World Soccer Thread - Page 452
Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #9021 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,959
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
So spurs not in the title mention, but man-u and Everton are? See this is why I fucking loathe arsenal fans when it comes to talking bout the sport
Seriously, quit being a brat.

I'll get to why Spurs, in my view, aren't in the title picture, but firstly, as an Arsenal fan when, have I ever been unfair in my criticism AND praise of Spurs. Go back in this thread carefully. Have I been critical? Yep. Have I also praised them and given them kudos? Yep.

I don't think you get something right now. You've driven away more conversation in this thread then actually contributing to discussion. It's always, all Spurs, all the time. They receive negative mention and you JUMP and essentially become a homer in your rebuttal.

Look at some of the other fans in here who speak from time to time on the BPL. Lkeet and fancy, both Liverpool fans both criticize and praise their team and are realistic. Hell, I'm more critical of Arsenal then I am happy and rather take the view of a self-depreciating fan.

So yeah, I'm an Arsenal fan, and yeah, I DON'T THINK SPURS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. But I guess my opinion is not valid because I'm an Arsenal fan, huh? I said earlier, quit being brat. Nah, that's wrong. Quit exhibiting traits of a hooligan.

Now as to why I don't think Spurs will win. It's simple, they labour to produce goals. They have all season long. They play undisciplined on the pitch. They lack passion and give up to easily when the play doesn't go their way. They've also dug a decent sized hole and compared to those other teams I mentioned I don't give them a realistic shot to win. Can I be wrong? Of course.

As to why I mentioned Man U, simple, even though they're losing to Hull right now, there's something to be said about a championship pedigree, Welbeck, Cleverly and Januzaj have been fantastic and they will spend the necessary money in January.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #9022 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,505
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Seriously, quit being a brat.

I'll get to why Spurs, in my view, aren't in the title picture, but firstly, as an Arsenal fan when, have I ever been unfair in my criticism AND praise of Spurs. Go back in this thread carefully. Have I been critical? Yep. Have I also praised them and given them kudos? Yep.

I don't think you get something right now. You've driven away more conversation in this thread then actually contributing to discussion. It's always, all Spurs, all the time. They receive negative mention and you JUMP and essentially become a homer in your rebuttal.

Look at some of the other fans in here who speak from time to time on the BPL. Lkeet and fancy, both Liverpool fans both criticize and praise their team and are realistic. Hell, I'm more critical of Arsenal then I am happy and rather take the view of a self-depreciating fan.

So yeah, I'm an Arsenal fan, and yeah, I DON'T THINK SPURS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. But I guess my opinion is not valid because I'm an Arsenal fan, huh? I said earlier, quit being brat. Nah, that's wrong. Quit exhibiting traits of a hooligan.

Now as to why I don't think Spurs will win. It's simple, they labour to produce goals. They have all season long. They play undisciplined on the pitch. They lack passion and give up to easily when the play doesn't go their way. They've also dug a decent sized hole and compared to those other teams I mentioned I don't give them a realistic shot to win. Can I be wrong? Of course.

As to why I mentioned Man U, simple, even though they're losing to Hull right now, there's something to be said about a championship pedigree, Welbeck, Cleverly and Januzaj have been fantastic and they will spend the necessary money in January.

Go back in the thread and see that Ive told the good, the bad, and the ugly, about spurs on here too. I just find it funny is all. You can clearly see the talent in the squad (at least I hope you can) and the depth in talent. We haven't been clicking and that's to be expected when you bring in the amount of players we have. But even though we haven't played to our best, we're still right in there, where worst case scenario, even after today's draw, we'll be 5 points from 4th and 8 from first.

Do I think it's likely we'll win the title? No. Do I think it's highly unlikely we'll win the title? Yes. Do I think it's in the realm of reasonable possibility? Yes. And you should too especially when you include the likes of Everton and united in your discussion for the title.

United lacks title winning talent. The SAF effect had that team running at 120 percent the past few years. They lack the midfield a title winning team needs. And defence for that matter. Even if moyez stops being such an incompetent coach and has them running at 100 percent, that's still not good enough to win the title. But given the nature of the league this year with points being dropped by top teams so often and so evenly, it's in the real of possibility to say they could pull a rabbit out of their ass and win it. Same goes for spurs who, on paper, have a more talented squad, and many, including non spurs fans have said so.

So don't go around calling me a hooligan because I think you're too biased in your views against spurs, whether that be because of the rivalry or you can't stand me, a passionate spurs fan.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #9023 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I don't think you get something right now. You've driven away more conversation in this thread then actually contributing to discussion. It's always, all Spurs, all the time. They receive negative mention and you JUMP and essentially become a homer in your rebuttal.
Indeed. It's not just in the World Soccer Thread though
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #9024 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Also - Claudius - great post.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #9025 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Peter Lim will revive Valencia Debt will be cleared and apparently a few big names might come to Valencia - starting with Dzeko.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #9026 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,505
Representing:
Default

Paulinho out for min 4 weeks.

Fucking charlie Adam. Disgrace of a footballer

Injuries are ridiculous for us this year. With a fully fit squad who knows where we'd be right now. God knowd our defensive issues have been due to injuries.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:17 AM   #9027 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,505
Representing:
Default

great win .


adebayor injured
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #9028 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,266
Representing:
Default

Pardon me if this is a repost....

Kagawa and Kiyotake vs. 55 japanese youngsters!

TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #9029 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Honda to Milan is official.

Lewandowski to Bayern Munchen in the summer is finally official.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #9030 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Nainggolan to Roma - loan but have the potential to sign in the summer, and probably will.

Bradley might go to TFC. If he does he might be unveiled beside Defoe.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #9031 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,540
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post

Bradley might go to TFC. If he does he might be unveiled beside Defoe.
yup i heard about this as well. TFC is going all in for this next season.

The weird thing about this is now that they will find themselves with 1 DP too many. Not sure what they're going to do with Laba, but i liked him last year.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #9032 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
yup i heard about this as well. TFC is going all in for this next season.

The weird thing about this is now that they will find themselves with 1 DP too many. Not sure what they're going to do with Laba, but i liked him last year.
Indeed.

I've heard they'll deal him or something.

If Bradley does go to TFC it'll be good for TFC and the league but it's a shame because Bradley can play in the top leagues in Europe.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #9033 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,540
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Indeed.

I've heard they'll deal him or something.

If Bradley does go to TFC it'll be good for TFC and the league but it's a shame because Bradley can play in the top leagues in Europe.
how is it a shame? If anything it's a real indication that the MLS is becoming a better league itself.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #9034 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
how is it a shame? If anything it's a real indication that the MLS is becoming a better league itself.
It's a shame for his own personal development that he's moving as from a pretty darn good team in Roma to TFC. Backup on the 2nd best team in a top 4 league and now he'll be a starter in a league which is the equivalent of a second division Italy, Spain, Germany or England.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #9035 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,540
Representing:
Default

Any way you look at it the MLS is much better than it was when TFC were a new team, yet a lot of people still look at it like they did 5 years ago.

He did the move that was best for him. that's all i see it as.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #9036 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

F**k the Nets!!!
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,340
Representing:
Default

TFC making some noise and I'm liking it. The fans have been waiting so long for a legit team, seems like they got it.

I'm not getting overly optimistic though. Their defense and goaltending are average at best. Also there is no guarantee everything will click- see Blue Jays. I hope it does though because if TFC fails to make playoffs with these moves, the fanbase is as good as dead.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #9037 (permalink)
The North Remembers #07series

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Any way you look at it the MLS is much better than it was when TFC were a new team, yet a lot of people still look at it like they did 5 years ago.

He did the move that was best for him. that's all i see it as.
True.

Economically maybe but I for play, probably not imo.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #9038 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,540
Representing:
Default

I'm genuinely excited about this upcoming season. It's the Michael Bradley signing that i think will have the biggest impact. Still i hope they can keep Laba midfield is just so important.

I won't lie this hype is really working on me.... looking forward to taking my daughter to her first sporting event when the season gets underway.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #9039 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,301
Representing:
Default

had a good chuckle when i saw this...very clever and funny

congrats to TFC

Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #9040 (permalink)
is on some cool out shit

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,416
Representing:
Default

I dont watch soccer.

Are these new guys good? Why would they leave better leagues for MLS? Just a money play? Or they feel like coasting a bit and being big fish in a small pond.
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 12:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 01:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 12:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 05:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 06:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24