AB talking about injuries, Casey, Mitchell and the future
Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Representing:
Default AB talking about injuries, Casey, Mitchell and the future

Hey guys, what's up?
I'm a new member and I decided to register myself after reading this forum for a long time.
Why I decided to do it right now? Because I found on internet a nice interview with Bargnani in italian, so I decided to post it on this board.
The interview is long so I divided it in two parts. I translated it by myself, surely there are some mistakes because my english is not so good.
Here there is part 1. When I'll finish part 2, I'll post it. Enjoy the reading!


As it happens three years from now, Andrea Bargnani spent a segment of his summer in Jesolo playing and having fun with kids of his camp, the "Wizard Summer Academy". In this edition there were also DeMar DeRozan, his teammate in Toronto and two of his old friends Matteo Soragna and Riccardo Pittis, the one who gave to Andrea the nickname “the magician” in the past. With Bargnani, we get back to the NBA season just ended, a year particularly strange, in some ways beautiful, others definitely not: in a word, however, unforgettable.
…..
Question: What about your first part of the summer, when the NBA season was over?
AB: All right. After the end of the season I was in Toronto for a while, then I went on holyday and the first days of June I came back to Italy.

Q: And what about your physical shape? Did you reabsorbed injuries of the last season?
AB: I'm fine now but I'll have another summer of work, because in recent months I lost weight, I lost so much strength. Besides working to regain my physical shape, I've to do a lot of things like working on shots, the speed of feet, on dribbling, passing, on the movements in the low post and in general on my whole game because when I'll return to Toronto I wanna be ready. The next season will be very important and I wanna try to play 82 games.

Q: Yeah, the past season ... You played some extraordinary games, most of them as the MVP for the Raptors, but you got injured twice, missed 35 games of 66 in wich your team suffered greatly your absence. How do you rate the past year? Considering that the season oscillated between the disaster and the exciting, is not easy to judge it
AB: In fact, on the one side it was beautiful because I played like I did and I almost dominated certain games as I had never ever done before in the NBA. But it is also true that I had a bad injury when I was at the climax of the best shape. I stopped twice for a total of two months and I played less than half of the matches programmed.

Q: The calf was the problem, right?
AB: Fortunately I am one who takes things philosophically because otherwise I would have smashed my head against a wall! The first time, I hurted myself during the fourth quarter of a back to back. It was something annoying and rather long. The second time, happened in another back to back, it was really painful to the point that I made several days with the crutches and I was unable to stand on my feet. So I was stopped two months and this has affected the destinies of the team and of course my physical condition

Q: You finished your sixth NBA season. Looking at the past, how would you judge these six years as a player in the most beautiful and difficult league of the world?
AB: Apart from the second year that was the most difficult because coach Sam Mitchell had no confidence in me and I did not play as much as I should, the other five were always characterized by a growth, by increasing confidence, awareness and consciousness of the reality where I was and that I could play in the league. So, aside from the fact that I played only twice in the playoffs, after six years my judgement can only be positive.

Q: You are the best player for the Raptors but the team continue to struggle and not to qualify for the playoffs. Are you tired of this situation? Would not you prefer to go playing in a better team to win the title, maybe being involved in some trade?
AB: No I'm not. Right now this is certainly not my goal. I love Toronto and this city has become, along with Rome, my house. I have a great relationship with the fans, with the management, with my teammates, with the coach so my goal is to play well and fight for the Raptors, helping them to become a winning team. And I think we are on track and the next season will be crucial.

Q: Why do you say this?
AB: Because I believe in coach Dwane Casey and with the absence of injuries that affected us this season, with the pick of the upcoming Draft, we could improve a lot and we could aim at playoffs. I have great confidence in our team, but now I don't know how our roster will be at the start of the season.

WORLDBASKET.COM - WorldBasket intervista Andrea Bargnani, parte 1/2
Bargnanciunas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
only wearing black until something darker comes along

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,801
Representing:
Default

Thanks for this.

Good read! Hopefully Bargs can continue his growth like he says he has and improved every year. If we get a better Bargnani than we had last year, and he can stay healthy it will be an incredible year for him and the Raptors.

Thanks again and welcome to the board, Bargnanciunas!
DSWC is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kill Casey

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,761
Representing:
Default

Saying all the right things. Made a good point that our roster could be changed a lot

No question about rebounding?
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Saying all the right things. Made a good point that our roster could be changed a lot

No question about rebounding?
No questions about rebounding... In the next part AB will talk about coach Casey, the lockout, the italian team and the better consideration that he has inside the NBA
Bargnanciunas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
from Italy

Senior Member
 
shenmui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pescara, Italy
Posts: 522
Representing:
Default

http://web.worldbasket.com/news/it/7...ani--parte-2-2

The second part. He says he's happy to see his future in Toronto, he has a good charm with Casey. He's also asked if is frustrating being in a team where he made just twice playoffs in 6 years and he answers he's frustrated if the lose too much or whether they play bad, he is not frustrated because he plays for Raptors. Also, he'd be disappointed if he wouldn't see a plan to make the team grow, but it's not Raptors' situation.


Another nice question is about the consideration he has from players or refs. He replies refs call something more after a few years, but above all he says "it's satisfying when you've tha ball and two players are on you, beacause you understand they kinda fear you".

Interview ends with:
What do you wish for Raptors about draft and the free-agency? The answer is he really doesn't know, though he's sure Colangelo and the others will take the best decision, even if there's the possibility they'll trade the pick for another player.


About this last answer, my opinion is he doesn't believe too much in Colangelo & friends. And I personally agree with his feeling.




ps: di dove sei?
shenmui is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmui View Post
ps: di dove sei?
provincia di Cremona. Sono tialaz di italianbasket, se sei iscritto. Ma sono per lo più un lettore, non partecipo attivamente
Bargnanciunas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Sam Mitchell was a wise man!
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,304
Representing:
Default

Great stuff, he is looking more like a leader season by season
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
coach Sam Mitchell had no confidence in me and I did not play as much as I should,
what a crock
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,726
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
what a crock
yep...it was a crock what Sam did. He's a lot like Brown, destroying rookies confidence all over the NBA.:cookie:
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 621
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Sam Mitchell was a wise man!
Yeah, instead of listening to the coach then, he whines about him now.

"..dominated games.." ?! I remember Bogut DOMINATING Bargnani for six possessions in a row. That's domination.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
yep...it was a crock what Sam did. He's a lot like Brown, destroying rookies confidence all over the NBA.:cookie:
BS, his minutes were fine under Mitchell.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,726
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
BS, his minutes were fine under Mitchell.
I call BS on your BS:cookie:
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I call BS on your BS:cookie:
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,506
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
what a crock
really?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,022
Representing:
Default

Cant wait to see Bargs playing fully healthy
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24