Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   2010; FA's, Bosh & Toronto Basketball (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/2010-fas-bosh-toronto-basketball-12373.html)

ODee 12-22-2009 02:28 AM

2010; FA's, Bosh & Toronto Basketball
 
Pretty much all the big names will become FA's in 2010. Should we clear cap room by trading talent for cap space and getting nothing of value in return (expirings)?

Thats the approach most of the bad teams or sub-par teams will take before the trade deadline.

Even if we do clear cap room, would all-star caliber players want to come to Toronto? I don't believe any all-star would want to come to toronto just because bosh is here. Not like he can can handle double/triple teams consistently.

CB4Real 12-22-2009 05:24 AM

ur underestimating bosh first of all, and heres what i would do...talk to new orleans and we can give them jose + bargnani + obryant/pops for chris paul. then we go to detroit and give them rasho + banks for ben wallace and presto.

wallace/amir/rasho
bosh/reggie/pops
hedo/wright
derozan/bellineli/weems
cp3/jack

Mr4thQuarter 12-22-2009 05:32 AM

pretty much all big names huh? :D

expiring contracts won't be easy to come by this year. A lot of teams already have gathered a lot and wanna keep them. Besides, the biggest contract of the Raptors is the one of Bosh. Raptors want to extend him. And he won't extend if the Raptors have a bad season. So if you trade Hedo, Jose and/or Bargs for space and inferior talent, Bosh is more likely to walk.

CB4Real, that's totally unrealistic, getting Chris Paul.

ODee 12-22-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter (Post 296103)
pretty much all big names huh? :D

expiring contracts won't be easy to come by this year. A lot of teams already have gathered a lot and wanna keep them. Besides, the biggest contract of the Raptors is the one of Bosh. Raptors want to extend him. And he won't extend if the Raptors have a bad season. So if you trade Hedo, Jose and/or Bargs for space and inferior talent, Bosh is more likely to walk.

CB4Real, that's totally unrealistic, getting Chris Paul.

If I was bosh, and I knew that bargs and hedo were gonna be my go-to guys for the NEXT 5 YEARS, I would leave. Seriously, BC is so retarded, giving bargs/hedo so much money.

This is the scenario I was thinking about:

raps trade: 3 players besides bosh, all of whom have long contracts
raps receive: x players depending on talent level, players must be expiring, aka contracts terminated for 2010 season.

Come 2010, raps have cap room for wade/bron and other big names. But I doubt anyone good would want to come to toronto lol.

Yea cb4real that won't happen. Instead we should get chandler and cp3, regardless of having bosh. Those two essentially ran the hornets.

Mr4thQuarter 12-22-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODee (Post 296104)
If I was bosh, and I knew that bargs and hedo were gonna be my go-to guys for the NEXT 5 YEARS, I would leave. Seriously, BC is so retarded, giving bargs/hedo so much money.

This is the scenario I was thinking about:

raps trade: 3 players besides bosh, all of whom have long contracts
raps receive: x players depending on talent level, players must be expiring, aka contracts terminated for 2010 season.

Come 2010, raps have cap room for wade/bron and other big names. But I doubt anyone good would want to come to toronto lol.

Well, Bosh would be the go to guy, that's a big part of it. He wants to be the star of a team or play 2nd fiddle but for a better team. That's something we'll find out.

And as far as Bargs and Hedo and whoever, it's not so much about the individuals, but about having succes, being a winning team. Regardless of who's playing. 30 Wins he goes, 50 Wins, well maybe he stays. It's how I see it at least.

Your proposal would be a bad team with Bosh and a lot of space. Bosh might leave then himself if he's not guaranteed a star will be coming in in that space. Also, you're right, nobody will want to come. Toronto doesn't have a good record on that and if the team doesn't have a good record either...

Lao Wai 12-22-2009 08:38 AM

Well this a trade that works we get Shaq with his 20 million expiring contract give Cleveland Barny and Jose and Wright.Mind you I think trade would come back to haunt the Raptors.

Cam

moremilk 12-22-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB4Real (Post 296100)
ur underestimating bosh first of all, and heres what i would do...talk to new orleans and we can give them jose + bargnani + obryant/pops for chris paul. then we go to detroit and give them rasho + banks for ben wallace and presto.

wallace/amir/rasho
bosh/reggie/pops
hedo/wright
derozan/bellineli/weems
cp3/jack

let's just say that NO would not trade paul for bosh + calderon + obryant
bargnani + calderon might get you someone like marcus camby, if that ...

jeffb 12-22-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 296313)
bargnani + calderon might get you someone like marcus camby, if that ...

Yeah a pretty good 23yr old Center + a 28yr old starting PG for a gueezer. Why do people think that we can never get anything? Is it that we're so insecure all the time about everything?

rb 12-22-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter (Post 296103)
pretty much all big names huh? :D

expiring contracts won't be easy to come by this year. A lot of teams already have gathered a lot and wanna keep them. Besides, the biggest contract of the Raptors is the one of Bosh. Raptors want to extend him. And he won't extend if the Raptors have a bad season. So if you trade Hedo, Jose and/or Bargs for space and inferior talent, Bosh is more likely to walk.

CB4Real, that's totally unrealistic, getting Chris Paul.

It's actually not. NO is struggling and their management have financial issues right now. I was watching a couple of NO games and you could tell Paul was frustrated with his teammates, and he was once quoted saying that him being traded was a possibilty. Plus with BC at the helm any trade is possible.;):mischief:

ODee 12-22-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter (Post 296105)
Well, Bosh would be the go to guy, that's a big part of it. He wants to be the star of a team or play 2nd fiddle but for a better team. That's something we'll find out.

And as far as Bargs and Hedo and whoever, it's not so much about the individuals, but about having succes, being a winning team. Regardless of who's playing. 30 Wins he goes, 50 Wins, well maybe he stays. It's how I see it at least.

Your proposal would be a bad team with Bosh and a lot of space. Bosh might leave then himself if he's not guaranteed a star will be coming in in that space. Also, you're right, nobody will want to come. Toronto doesn't have a good record on that and if the team doesn't have a good record either...

It is pretty apparent bosh is not an ideal go-to guy. He has been here for 6 years and done virtually nothing. He is not a leader and only outs up amazing numbers because our team isn't that great.

ODee 12-22-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lao Wai (Post 296114)
Well this a trade that works we get Shaq with his 20 million expiring contract give Cleveland Barny and Jose and Wright.Mind you I think trade would come back to haunt the Raptors.

Cam

pretty much. bad geography. we can only acquire good players through drafts :/

LJkAze 12-22-2009 05:37 PM

If Bosh decide to stay he should men up himself to BC; "you know what I want a All-Star player". Maybe he himself can make a move since he likes winning and he want to compete with the strong team: hey I know Toronto not a good team but can you come help us so we can compete against the Big name team like: Boston, Orlando, Denver, etc.

Also I dont think Bosh is about the money; he wants to win and go to the playoff; also he like Toronto.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24