In 3 years.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,478
Representing:
Default In 3 years.

The question about expectations for Jo Val this coming season got me thinking....

Obviously the Raps are in more of a process rebuild than an instant rebuild.
Even more young guys now that need to learn.

Obviously some guys will end up being moved from the core, replaced by more suitable pieces.

The question is, what numbers do you expect to see from core guys in 3 years to say, yeah, they're achieving their potential.

For me:

JV 15/2/10 (2 blocks)
Bargs 20/2/8 (and consistency)
Demar 19/4/4 (and strong defense)
Lowry 17/8/5 (and Kevin Garnett leadership)
Ross 17/4/5 (and stifling defense)
Davis 10/1/10 (1.5 blocks)
Fields 12/2/6 (all-around smart play)

Last edited by LX; 07-20-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

JV - 16ppg/10.8rpg/1.7bpg
Bargs 18.8ppg/5.8rpg/0.9bpg
Demar 15ppg/4rpg/2apg
Lowry 17ppg/7.1apg/5rpg
Ross 11.6ppg/4rpg/2apg
Davis 9.8ppg/7rpg/1.4bpg
Fields 11ppg/5rpg
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

does it make it more legit when there's a decimal lol

numbers are pretty high. i don't think we'll ever average 100 points per game under casey, let alone 110

45 - 37 are my stats. what!
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
does it make it more legit when there's a decimal lol
yes
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,478
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
does it make it more legit when there's a decimal lol

numbers are pretty high. i don't think we'll ever average 100 points per game under casey, let alone 110

45 - 37 are my stats. what!
It's not the sum of all these stats. Some of them will be gone, some of them won't be starting, but if they are here and getting good minutes, what do you expect to see from a production standpoint.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
JV - 16ppg/10.8rpg/1.7bpg
Bargs 18.8ppg/5.8rpg/0.9bpg
Demar 15ppg/4rpg/2apg
Lowry 17ppg/7.1apg/5rpg
Ross 11.6ppg/4rpg/2apg
Davis 9.8ppg/7rpg/1.4bpg
Fields 11ppg/5rpg
your bargs, demar hate is unbelievable. you're davis foresight is very very wierd considering you support him, he averaged better in his rookie year no??

ross will, in 3 years, at least be getting 15 ppg, if not 17,18. fields had better numbers his rookie year, again, really?
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,056
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
The question about expectations for Jo Val this coming season got me thinking....

Obviously the Raps are in more of a process rebuild than an instant rebuild.
Even more young guys now that need to learn.

Obviously some guys will end up being moved from the core, replaced by more suitable pieces.

The question is, what numbers do you expect to see from core guys in [u]3 years[/U] to say, yeah, they're achieving their potential.

For me:

JV 15/2/10 (2 blocks)
Bargs 20/2/8 (and consistency)
Demar 19/4/4 (and strong defense)
Lowry 17/8/5 (and Kevin Garnett leadership)
Ross 17/4/5 (and stifling defense)
Davis 10/1/10 (1.5 blocks)
Fields 12/2/6 (all-around smart play)
Couple of things I disagree with:


Bargs I don't think will ever average 8 rebounds

Doubtful DeMar will have strong defense, but possible (I actually see Ross being much better)

No one can ever match KG's leadership lol

And if Davis will average a double-double it won't be here coming off the bench for Bargs and Jonas
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
your bargs, demar hate is unbelievable. you're davis foresight is very very wierd considering you support him, he averaged better in his rookie year no??

ross will, in 3 years, at least be getting 15 ppg, if not 17,18. fields had better numbers his rookie year, again, really?
Hate? HA, that's just funny since i don't hate either. Bargnani averaging 19/6 with better offense around him is just terrible isn't it?

So sensitive.

If you expect Lowry and Valanciunas to score with any significance some others numbers will suffer. Demar gets a lot of touches right now, that's now likely to change, so since he can't shoot 3's you expect him to score 20ppg? You expect Bargnani to also continue getting as many shots? In 3yrs if Lowry and Valanciunas are both still here they'll be pretty prominent in our offence and who knows who our SF will be because in 3yrs Fields contract will be coming off the books.


And Ross shot 39 FG% in summer league. Let's wait before we declare he'll be a 15-18 ppg scorer shall we.

If in 3yrs we have Lowry, Derozan, Bargnani, Valanciunas + SF (semi star?) do you think Derozan scores 18-20ppg? Need to be realistic dude, seriously. We're not going to have 4 20ppg scorers.

Last edited by jeffb; 07-19-2012 at 11:30 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,478
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Couple of things I disagree with:


Bargs I don't think will ever average 8 rebounds

Doubtful DeMar will have strong defense, but possible (I actually see Ross being much better)

No one can ever match KG's leadership lol

And if Davis will average a double-double it won't be here coming off the bench for Bargs and Jonas
O.K. Bargs could grow a pair and aevrage 2 rebounds a quarter....in my dreams.

Demar might become a stronger defender if he realizes there is another guy who might eat into his minutes.

K.G. is a grizzly bear. K.G. type leadership is a pitbull....Lowry.

And let's not forget that if the team is stagnant almost 3 years from now, it is not beyond the realm of possibility for Bargs to be dealt for a ridiculous ball handling wing while a bigger, stronger Davis starts alongside JV.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Hate? HA, that's just funny since i don't hate either. Bargnani averaging 19/6 with better offense around him is just terrible isn't it?

So sensitive.

If you expect Lowry and Valanciunas to score with any significance some others numbers will suffer. Demar gets a lot of touches right now, that's now likely to change, so since he can't shoot 3's you expect him to score 20ppg? You expect Bargnani to also continue getting as many shots? In 3yrs if Lowry and Valanciunas are both still here they'll be pretty prominent in our offence and who knows who our SF will be because in 3yrs Fields contract will be coming off the books.


And Ross shot 39 FG% in summer league. Let's wait before we declare he'll be a 15-18 ppg scorer shall we.

If in 3yrs we have Lowry, Derozan, Bargnani, Valanciunas + SF (semi star?) do you think Derozan scores 18-20ppg? Need to be realistic dude, seriously. We're not going to have 4 20ppg scorers.
If the offence will mainly run through bargnani, as it did with bosh, with bargnani's evolution I can easily see him averaging Bosh like numbers, save the rebounds, in 3 years. Bosh was playing with talented players, and yet still averaged 23 ppg, would would you say is more talented, ON THE OFFENSIVE END?

I expect either ross or DD to be a 20 ppg scorer, and since ross isn't proven that he can, well neither is DD but he's much more proven, I can see DD being the one given second offensive option in which case, with three years of training, experience, and ref respect, I can see averaging 20 ppg.

since ross is a 3 point shooter, his points will come off less shots, so say he takes 10 shots a game, and makes 5 of them, I can see him averaging 15/game.

there you have it.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
If the offence will mainly run through bargnani, as it did with bosh, with bargnani's evolution I can easily see him averaging Bosh like numbers, save the rebounds, in 3 years. Bosh was playing with talented players, and yet still averaged 23 ppg, would would you say is more talented, ON THE OFFENSIVE END?
So you expect Bargnani to score more with Lowry here who is a PG that can score with significance and with Valanciunas who is expected to be our best scoring Center in franchise history (possibly) of course excluding Bargnani who was playing out of position.

Not to mention the fact that we're just starting to aquire enough talent to compete for a playoff spot, do you not think in the next couple years we won't aquire further talent? If so, do you honestly think that Bargnani will be getting the amount of shots he's been getting the last 2 seasons with our 2nd best scorer being a 21-22yr old SG who can't shoot 3's and is 10-15lbs too light?

If Andrea Bargnani in 3yrs is averaging 23-24ppg this team is fucked.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
So you expect Bargnani to score more with Lowry here who is a PG that can score with significance and with Valanciunas who is expected to be our best scoring Center in franchise history (possibly) of course excluding Bargnani who was playing out of position.

Not to mention the fact that we're just starting to aquire enough talent to compete for a playoff spot, do you not think in the next couple years we won't aquire further talent? If so, do you honestly think that Bargnani will be getting the amount of shots he's been getting the last 2 seasons with our 2nd best scorer being a 21-22yr old SG who can't shoot 3's and is 10-15lbs too light?

If Andrea Bargnani in 3yrs is averaging 23-24ppg this team is fucked.
so you're seriously telling me, in 3 years, we will for sure be better than a 47+ win team, a team on which Bosh scored 23 or so ppg? comeon now..

Also, given DD's improvement every summer, you really can't see him adding 10-15 pounds and improving his range and handles and D in 3 whole years? christ, the kid's been in the league for just that time, and he's significantly improved, and if you say otherwise, you really are delusional.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
so you're seriously telling me, in 3 years, we will for sure be better than a 47+ win team, a team on which Bosh scored 23 or so ppg? comeon now..

Also, given DD's improvement every summer, you really can't see him adding 10-15 pounds and improving his range and handles and D in 3 whole years? christ, the kid's been in the league for just that time, and he's significantly improved, and if you say otherwise, you really are delusional.
Who the hell knows what this roster will be in 3yrs let alone how many wins we'll have, but if we are Bargnani won't be averaging 23-24ppg imo. Because it'll mean we'll have more balance. And considering you're assuming so much about Ross and he hasn't played a single NBA game yet you're really reaching here. And yes Derozan could put on the weight but what does that have to do with anything? When did i say he couldn't or wasnt't going to?

Besides, there's probably a very chance that one of Bargnani or Derozan isn't even on this team in 3yrs. Maybe even both of them.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
The question about expectations for Jo Val this coming season got me thinking....

Obviously the Raps are in more of a process rebuild than an instant rebuild.
Even more young guys now that need to learn.

Obviously some guys will end up being moved from the core, replaced by more suitable pieces.

The question is, what numbers do you expect to see from core guys in [u]3 years[/U] to say, yeah, they're achieving their potential.

For me:

JV 15/2/10 (2 blocks)
Bargs 20/2/8 (and consistency)
Demar 19/4/4 (and strong defense)
Lowry 17/8/5 (and Kevin Garnett leadership)
Ross 17/4/5 (and stifling defense)
Davis 10/1/10 (1.5 blocks)
Fields 12/2/6 (all-around smart play)
so...averaging 110 a game, with just those guys....no bench scoring huh?? What a stud team!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
so...averaging 110 a game, with just those guys....no bench scoring huh?? What a stud team!
Yeah, and Ross averaging more ppg than Valanciunas.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Evs.

Bargs is gonna drop 26 a game this year
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Evs.

Bargs is gonna drop 26 a game this year
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

evs
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,478
Representing:
Default

It's not the sum of all these stats. Some of them will be gone, some of them won't be starting, but if they are here and getting good minutes, what do you expect to see from a production standpoint
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
It's not the sum of all these stats. Some of them will be gone, some of them won't be starting, but if they are here and getting good minutes, what do you expect to see from a production standpoint
So it isn`t a sum...er...is it a fraction…

So they will score more…
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24