2008 NBA Draft
Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default 2008 NBA Draft

Heres a link to an NBA Mock draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Wich players do you like for Toronto? Of course thinking that BC would have to trade someone for any of this picks.

Im really interested on Nicolas Batum. He would adress many of our problems.
Athletisism, Team player, and Clutch, he likes to take over games. Good three point shooter but likes to take it to the rim. Most important, really good defender. 6.8 and long arms. Sounds like a better version of Jamario Moon.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/prof...olasbatum.html

Last edited by Belsius; 03-26-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Getting Batum would be a dream, although I wouldn't mind Donte Green from Syracuse. All in all, we need a 3.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
Getting Batum would be a dream, although I wouldn't mind Donte Green from Syracuse. All in all, we need a 3.
yup and Batum can play 4 too. So he could give Bosh some rest sometimes.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Obviously I'd like an athletic swingman, but I'm assuming we'll acquire that via free agency or trades this summer. So, with that being said I wouldn't be too terribly upset if we did get a DJ Augustin to backup either Ford or Jose next season knowing this "ship" won't be moving forward for another season with them sharing the PG duties. One of them are gonzo. Book it!
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
yup and Batum can play 4 too. So he could give Bosh some rest sometimes.
Green can play the 4 as well. Almost like an Antawn Jamison type.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Obviously I'd like an athletic swingman, but I'm assuming we'll acquire that via free agency or trades this summer. So, with that being said I wouldn't be too terribly upset if we did get a DJ Augustin to backup either Ford or Jose next season knowing this "ship" won't be moving forward for another season with them sharing the PG duties. One of them are gonzo. Book it!
Not sold on Augustin - he reminds me a lot of a Jameer Nelson-lite. I would try to get Duhon as a back-up 1 and select a 3 in the draft.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Don't get me wrong, Doc, I think Augustin would be solid in the future, but he would be more of an undersized 2 than a 1.

You know who would be nice? Stephen Curry. That dude can fill it up. Reminds me of AI, without the passing skills.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
Don't get me wrong, Doc, I think Augustin would be solid in the future, but he would be more of an undersized 2 than a 1.
I hear ya man. I just have watched a handful of Texas games this season I like what I've seen from DJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation
You know who would be nice? Stephen Curry. That dude can fill it up. Reminds me of AI, without the passing skills.
Great shooter, but we have to move away from pure chuckers on this team in my opinion. I only watched one of the Davidson's games on the weekend and he seemed more like a Kapono style player to me than an AI type. Maybe I only caught him when he was strictly shooting and not so much creating on offense.

We need players who aren't afraid to attack and drive more often then settling for the three pointers or jumpers. :mad:
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

So can anyone see a posibilty of getting a good draft pick for Tj?
I cant think of anything because of how difficult is to measure Tjs value right now.
I supose it all depends on how TJ ends this season.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

The only team(s) I could see taking a chance are New York - simply because they need a true PG and outside chance, Chicago, just to move Hinrich to the 2, but I can't see the latter happening.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
Not sold on Augustin - he reminds me a lot of a Jameer Nelson-lite. I would try to get Duhon as a back-up 1 and select a 3 in the draft.
ummm not sold on DJ?? haha this kid is SICK CRZY AMAZING, best ball handler in the country, gets teammates invovled, fast as hell, can create his own shot and is clutch... i dunno whats not to be sold on.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
ummm not sold on DJ?? haha this kid is SICK CRZY AMAZING, best ball handler in the country, gets teammates invovled, fast as hell, can create his own shot and is clutch... i dunno whats not to be sold on.
People said the same thing about Travis Best when he was at Georgia Tech. People said the same thing about Jameer Nelson when he was at St. Joe's..so I'm sorry if I'm skeptical. I'd rather take a flyer on Andre Barrett or try to acquire Chris Duhon than draft Augustin should we trade either Calderon or Ford in the offseason.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
People said the same thing about Travis Best when he was at Georgia Tech. People said the same thing about Jameer Nelson when he was at St. Joe's..so I'm sorry if I'm skeptical. I'd rather take a flyer on Andre Barrett or try to acquire Chris Duhon than draft Augustin should we trade either Calderon or Ford in the offseason.
well i wouldnt let past bust's influence my future decisions personally. I have watched DJ practice, this kid has crazy skills and moves and a huge work ethic, i really like him alot and i think he will turn in2 a very solid 2nd tier type allstar in the nba, infact i would go as far to say that imo he has as good a shot as being a great player as Beasley who some say could be a Derrick Coleman, but im sure that wont stop him from going 1st, his potential is too great, so is DJs, JMO
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
well i wouldnt let past bust's influence my future decisions personally. I have watched DJ practice, this kid has crazy skills and moves and a huge work ethic, i really like him alot and i think he will turn in2 a very solid 2nd tier type allstar in the nba, infact i would go as far to say that imo he has as good a shot as being a great player as Beasley who some say could be a Derrick Coleman, but im sure that wont stop him from going 1st, his potential is too great, so is DJs, JMO
Yeah, I heard about the DC comparison about Beasley as well, but that's mainly stems from attitude problems he's had in the past and a lazy work ethic, but Beasley brings it every night, and there haven't been any instances of him clashing with teammates or coaches at K-State.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

A couple Euros who's stock are dropping, one of them is your boy Belsius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Steven (Toronto): Where do you see the 2 Euros - Gallinari and Batum landing?

Chad Ford: A lot of GMs are cooling on Gallinari a bit. They worry about his lack of athleticism and his streaky long range jumper. He goes anywhere from 8 to 15 probably. Batum started the year as a potential lottery pick, but he's been so disappointing this year that I think it's more likely that he goes somewhere from 15 to 25.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

Well, maybe thats better for us. I havent really seen a lot bout him, I do have read and he sounds like a really good player. It worries me a little that he is not playing in any major league in europe.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

screw going young and relying on potential.
lets get someone whos proved themself in this league
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,576
Representing:
Default

I can't believe I'm about to write this:

one name that I would have thrown up at a few weeks ago but have started to change my mind on is Hibbert.

And that's saying something, because he has suuuuuuuucked in the tourney this year.

But think of it this way:
He would be a terrible pick in the lottery or in the 14-20 range because, well, he sucks.

But...

If we play well in the next few weeks and end up with a pick in the 20 range...

and...

Hibbert tumbles in the draft (most scouts don't have him in the top 20 anymore) and is available to us at 20 or so...

would he be worth taking? He's not too mobile, but he's legit 7 feet and he's a true big man. Could be be a Brendan Haywood for us? Would that be worth a late first round pick?
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltrane View Post
I can't believe I'm about to write this:

one name that I would have thrown up at a few weeks ago but have started to change my mind on is Hibbert.

And that's saying something, because he has suuuuuuuucked in the tourney this year.

But think of it this way:
He would be a terrible pick in the lottery or in the 14-20 range because, well, he sucks.

But...

If we play well in the next few weeks and end up with a pick in the 20 range...

and...

Hibbert tumbles in the draft (most scouts don't have him in the top 20 anymore) and is available to us at 20 or so...

would he be worth taking? He's not too mobile, but he's legit 7 feet and he's a true big man. Could be be a Brendan Haywood for us? Would that be worth a late first round pick?
i think hibbert is serviceable and will be a decent defender/rebounder in the pro's. I would really like to grab him.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,609
Representing:
Default

Hasheem Thabeet.

Get the swingman via FA.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RF Mock Draft vs NBA Draft jeffb NBA Talk 4 06-26-2009 09:13 AM
Raptors Behind the Draft 2008 bigmac(rexdale) Raptors Video Vault 1 11-01-2008 10:56 AM
2008 Nba Draft Class Bust!?!? Alvin_Williams_Rox NBA Talk 13 06-30-2008 12:36 PM
2008 MOCK NBA Draft INSIDER NBA Talk 81 06-26-2008 11:12 AM
2008 NBA Draft... 17th selection? Joshz Toronto Raptors 20 05-10-2008 02:13 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24