2010; FA's, Bosh & Toronto Basketball
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 53
Representing:
Default 2010; FA's, Bosh & Toronto Basketball

Pretty much all the big names will become FA's in 2010. Should we clear cap room by trading talent for cap space and getting nothing of value in return (expirings)?

Thats the approach most of the bad teams or sub-par teams will take before the trade deadline.

Even if we do clear cap room, would all-star caliber players want to come to Toronto? I don't believe any all-star would want to come to toronto just because Bosh is here. Not like he can can handle double/triple teams consistently.
ODee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
KABOOOOOOOSHHHH

straight out of COMPTON
 
CB4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,284
Representing:
Default

ur underestimating Bosh first of all, and heres what i would do...talk to new orleans and we can give them jose + Bargnani + obryant/pops for chris paul. then we go to detroit and give them rasho + banks for ben wallace and presto.

wallace/amir/rasho
bosh/reggie/pops
hedo/wright
derozan/bellineli/weems
cp3/jack
CB4Real is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

pretty much all big names huh?

expiring contracts won't be easy to come by this year. A lot of teams already have gathered a lot and wanna keep them. Besides, the biggest contract of the Raptors is the one of Bosh. Raptors want to extend him. And he won't extend if the Raptors have a bad season. So if you trade Hedo, Jose and/or Bargs for space and inferior talent, Bosh is more likely to walk.

CB4Real, that's totally unrealistic, getting Chris Paul.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 53
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
pretty much all big names huh?

expiring contracts won't be easy to come by this year. A lot of teams already have gathered a lot and wanna keep them. Besides, the biggest contract of the Raptors is the one of Bosh. Raptors want to extend him. And he won't extend if the Raptors have a bad season. So if you trade Hedo, Jose and/or Bargs for space and inferior talent, Bosh is more likely to walk.

CB4Real, that's totally unrealistic, getting Chris Paul.
If I was bosh, and I knew that Bargs and hedo were gonna be my go-to guys for the NEXT 5 YEARS, I would leave. Seriously, BC is so retarded, giving bargs/hedo so much money.

This is the scenario I was thinking about:

raps trade: 3 players besides bosh, all of whom have long contracts
raps receive: x players depending on talent level, players must be expiring, aka contracts terminated for 2010 season.

Come 2010, raps have cap room for wade/bron and other big names. But I doubt anyone good would want to come to toronto lol.

Yea cb4real that won't happen. Instead we should get chandler and cp3, regardless of having bosh. Those two essentially ran the hornets.

Last edited by ODee; 12-22-2009 at 04:57 AM.
ODee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODee View Post
If I was bosh, and I knew that Bargs and hedo were gonna be my go-to guys for the NEXT 5 YEARS, I would leave. Seriously, BC is so retarded, giving bargs/hedo so much money.

This is the scenario I was thinking about:

raps trade: 3 players besides bosh, all of whom have long contracts
raps receive: x players depending on talent level, players must be expiring, aka contracts terminated for 2010 season.

Come 2010, raps have cap room for wade/bron and other big names. But I doubt anyone good would want to come to toronto lol.
Well, Bosh would be the go to guy, that's a big part of it. He wants to be the star of a team or play 2nd fiddle but for a better team. That's something we'll find out.

And as far as Bargs and Hedo and whoever, it's not so much about the individuals, but about having succes, being a winning team. Regardless of who's playing. 30 Wins he goes, 50 Wins, well maybe he stays. It's how I see it at least.

Your proposal would be a bad team with Bosh and a lot of space. Bosh might leave then himself if he's not guaranteed a star will be coming in in that space. Also, you're right, nobody will want to come. Toronto doesn't have a good record on that and if the team doesn't have a good record either...
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lao Wai
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Well this a trade that works we get Shaq with his 20 million expiring contract give Cleveland Barny and Jose and Wright.Mind you I think trade would come back to haunt the Raptors.

Cam
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB4Real View Post
ur underestimating Bosh first of all, and heres what i would do...talk to new orleans and we can give them jose + Bargnani + obryant/pops for chris paul. then we go to detroit and give them rasho + banks for ben wallace and presto.

wallace/amir/rasho
bosh/reggie/pops
hedo/wright
derozan/bellineli/weems
cp3/jack
let's just say that NO would not trade paul for Bosh + Calderon + obryant
bargnani + Calderon might get you someone like marcus camby, if that ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,300
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
bargnani + Calderon might get you someone like marcus camby, if that ...
Yeah a pretty good 23yr old Center + a 28yr old starting PG for a gueezer. Why do people think that we can never get anything? Is it that we're so insecure all the time about everything?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
rb
brasil!

Senior Member
 
rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 934
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
pretty much all big names huh?

expiring contracts won't be easy to come by this year. A lot of teams already have gathered a lot and wanna keep them. Besides, the biggest contract of the Raptors is the one of Bosh. Raptors want to extend him. And he won't extend if the Raptors have a bad season. So if you trade Hedo, Jose and/or Bargs for space and inferior talent, Bosh is more likely to walk.

CB4Real, that's totally unrealistic, getting Chris Paul.
It's actually not. NO is struggling and their management have financial issues right now. I was watching a couple of NO games and you could tell Paul was frustrated with his teammates, and he was once quoted saying that him being traded was a possibilty. Plus with BC at the helm any trade is possible.
rb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 53
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
Well, Bosh would be the go to guy, that's a big part of it. He wants to be the star of a team or play 2nd fiddle but for a better team. That's something we'll find out.

And as far as Bargs and Hedo and whoever, it's not so much about the individuals, but about having succes, being a winning team. Regardless of who's playing. 30 Wins he goes, 50 Wins, well maybe he stays. It's how I see it at least.

Your proposal would be a bad team with Bosh and a lot of space. Bosh might leave then himself if he's not guaranteed a star will be coming in in that space. Also, you're right, nobody will want to come. Toronto doesn't have a good record on that and if the team doesn't have a good record either...
It is pretty apparent Bosh is not an ideal go-to guy. He has been here for 6 years and done virtually nothing. He is not a leader and only outs up amazing numbers because our team isn't that great.
ODee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 53
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Wai View Post
Well this a trade that works we get Shaq with his 20 million expiring contract give Cleveland Barny and Jose and Wright.Mind you I think trade would come back to haunt the Raptors.

Cam
pretty much. bad geography. we can only acquire good players through drafts :/
ODee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
feeling the wind

Senior Member
 
LJkAze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,510
Representing:
Default

If Bosh decide to stay he should men up himself to BC; "you know what I want a All-Star player". Maybe he himself can make a move since he likes winning and he want to compete with the strong team: hey I know Toronto not a good team but can you come help us so we can compete against the Big name team like: Boston, Orlando, Denver, etc.

Also I dont think Bosh is about the money; he wants to win and go to the playoff; also he like Toronto.
LJkAze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vittorio De Zen's Fast Break: 8 Fantasy Basketball Busts For 2009-2010 Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 7 09-11-2009 09:56 AM
Undrafted FA's Windex Toronto Raptors 41 06-29-2009 08:16 AM
Bosh to Cleveland in 2010? henrymakepeace Toronto Raptors 13 06-27-2009 12:11 AM
Bosh Hints He Will Opt Out in 2010 bogus Toronto Raptors 73 06-06-2009 09:19 PM
FA's to Europe Benzo Toronto Raptors 29 07-23-2008 12:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24