedos signing was worse, but if Fields keeps playing like hes that guy who shows up to the gym hoping to play even though hes never touched a basketball in his life, then Fields will surpass him
Yeah.... they had an impact on what? Maybe 2 or 3 games all season long?

Hedo's contract (just in case you forgot) was 4 yrs @ $10M/yr. And he gave an honest effort in MAYBE half a dozen games for us. Out at the clubs in Yorkville smoking, drinking and partying all night long.

You are fawking high if you think that Fields is even in the same stratosphere as that bum when it comes to wasting Raps money.

This is Haffa all over again. People putting expecting the world from a player and then giving up on him after Game #3 because he doesn't light the world on fire.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #358 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,999
Representing:
Default

Fields is complete ass. If there is anyone defending him, just dont. He had one good year in an up and down Dantoni system. He sucked last year, and he sucks this year. Although it's only been 4 games there is no denying his suckage. He can't even make a lay-up ffs. Our big men have a better mid-range game, and he makes free throws at a pathetic rate.
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #359 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,503
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Yeah.... they had an impact on what? Maybe 2 or 3 games all season long?

Hedo's contract (just in case you forgot) was 4 yrs @ $10M/yr. And he gave an honest effort in MAYBE half a dozen games for us. Out at the clubs in Yorkville smoking, drinking and partying all night long.

You are fawking high if you think that Fields is even in the same stratosphere as that bum when it comes to wasting Raps money.

This is Haffa all over again. People putting expecting the world from a player and then giving up on him after Game #3 because he doesn't light the world on fire.
Just in case you forgot, Hedo's contract was actually 5 years at 10M per.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #360 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,688
Representing:
Default

Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24