Acquiring Donatas Motiejūnas? - Page 3
Old 11-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
I never even thought of it like that.

Good point.
You know that Kleiza has been on fire and healthy since leaving Toronto. I think we all could agree already that it was a bad move to let him go, but then again I would rather see him play in Euroleague top team and improve than sit on the bench.

Besides if Ujiri will want Kleiza, there's always next and next year, he's not that old yet and still has chance to reach his peek form.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
You know that Kleiza has been on fire and healthy since leaving Toronto. I think we all could agree already that it was a bad move to let him go, but then again I would rather see him play in Euroleague top team and improve than sit on the bench.

Besides if Ujiri will want Kleiza, there's always next and next year, he's not that old yet and still has chance to reach his peek form.
Kleiza had his chances but he just couldn't stay healthy. And when he was he was up & down. He always plays better in Europe, let him stay there.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
You know that Kleiza has been on fire and healthy since leaving Toronto. I think we all could agree already that it was a bad move to let him go, but then again I would rather see him play in Euroleague top team and improve than sit on the bench.

Besides if Ujiri will want Kleiza, there's always next and next year, he's not that old yet and still has chance to reach his peek form.
Kleiza sucked in the NBA. He was on some crap teams here and he still wasn't good enough to start.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Kleiza sucked in the NBA. He was on some crap teams here and he still wasn't good enough to start.
He was on two teams, Denver and Toronto. He wasn't healthy most of the time and he had a really serious injury to go trough. Yes, he will probably never reach his full potential as he got th injury when he had to start to play his best basketball, unlucky him, unlucky Toronto, but he was healthy during his last year for the half an year, he was saying that to media, Casey and BC just didn't wanted to give him minutes after we got Rudy.

He's one of the top players in Euroleague now, his team is 3/0, burying teams like CSKA by +20 points. And if he stays healthy and upkeeps his form as it is right now I can ensure you that he will have offers from NBA from starting position roles to role player on contending teams. As an Euroleague fan ( if you ever watched a game or heard about it) I can even name the teams for you that would fit his game style. If he would be that bad as you portray him would he play for maybe best Euroleague team this season( top 4 for sure). Z.Obradovic is the best coach as well and he wanted him, who is 1000000000x times better than Casey. So next time before opening your mouth get your facts straight, because I'm pretty sure you have no idea in what team or were or how he is playing, you just say your opinion based on what happened in Toronto.

P.S He wasn't bad in Denver under Karl and then he went for a season to Europe were he had a great season with Olimpiacos. Then he joined Raptors. Good thing he left, because he would still be burried on the bench.

Last edited by zxcvbn193; 11-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
He was on two teams, Denver and Toronto. He wasn't healthy most of the time and he had a really serious injury to go trough. Yes, he will probably never reach his full potential as he got th injury when he had to start to play his best basketball, unlucky him, unlucky Toronto, but he was healthy during his last year for the half an year, he was saying that to media, Casey and BC just didn't wanted to give him minutes after we got Rudy.

He's one of the top players in Euroleague now, his team is 3/0, burying teams like CSKA by +20 points. And if he stays healthy and upkeeps his form as it is right now I can ensure you that he will have offers from NBA from starting position roles to role player on contending teams. As an Euroleague fan ( if you ever watched a game or heard about it) I can even name the teams for you that would fit his game style. If he would be that bad as you portray him would he play for maybe best Euroleague team this season( top 4 for sure). Z.Obradovic is the best coach as well and he wanted him, who is 1000000000x times better than Casey. So next time before opening your mouth get your facts straight, because I'm pretty sure you have no idea in what team or were or how he is playing, you just say your opinion based on what happened in Toronto.
I'll take Rudy over Kleiza, thanks. Kleiza is far better suited to play in Europe, good luck to him.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Kleiza had his chances but he just couldn't stay healthy. And when he was he was up & down. He always plays better in Europe, let him stay there.
I agree, but you know that feeling of getting a chance to win NBA for once in your life, especially when you're in you're 30's and you get some minutes (15), I could see that happening if he keeps up the good work.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I'll take Rudy over Kleiza, thanks. Kleiza is far better suited to play in Europe, good luck to him.
And I beleive Kleiza would pick SA, MIA, HOU etc. over Toronto
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
And I beleive Kleiza would pick SA, MIA, HOU etc. over Toronto
Pick? You make that sound like those teams are courting him.

And all teams that don't need him........nice.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,664
Representing:
Default

Do the top players in Euroleague regularly not start for their team, nor lead the team in scoring? Just curious?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Do the top players in Euroleague regularly not start for their team, nor lead the team in scoring? Just curious?
I'm watching a game now where his team is playing Weems team. He didn't start. Weems did though. lol
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #51 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

JV himself said it, the level of play in the NBA is much higher than euro league. NBA scrubs go to Europe and destroy the competition, like the aforementioned Sonny Weems. Kleiza was not good enough to play here and if he was, he'd still be in the NBA.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
JV himself said it, the level of play in the NBA is much higher than euro league. NBA scrubs go to Europe and destroy the competition, like the aforementioned Sonny Weems. Kleiza was not good enough to play here and if he was, he'd still be in the NBA.
yup, anyone who wants just come over here and wins Euroleague title for his teams. You have to blind if you don't see the level of basketball is becoming more and more similar. Many teams in Europe that used to be cannon meat like Ukraine, Macedonia and so on becomes better and better, same with Canada. NBA's advantage is 30 teams!!! Europe has more than that. From all Euroleague teams put players into 30 teams and they will give a challenge.

and with the Higher level statement, some people are calling NBA a circus run and dunk and if your fellow NBA are so good coming over, please name a few that dominated Euroleague in the last 10 years and don't give me that Sonny Weems Shit, in CSKA he is crap just like the whole CSKA, because as I see the ppl are in the same boat Europeans going to NBA has to adopt to physical game, American's going to Europe has to adopt to slower pace and higher basketball iq game. So please list some.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Do the top players in Euroleague regularly not start for their team, nor lead the team in scoring? Just curious?
Who cares if you start or not if you end up scoring most points and having the biggest +- in the whole game, especially when you get +18 in 24 minutes of play with a better than 50 shot. In Europe it is accepted to rotate starting line up's, because games are being taken more seriously, there is no such thing as an 82 game season. 12 games u advance or not, another 8 games u advance or not and so on. I really hate making statement when the season just started, but as of now Kleiza shushed all the critics who said he cannot do a shit anymore.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #54 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Pick? You make that sound like those teams are courting him.

And all teams that don't need him........nice.
No all I'm saying if there would be a chance to come back to NBA for him he wouldn't waste on a team that is doomed like Raptors, Wizards, Bobcats. Neither he would be looking to prove something as he is counted as a good player in Europe, the only thing he might wanna do is have a chance to win an NBA title, especially if he and his team does that this season and go all the way, why not?
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #55 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
No all I'm saying if there would be a chance to come back to NBA for him he wouldn't waste on a team that is doomed like Raptors, Wizards, Bobcats. Neither he would be looking to prove something as he is counted as a good player in Europe, the only thing he might wanna do is have a chance to win an NBA title, especially if he and his team does that this season and go all the way, why not?
He was amnestied. Any, ANY, team in the NBA could have had him on their roster for the league MINIMUM! Don't recall hearing a peep out of even Charlotte, or Phoenix, or New Orleans or Philly. And you think that SA, MIA or HOU would have interest. Got give you credit for having a sense of humour.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #56 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,402
Representing:
Default

kleiza could only be a 3pt specialist right now, and he' s not that good of a shooter. Defensively, he can't guard his shadow anymore, he was never that good to being with, but after the injury he can only be used a backup 4 to stretch the floor. I'm sure lots of teams would be interested if he would be willing to play for the minimum, but he's making a lot more in europe so I don't see it.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #57 (permalink)
watching JV dunk!

Junior Member
 
GolD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 26
Representing:
Rockets

D-Mo finally got his small chance to show what he can on court. He played only 16 minutes, but scored 12 points (2pt: 4/5, 3pt: 1/1, ft: 1/2), grabbed 3 rebounds, made one steal, one assist and blocked one shot. The only problem was his 5 fouls, but lets keep in mind that it was his first game this season where he played solid amount of time and that he wished to show-off after disappointing season start. Plus his opponent was solid defender Mozgov. His yesterday's episodes (just look at that sweet The Dream spin move!):
Still Austin Daye = D-Mo...? The sad thing is that D-Mo got this chance just because Greg Smith was injured and Asik is on trade strike. Dumb McHale will forget about D-Mo again as soon as Smith will return.

Last edited by GolD; 11-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.
GolD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolD View Post
D-Mo finally got his small chance to show what he can on court. He played only 16 minutes, but scored 12 points (2pt: 4/5, 3pt: 1/1, ft: 1/2), grabbed 3 rebounds, made one steal, one assist and blocked one shot. The only problem was his 5 fouls, but lets keep in mind that it was his first game this season where he played solid amount of time and that he wished to show-off after disappointing season start. Plus his opponent was solid defender Mozgov. His yesterday's episodes (just look at that sweet The Dream spin move!):
Donatas Motiejunas 12 Points Full Highlights (11/16/2013) - YouTube
Still Austin Daye = D-Mo...? The sad thing is that D-Mo got this chance just because Greg Smith was injured and Asik is on trade strike. Dumb McHale will forget about D-Mo again as soon as Smith will return.
And we've already forgotten about D-NO. No more Daye. Now you can have Julyan Stone.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #59 (permalink)
counting sheeps

Member
 
Tomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 321
Representing:
Default

I had hard time reading this topic. As a lithuanian I wish best of luck to all our players, but level of homer-ism in this topic is annoying. Why even bring Kleiza into this? ^_^
Tip to GolD: if you like D-Mo, you'd have better time rooting for Rockets instead of wishing to land him in Toronto. It pains that I have to watch Raptor games to see JV play, shitty coach, triggerhappy wings and doomed franchise in many other aspects.

As for level of Euroleague, I recommend watching games of Mardrid Real. They got sick team this year, that I'm sure would demolish most of NBA teams besides the few top ones.
Tomas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #60 (permalink)
watching JV dunk!

Junior Member
 
GolD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 26
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
I had hard time reading this topic. As a lithuanian I wish best of luck to all our players, but level of homer-ism in this topic is annoying. Why even bring Kleiza into this? ^_^
Tip to GolD: if you like D-Mo, you'd have better time rooting for Rockets instead of wishing to land him in Toronto. It pains that I have to watch Raptor games to see JV play, shitty coach, triggerhappy wings and doomed franchise in many other aspects.

As for level of Euroleague, I recommend watching games of Mardrid Real. They got sick team this year, that I'm sure would demolish most of NBA teams besides the few top ones.
Maybe you're right. Bringing him into this tank nation and letting attack the basket only 4-5 times every game, along with JV, would be too painful to watch. I hope these two will form Twin Towers II in other NBA team someday. After all, every single Raptors franchise player left the team and had much more successful career parts in other teams, so you never know what is going to happen.
GolD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24