The All-in-one Landry Fields is terribly bad thread - Page 11
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #201 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,632
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Because he was so bad, it shouldn't be that shocking!

He really struggled in the second half of his first year too. Again, there's room for growth, but it's tempered but some limitations and at this stage I see him as a young player that is likely to struggle with consistency... as most do.
The problem with the current situation is that he is being paid well and we are now very limited with a marginal 3. He will need to show the ability to shoot or we are screwed. Having a smart YMCA type player on the court will not enable us to get to the next level.
I hope he is working like shit around the clock to develop a decent shot and start showing he deserves to be on the court.
Anderson at this point is our best option at 3. After that we are screwed.
Kleiza can shoot but is too slow to play that position with any consistency. Ross may get there some day, but given his limited size, he will probably settle into being a 2 and play some 3 when he gets some size.

All this talk of trading Bargs for a 3 is really fucked up given we brought Fields in and paying him a starters salary. He either develops quickly into a decent 3, or BC may have created a hole he won't be able to get out of. A blockbuster trade would be needed ...
Carlito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #202 (permalink)
is full of beans

Senior Member
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 4,232
Representing:
Default

Come on reverse jinx
Beans is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #203 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
The problem with the current situation is that he is being paid well and we are now very limited with a marginal 3. He will need to show the ability to shoot or we are screwed. Having a smart YMCA type player on the court will not enable us to get to the next level.
I hope he is working like shit around the clock to develop a decent shot and start showing he deserves to be on the court.
Anderson at this point is our best option at 3. After that we are screwed.
Kleiza can shoot but is too slow to play that position with any consistency. Ross may get there some day, but given his limited size, he will probably settle into being a 2 and play some 3 when he gets some size.

All this talk of trading Bargs for a 3 is really fucked up given we brought Fields in and paying him a starters salary. He either develops quickly into a decent 3, or BC may have created a hole he won't be able to get out of. A blockbuster trade would be needed ...
The problem is there is no 3 on this team. Fields, DD and Ross are SGs. LKZ is a SF but he is in Casey's doghouse. McGuire will get very few minutes and will only play to defend a very good SF once in a while.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #204 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,632
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
The problem is there is no 3 on this team. Fields, DD and Ross are SGs. LKZ is a SF but he is in Casey's doghouse. McGuire will get very few minutes and will only play to defend a very good SF once in a while.
Fair enough but Fields is our starting 3...
Casey will need to give Kleiza a chance....
Carlito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #205 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Fair enough but Fields is our starting 3...
Casey will need to give Kleiza a chance....
Fields is naturally a SG.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #206 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

Fields is naturally a D-leaguer.
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #207 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,792
Representing:
Default

All I know is Landry better get his shit together like now.
I believe he can do but I'm not the one playing.
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #208 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

CALL THE PRESSES!

LANDRY FIELDS HIT A SHOT!
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #209 (permalink)
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Senior Member
 
The MVP of West Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,129
Representing:
Default

He really doesn't look any more talented than Alan Anderson right now
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #210 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Not sure why everyone's freaking out here... unless they expected Fields to be a 20 pt scorer?

He only took FOUR shots tonight and had 3 OFF rebs and 4 assts.

Could he be better? Yes... but again... not sure what people are expecting.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #211 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,238
Representing:
Default

2 games in.... Landry Turkeypoo?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #212 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,062
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
He really doesn't look any more talented than Alan Anderson right now
Try less talented.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #213 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Well we went from 0/9 in game 1 to 2/8 tonight.

Better wing production I guess..
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #214 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Well, better than that first game. There's a plus at least. Thankfully he wasn't facing a more offensively skilled SF.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #215 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,843
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Well, better than that first game. There's a plus at least. Thankfully he wasn't facing a more offensively skilled SF.
he was matched up against joe johnson, if you didnt see the starting ineups in the intro, so ya.
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #216 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
he was matched up against joe johnson, if you didnt see the starting ineups in the intro, so ya.
JJ and LF were both listed at SF (or both listed at SG?)? or DD guarded Crash and LF guarded JJ?
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #217 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

I'm going to keep adding his numbers to the OP game by game.

BC needs to be fired just for this signing. The guy may be worse than Michael Curry

Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #218 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,670
Representing:
Default

His defense is not bad
For what is worth, JJ is not tearing it up in scarce to either

If he starts shooting the 3, he'll be serviceable
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #219 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Yeah, but JJ isn't making 7 million dollars a year.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #220 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

How bad is it that DD is a better shooter than Fields?

edit: Fields is putting up 1ppg right now with a PER of 1.6. LOL Worst player in the NBA?

Last edited by FLO; 11-04-2012 at 12:27 PM.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24