Al Thornton?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Al Thornton?

Quote:
Clippers Making Thornton Available

The Clippers are making young forward Al Thornton available, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Los Angeles is trying to package Thornton with guard Sebastian Telfair or center Marcus Camby.

A number of teams have inquired about DeAndre Jordan, but the Clippers don't appear willing to deal him.
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Clippers Making Thornton Available

Anyone else think that a Thornton+Camby for Jose+Wright+filler (Rasho?) would be a perfect deal? It works in the Trade Machine: NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Look at this lineup:

Jack/Banks/Belli
Thornton/DD/Belli
Hedo/Weems/Amir
Bosh/Amir/Evans
Bargs/Camby/POB

That is a very solid lineup, boys and girls. And if Camby doesn't work out, we could just let him walk and take the cap space.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,610
Representing:
Default

I don't really see the purpose of this trade...
you are losing more then you gain..

are Thorton and Camby going to benefit us as much as Calderon and wright do... I don't think so
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Also why would they want Jose if they have Baron?
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Also why would they want Jose if they have Baron?
I don't think Baron is working out in LA. They could trade him for a SF or something...
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,890
Representing:
Default

i think that if we dont get rid of jose we will pay for it in the playoffs...
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
kia4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 412
Representing:
Default

lets get baron davis if its not working out with the clippers. our toughness factor would increase over night. But seriously I say yes for thornton, no for camby
kia4ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia4ever View Post
lets get baron davis if its not working out with the clippers. our toughness factor would increase over night. But seriously I say yes for thornton, no for camby
Doesnt Baron have a horrible contract? Not to mention he's on the decline talent wise?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
kia4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 412
Representing:
Default

yea, I wasn't being serious about that one. He would also bump heads with alot of people. Thornton is a sick player though. Idk why clippers would want to get rid of him
kia4ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
confused why the raptors are so consistantly inconsistant

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 856
Representing:
Default

CAmby expires at the end of the year, no way he signs with us. This deal is bound to fail.
the_ raps_analyst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,799
Representing:
Default

Al Thornton at the two, no. Al Thornton period, no. He isn't what we need, he can't dribble the ball, doesn't want to defend and likes to chuck. The Clippers make out like highway robbers in that trade.
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
picking his nose and eating it.

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 62
Representing:
Default

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
how about this trade

their record improves to 35-17
legendzkillar is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
ballin

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 277
Representing:
Default

Quote:
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
how about this trade

their record improves to 35-17
that should be in the "trade proposals" thread
raptorsfan345 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
El Guapo

The Problem Solver
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,511
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Clippers Making Thornton Available

Anyone else think that a Thornton+Camby for Jose+Wright+filler (Rasho?) would be a perfect deal? It works in the Trade Machine: NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Look at this lineup:

Jack/Banks/Belli
Thornton/DD/Belli
Hedo/Weems/Amir
Bosh/Amir/Evans
Bargs/Camby/POB

That is a very solid lineup, boys and girls. And if Camby doesn't work out, we could just let him walk and take the cap space.
What :|

Al Thorton at the two? Dude is a 3 ... maybe even a 4.

No ...we do not need Al Thorton.
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,242
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
i think that if we dont get rid of jose we will pay for it in the playoffs...
Wow u must be kidding....Jose is our #1 pg and he will be getting heavy minutes in the playoffs. The reason Jose is not starting is because Jack sucks coming off the bench. Jose can be effective as a starter or off the bench. Jack is just a filler...hell every team he has played on goes like this ....Jack comes off the bench but gets the starter role because because he sucks coming off the bench. So after he starts the team gets rid of him....some say his team can't afford him. Hell if the team wants him they will pay him.

The question should be asked is how long will Jack last in Toronto ?
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
hopefully we use our draft pick this year, let's not miss out this years Rodney hood

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,093
Representing:
Default

I wish I never opened this page
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
I wish I never opened this page
Sorry for wasting your time.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,113
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Wow u must be kidding....Jose is our #1 pg and he will be getting heavy minutes in the playoffs. The reason Jose is not starting is because Jack sucks coming off the bench. Jose can be effective as a starter or off the bench. Jack is just a filler...hell every team he has played on goes like this ....Jack comes off the bench but gets the starter role because because he sucks coming off the bench. So after he starts the team gets rid of him....some say his team can't afford him. Hell if the team wants him they will pay him.

The question should be asked is how long will Jack last in Toronto ?
Now I understand why Jose stuggles on D.. The dick in his ass (yours) limits his lateral quicks...
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Now I understand why Jose stuggles on D.. The dick in his ass (yours) limits his lateral quicks...
LOL
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Now I understand why Jose stuggles on D.. The dick in his ass (yours) limits his lateral quicks...

Last edited by jeffb; 02-15-2010 at 05:46 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 15,083
Representing:
Default

Thornton sucks and Camby won't sign here.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24