The All-in-One Bargnani Hate Thread

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: To Trade or not to trade?
Trade him 22 25.88%
Keep him 38 44.71%
Tank and then further build around him 6 7.06%
Tank then trade him 19 22.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default The All-in-One Bargnani Hate Thread

Players like these should never be starting. They should be on the bench.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,995
Representing:
Default

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,330
Representing:
Default

I agree with this. He can't grab boards or even play good help defense. Barely scored today as well, however if he is hitting those shots things go alright for him. He just needs to be consistent, I don't think you can really teach a player consistentcy though xD
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 24
Representing:
Default

It's Triano's fault. Fire him! Fire Triano.

I think Sam Mitchell was good coach. He trained Bosh well. Too bad Bosh left!
goodjob24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
the anti BC lol

Senior Member
 
leftcoastbballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 526
Representing:
Default Colangelo .....time to wake up and get on the blackberry!

Its time to shake this thing up ........FIRE THE TEAM!


Undo your number one mistake you made in your career.......its time to let go of your pet project! Get Bargs out of here now! I've bashed him from day one on my time on this forum and my opinion of him is the same. We will never go anywhere with him on our team. He is the last of the don't give a rats ass players from last year.

Tanking won't matter if we keep almost every person on this team...we need talent and over half the roster wouldn't crack a rotation on a successful team.

Get rid of, in no particular order.........BARGS (ok he's in order) Jack. Jose, Amir, Evans, Anderson, Alabai, Banks.

Derozan and Weems can stay but I wouldnt really care if those guy went as well.

We need Extreme Makeover Raptors Edition!
leftcoastbballfan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,995
Representing:
Default

This place is hilarious. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
CBA
Ashes to Ashes

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 475
Representing:
Default

Bargs is a 6th man @ best/
CBA is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,510
Representing:
Default

I am going to bump all these "horseshit" threads about Andrea once he gets back on his game. Beware.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
raps are back!

Senior Member
 
ha123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Bargs is a 6th man @ best/
Agreed. But some people on this forum think he is a capable first second or third option. He has had 5 years to prove himself and besides his scoring he has barley progressed in anything else.

Bargs just needs to play with fire and he can be a good role player (scorer off the bench) on a good team.
ha123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I am going to bump all these "horseshit" threads about Andrea once he gets back on his game. Beware.
Ahhh, he'll then shit all over whatever he does right with a bunch of shit games.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
it is what it is.

Senior Member
 
mb666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,009
Representing:
Default

Once again, RF members have a one game memory span. A player plays poorly and we should A) bench him B) Trade him. Such a bipolar crowd.

I'm not a Bargnani fan, but he's a decent player. Today (against Washington) he was awful. He's still averaging 20 pts a game. That may be one dimensional, but sufficient for a starting position on Toronto.

I'm really not trying to defend Bargnani, but you just have to accept him for what he is... a scorer. Don't expect him to rebound and be a defensive presence. He will always be mediocre on defense. It is what it is.

Can't argue about a guy after one game. One night he will score 5 pts, another 35 pts. He's averaging 5 rbs a night and its inevitable that he will have 12 rbs one night. Argue averages not single games.
mb666 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I am going to bump all these "horseshit" threads about Andrea once he gets back on his game. Beware.
As long as you realize that scoring 20 pts and grabbing 4 rebs (while playing no defense and not hustling) doesn't constitute a good game.

There's never been any question as to whether or not Bargs can score.... it's all about what ELSE he can do to help his team win.

Dirk... Bosh... Amare.... Boozer.... none of these guys are known for their defense but at least they grabbed rebounds and battled down low.

Bargs just floats for 30+ minutes and looks to jack shots. The very definition of a chucker.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,083
Representing:
Default

I differ from many here in that I don't mind too much his lower rebounding numbers, so long as the team as a whole can compensate for that.

However, there is nothing to excuse his defense. He is brutal most of the time.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb666 View Post
Once again, RF members have a one game memory span. A player plays poorly and we should A) bench him B) Trade him. Such a bipolar crowd.

I'm not a Bargnani fan, but he's a decent player. Today (against Washington) he was awful. He's still averaging 20 pts a game. That may be one dimensional, but sufficient for a starting position on Toronto.

I'm really not trying to defend Bargnani, but you just have to accept him for what he is... a scorer. Don't expect him to rebound and be a defensive presence. He will always be mediocre on defense. It is what it is.

Can't argue about a guy after one game. One night he will score 5 pts, another 35 pts. He's averaging 5 rbs a night and its inevitable that he will have 12 rbs one night. Argue averages not single games.
1) What people are saying about Bargs isn't new.... some of us have been saying this for the better part of 4 years.

2) No one's saying that Bargs has no value in the league.... he clearly does if he can pour in 20 pts. He just isn't the right fit for THIS team.

As I said before.... on a team like Utah, Orlando or Phoenix or even on a team like Chicago... he could be a nice fit.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
it is what it is.

Senior Member
 
mb666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,009
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Ahhh, he'll then shit all over whatever he does right with a bunch of shit games.
The reality is that Bargnani has been the best Raptor thus far this season. For all the hype about Derozan, Weems and even Kleiza, Bargnani has been most consistent.

Don't allow one game to raise such a bias. I mean somneone started a thread on how Julian Wright should be starting... all after two decent games as a backup player.:facepalm:
mb666 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
x_kaptain_x
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastbballfan View Post
Its time to shake this thing up ........FIRE THE TEAM!


Undo your number one mistake you made in your career.......its time to let go of your pet project! Get Bargs out of here now! I've bashed him from day one on my time on this forum and my opinion of him is the same. We will never go anywhere with him on our team. He is the last of the don't give a rats ass players from last year.

Tanking won't matter if we keep almost every person on this team...we need talent and over half the roster wouldn't crack a rotation on a successful team.

Get rid of, in no particular order.........BARGS (ok he's in order) Jack. Jose, Amir, Evans, Anderson, Alabai, Banks.

Derozan and Weems can stay but I wouldnt really care if those guy went as well.

We need Extreme Makeover Raptors Edition!
Don't call for Bargnani's head, the guy can score. What the Raptors need is a true centre that can actually provide some help defense and have Bargnani coming off of the bench.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,995
Representing:
OK who's on the trade Bargnani train.....all aboard

So who else is tired of his inconsistent, lazy, heartless play after 5 years of ups and downs with this ass clown!!

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb666 View Post
The reality is that Bargnani has been the best Raptor thus far this season. For all the hype about Derozan, Weems and even Kleiza, Bargnani has been most consistent.

Don't allow one game to raise such a bias. I mean somneone started a thread on how Julian Wright should be starting... all after two decent games as a backup player.:facepalm:
I just spat my drink out all over my computer.

You're right though.. he HAS been consistent.... consistently HORRIBLE on defense and on the glass.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,429
Representing:
Default

I've had my bags packed and my ticket bought for 4 years now. lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
fist pumping.

Member
 
KollegeKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 168
Representing:
Default

maybe not trade him but bring in an actual go-to player. Bargs is more of a role player being thrusted into this position. if we trade him, who do we have to score pts? derozan as our leading scorer? thats even more jokes.
KollegeKid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24