The All-in-One Bargnani Hate Thread - Page 7

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: To Trade or not to trade?
Trade him 22 25.88%
Keep him 38 44.71%
Tank and then further build around him 6 7.06%
Tank then trade him 19 22.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #121 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 24
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Greg Oden? The guy who is getting microfracture again???
Man I feel sorry for this guy. I wouldn't be a bad investment for the Raps if he's healthy. But who knows when he'll be healthy.
goodjob24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Greg Oden? The guy who is getting microfracture again???
If he can stay healthy he's a beast on defence
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #123 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,501
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjob24 View Post
Man I feel sorry for this guy. I wouldn't be a bad investment for the Raps if he's healthy. But who knows when he'll be healthy.
Bringing him up in any shape or form is silly. Stick a fork in him, he's done.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #124 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

I don't hate you Bargnani. I just think you should turn down the suck.

Other than that, we're cool!
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #125 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Representing:
Default

As a Hedo fan, I m just glad that Hedo is not in this team anymore.

It was painful to watch Toronto Raptors' matches last year.. this team has no deffence.

softest team in the NBA.. trade andrea and jose calderon.. otherwise toronto will not see playoffs again.

get some American BASKETBALL players.. European basketball style is too soft for NBA..

Last edited by he do; 11-19-2010 at 07:50 AM.
he do is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #126 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,567
Representing:
Default

as a Raptors fan, i'm just glad hedo is not on this team anymore.

it was painful to watch toronto Raptors matches last year. hedo has no defense.

softest player in the nba. he needs to find a team that can carry him. otherwise hedo will not see the playoffs again.

get some basketball talent. hedo is too soft for the nba.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #127 (permalink)
far away

Senior Member
 
archie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Panama City
Posts: 981
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
as a Raptors fan, i'm just glad hedo is not on this team anymore.

it was painful to watch toronto Raptors matches last year. hedo has no defense.

softest player in the nba. he needs to find a team that can carry him. otherwise hedo will not see the playoffs again.

get some basketball talent. hedo is too soft for the nba.
smart quote hahaha
archie63 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #128 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by he do View Post
As a Hedo fan, I m just glad that Hedo is not in this team anymore.

It was painful to watch Toronto Raptors' matches last year.. this team has no deffence.

softest team in the NBA.. trade andrea and jose calderon.. otherwise toronto will not see playoffs again.

get some American BASKETBALL players.. European basketball style is too soft for NBA..
I'm glad that multiple accounts are a bannable offense and we'll never have to read your drivel ever again.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #129 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
I'm glad that multiple accounts are a bannable offense and we'll never have to read your drivel ever again.
It's too bad stupidity is not a bannable offense too. A Hedo fan that doesn't like European players? Nice.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #130 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
It's too bad stupidity is not a bannable offense too. A Hedo fan that doesn't like European players? Nice.
I'm now a Hedo fan... I love watching him go 0-8 from 3.... yeah coach

anyone else notice how bad the Suns are?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #131 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
anyone else notice how bad the Suns are?
Said the fan of a team that has 3 wins and 9 losses. The Suns are not the same team of the past, however they are still 6-6 by beating teams such as the Lakers, Denver, Utah, Atlanta, and Memphis. They will never be the same team because they lost their star player just like us. The only difference for them fighting for a playoff spot in the tough western conference and the Raptors fighting for the worst record in the NBA is their team is led by Steve Nash and the Raps led by the player this thread has been created for.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #132 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,896
Representing:
Default

Here whatI have to say about Bargs Its Obvious that he needs a real, tough C that can reboun and play defence, while he can play the PF and do all the scoring he wants. By play around the 3 line he spaces out the other teams PF, thus leaving the C in the pain to do all the grunt work

- Question, people want Bargs traded so badly.....but how many players in teh NBA average 20ppg and get paid 10 million or less (not including players still on rookie contracts)
- This guy is on a good contract considering how potent he is on the offensive end. Shit shoting 44%fg and 43%3pts this year is pretty impressive. Although is rebounding is a huge joke, and defense is average at best, not all players are "all stars" and not all playsers can score like this guy (especially big men). Bargs is a uniquic player that gets paid a very fair amount of money considering how potent he is on the scoring end..

To end, dont build around HIM so much as build him around the team. He is a good 2ed or 3ed option, so lets get those First and second options in Toronto so he can better complement this team.

BC really did do a good job in singing this guy to a very fair contract, lets not always focus on the guys sour points (rebounding, defense) and lets focus more on his positives - Scoring, 3pt shooting, mismatch hell that he causes....ect

Bargs for Mayor!.....well at least a council member
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #133 (permalink)
it is what it is.

Senior Member
 
mb666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,009
Representing:
Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I'm now a Hedo fan... I love watching him go 0-8 from 3.... yeah coach

anyone else notice how bad the Suns are?
The real disappointment this season is the LA Clippers. They are 1-12 and their roster is stacked.

They lost to the Indiana Pacers by 27 points last night.
mb666 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #134 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb666 View Post
The real disappointment this season is the LA Clippers. They are 1-12 and their roster is stacked.

They lost to the Indiana Pacers by 27 points last night.
:facepalm: just give us their players
that native american curse is real. dont move the franchise, just dismantle them
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #135 (permalink)
the anti BC lol

Senior Member
 
leftcoastbballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 526
Representing:
Default

OK one thing I am not sold on for an argument is that because Bargs averages 20 a game we should keep him. The only reason he is averaging 20 a game is because he is given ample shots on a roster full of guys who are not scorers. I am sure Barbosa and Kleiza, when healthy could more than take up the scoring Bargs provides. Also what is the difference if a guy puts up 20 a game when he allows the other teams countless points with his matador defense?

I have never liked Bargs.........most of that comes down to the fact that he is so disinterested and seems to lose focus as quick as I do at a strip club. Bargs HAS the ability to be a good player in the NBA.......if he took his man off the dribble and drove to the hoop more times than settling for long jumpers and If he even garnered a clue on help defensive schemes and how to rebound I would be less critical but lets face it he has been in the league long enough now where if he hasn't figured it out by now he never will.
leftcoastbballfan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #136 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,501
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastbballfan View Post
OK one thing I am not sold on for an argument is that because Bargs averages 20 a game we should keep him. The only reason he is averaging 20 a game is because he is given ample shots on a roster full of guys who are not scorers. I am sure Barbosa and Kleiza, when healthy could more than take up the scoring Bargs provides. Also what is the difference if a guy puts up 20 a game when he allows the other teams countless points with his matador defense?

I have never liked Bargs.........most of that comes down to the fact that he is so disinterested and seems to lose focus as quick as I do at a strip club. Bargs HAS the ability to be a good player in the NBA.......if he took his man off the dribble and drove to the hoop more times than settling for long jumpers and If he even garnered a clue on help defensive schemes and how to rebound I would be less critical but lets face it he has been in the league long enough now where if he hasn't figured it out by now he never will.
I agree, he's a high volume shooter averaging 20ppg on about 18 shots per game (at times 20+ shots). He's shooting 44 FG% which for a Center isn't great, not enough to make up for his other short comings. He can score 20-22ppgm but how many ppg is he costing us the other way, by bad help D, lack of rebounding leading to 2nd chance pts for the opposition, not boxing out. IMO he costs us at least 10pts against on many nights due to lack of effort alone.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #137 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,385
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
:facepalm: just give us their players
that native american curse is real. dont move the franchise, just dismantle them
I would kill for that roster
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #138 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

i like Bargnani, but it just kills me that he is being asked to play a role that's unsuited for him. Even when he posts up, it looks like a guard posting up. He'll back his man down a bit and then just go for a jump shot anyways. Not that it's a bad thing because he has a good jump shot. So for this complaint that he doesn't get normal numbers for a center, well it's because he's not a true center.

Whatever, in spite of this he is a pretty good player. Obviously he has lots of short comings, but i've come to like the guy.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #139 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,334
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i like Bargnani, but it just kills me that he is being asked to play a role that's unsuited for him. Even when he posts up, it looks like a guard posting up. He'll back his man down a bit and then just go for a jump shot anyways. Not that it's a bad thing because he has a good jump shot. So for this complaint that he doesn't get normal numbers for a center, well it's because he's not a true center.

Whatever, in spite of this he is a pretty good player. Obviously he has lots of short comings, but i've come to like the guy.
I disagree about the posting up, a face up jumper over a smaller defender is probably a better percentage shot than a hook or any other conceivable shot he would get following a post-up. Of course, ideally you would back up until under the basket, but few centers since shaq are actually able to do that today.

The problem is that Bargnani is not very strong, so he can't push effectively, but thanks to his superior height, he's able to shoot over the defender from close(r) range.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #140 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I disagree about the posting up, a face up jumper over a smaller defender is probably a better percentage shot than a hook or any other conceivable shot he would get following a post-up. Of course, ideally you would back up until under the basket, but few centers since shaq are actually able to do that today.

The problem is that Bargnani is not very strong, so he can't push effectively, but thanks to his superior height, he's able to shoot over the defender from close(r) range.
I'm not saying it as a bad thing. It's more a matter of fact that even when he tries to play like a tradtional big man, he does it like a guard.

I actually think Bargnani is pretty strong. He has bulked up a fair bit since being drafted, but it's just not his game to be a bruiser.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24