Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Alabi sent back to the D League (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/alabi-sent-back-d-league-18801.html)

Acie 01-06-2011 01:44 PM

Alabi sent back to the D League
 
Talk about akward.


Quote:

The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday they have re-assigned rookie centre Solomon Alabi to the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League. Alabi will continue to be included on the Raptors’ roster and will be placed on the team’s inactive list.

Alabi was with the BayHawks from November 15 – December 9. He appeared in seven games with Erie, averaging 8.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 22.7 minutes. He had 12 points and 11 rebounds in the Bayhawks’ 102-82 victory over the Utah Flash.

Alabi has appeared in five games with the Raptors, totaling five rebounds in 15 minutes.
LINK - Raptors.com

Someguy again 01-06-2011 01:53 PM

its the raptor's kadri

b55bgc 01-06-2011 03:02 PM

Could this be a sign of us getting another big on the roster?

things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Acie 01-06-2011 03:08 PM

I don't think so.

Alabi still takes up a roster spot and we need a 3rd PG more than another big.

finstock 01-06-2011 03:10 PM

Good move. Picking the game up at a late age, Alabi needs all the burn he can get. With his length, if he ever develops, he can be a useful back up center. If not, he goes quietly into the night like most late second round picks.

Chiggmo 01-06-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneironaught (Post 489197)
Good move. Picking the game up at a late age, Alabi needs all the burn he can get. With his length, if he ever develops, he can be a useful back up center. If not, he goes quietly into the night like most late second round picks.

Thats what I expect to happen more or less, I don't see him panning out to be anything of any value.

carp 01-06-2011 04:41 PM

I like Alabi... huge potential to be a serviceable, active big that could bang with anyone.... all teams need guys that fit this mold. Hope he tears it up! Too bad we can't send Weems too.

surreyjack 01-06-2011 04:46 PM

If he turns up to be anything like Deandre Jordan from the clippers I'll be happy. He was a late second round pick a couple years back, and he plays amazing. I seen him get at least 6 clean blocks the last 3 games, and last night against the Nuggets he had 20 rebounds! Blake had 18. Clippers will be amazing in a couple of years.

b55bgc 01-06-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 489196)
I don't think so.

Alabi still takes up a roster spot and we need a 3rd PG more than another big.

Have to disagree withyou there. We have two beaten up PGS. But they are true PG's.
We have no true centres. We have some Power Forwards in disguise though.

carp 01-06-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b55bgc (Post 489252)
Have to disagree withyou there. We have two beaten up PGS. But they are true PG's.
We have no true centres. We have some Power Forwards in disguise though.

AB has been fine at C... I'd think the team needs a PG to play some minutes at the moment.

jeffb 01-06-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someguy again (Post 489166)
its the raptor's kadri

You should get a job in Toronto sports media.

carp 01-06-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 489270)
You should get a job in Toronto sports media.

only former leafs get those.

Acie 01-06-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b55bgc (Post 489252)
Have to disagree withyou there. We have two beaten up PGS. But they are true PG's.
We have no true centres. We have some Power Forwards in disguise though.

In case you haven't notice they're taking turns playing games based on who's the least wounded on that day. If the time comes where neither of them can go for an extended period, we're screwed. Jose couldn't play against the Bulls and there's no way Bayless should've been out there. IMO a 3rd PG should be a priority and in fact, Triano has said he asked Colangelo to get one.

We've already been getting by with a big man rotation of AB, Amir, Davis and Dorsey.

jeffb 01-06-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 489272)
only former leafs get those.

Nahhh, alot of puckheads that never played in league in the media. Guys that can't talk about another sport without relating it to hockey. You should inquire. ;)


JK

carp 01-06-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 489276)
Nahhh, alot of puckheads that never played in league in the media. Guys that can't talk about another sport without relating it to hockey. You should inquire. ;)


JK

lol... I'm definitely not a puckhead... lol... wait, are there any guys named bargnani or barbosa on there?

js12 01-06-2011 09:13 PM

What a waste- we should have kept him in the D-League so he can pick up some playing time.

carp 01-06-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 489354)
What a waste- we should have kept him in the D-League so he can pick up some playing time.

you don't think it's good at all to give him at least a taste of what the NBA is about? I bet this short stint, playing and practicing, has helped him figure out what to work on more.

js12 01-06-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 489377)
you don't think it's good at all to give him at least a taste of what the NBA is about? I bet this short stint, playing and practicing, has helped him figure out what to work on more.

I think it would be more valuable for him to stay in the D-League. He barely got minutes in game. And also, in my opinion, D-League games would help him develop better than NBA practices; games are games and practices are practices.

carp 01-06-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 489380)
I think it would be more valuable for him to stay in the D-League. He barely got minutes in game. And also, in my opinion, D-League games would help him develop better than NBA practices; games are games and practices are practices.

But playing in a league where the talent is so marginal... it's like playing in college again, only less organized. The coaching probably isn't as good, the plays probably aren't run......

Ex2k 01-06-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 489383)
But playing in a league where the talent is so marginal... it's like playing in college again, only less organized. The coaching probably isn't as good, the plays probably aren't run......

Not to mention he gets to practice against NBA players when he was up here...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24