World Soccer Thread - Page 450
Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #8981 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
This World Cup will truly be one for the ages. Spain in one of the groups of death. Quite a few groups where 1 team is obviously going through but there's a fight for the other spot.
maybe it's my bias but I think group F should be a good one. one of the best teams in Asia, vs the best team in Africa, vs a talented squad who's new to the world cup all vying for that second spot
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #8982 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,881
Representing:
Default

Belgium are gonna be the team that lights up the world cup.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #8983 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
maybe it's my bias but I think group F should be a good one. one of the best teams in Asia, vs the best team in Africa, vs a talented squad who's new to the world cup all vying for that second spot
I think Bosnia should get 2nd based on their talent and play in WCQ in the toughest continent. Nigeria has a chance but they also disappoint frequently. Iran does have an advantage over Bosnia because of Bosnia's first trip to the show. That reason is the only really hindrance to Bosnia's chances.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #8984 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
Belgium are gonna be the team that lights up the world cup.
+ Colombia

#darkhorses
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #8985 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I think Bosnia should get 2nd based on their talent and play in WCQ in the toughest continent. Nigeria has a chance but they also disappoint frequently. Iran does have an advantage over Bosnia because of Bosnia's first trip to the show. That reason is the only really hindrance to Bosnia's chances.
Pretty much my thoughts on the group. My expectations?

Argentina
Bosnia
Iran
Nigeria

My presumed reality

Argentina
Bosnia
Nigeria
Iran

My outlier with miniscule but existing chance of happening

Bosnia
Argentina
Iran
Nigeria

My somewhat possible hope

Argentina
Iran
Bosnia
Nigeria
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #8986 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Watching the EPL on weekend mornings is such a beautiful part of life
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #8987 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

only thing to make this weekend more perfect would be if liverpool lost.

regardless, awesome awesome weekend
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #8988 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,025
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Everton are a good, good team man. I thoroughly enjoy watching them when I can (sorry Fancy and Lkeet).

As long as we don't drop points, I'm happy.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #8989 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Everton are a good, good team man. I thoroughly enjoy watching them when I can (sorry Fancy and Lkeet).

As long as we don't drop points, I'm happy.
Certainly admirable. They'll play GD as much as possible to ensure he stays next season. Also - it'll be interesting to see what happens with Lukaku.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #8990 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Everton are a good, good team man. I thoroughly enjoy watching them when I can (sorry Fancy and Lkeet).

As long as we don't drop points, I'm happy.
i agree they are good or at the very least playing good so far. i keep hoping they fall back down to earth, but then again i think a lot of us are thinking that about a lot of teams this season (you can apply that statement to so many teams). It's been a really fun season (especially when you see what's happening in salford )
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #8991 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,881
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Everton are a good, good team man. I thoroughly enjoy watching them when I can (sorry Fancy and Lkeet).

As long as we don't drop points, I'm happy.
Haha, no prob. I'm not one of those fans who's funny about rival teams like that. I mean I hate them, with a passion, but I say what I see, they are strong. Still think the squad strength is 7th best, tho not by much, they have plenty of good players. But martinez is seriously impressing this season.

4th is impossible to predict. Lfc are strong but way too many lifeless attacking displays and mistakes in defence. Spurs are struggling but if things click they will be dangerous, ditto man utd. Everton are basically playing at full potential.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #8992 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
Haha, no prob. I'm not one of those fans who's funny about rival teams like that. I mean I hate them, with a passion, but I say what I see, they are strong. Still think the squad strength is 7th best, tho not by much, they have plenty of good players. But martinez is seriously impressing this season.

4th is impossible to predict. Lfc are strong but way too many lifeless attacking displays and mistakes in defence. Spurs are struggling but if things click they will be dangerous, ditto man utd. Everton are basically playing at full potential.
Spurs looking better lately. Sure it's only Sunderland but it was the stadium of light and their first game under the new manager. Lots of energy and incentive for Sunderland in that game and yet we dominated for most of the game.

Wasn't impressed with the lloris fuck up but no one is perfect

Also not impressed with the Fulham performance defensively but we pulled through with grit. That's the sign of a good team. To win even though they dont play well
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #8993 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,881
Representing:
Default

Everton FC's Ross Barkley happy for Gazza and Michael Ballack comparisons - Liverpool Echo

barkley says this in the interview:

"I knew when I heard Martinez was coming in I'd get my chance this season. I'd seen the way he was with Callum McManaman and James McCarthy at Wigan, that he gives young players their chance.

"I knew I was the type of player to suit him because he's a really tactical manager who likes to build up the play. So I felt confident this could be the season I'd break through."

if that isn't a (very thinly) veiled criticism of moyes, i don't know what is!? and it's a bad one at that.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #8994 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

I'm sure Moyes won't be fazed by that. I mean things are going really really well for him right now..... right? right?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #8995 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

BAM!

Spurs player being sent off really made it a blowout, but HOT DAMN that was a performance to remember.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #8996 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,881
Representing:
Default

Avb gone. Shame. They shoulda given him till next season. They've got EIGHT new players and are 1 point better off than this point last season. They probably wouldn't have made 4th this season, way too many frailties but now they just have to start again.

They'll get a new manager, go on a good little run of form like always happens with a new manager and then the same problems will return.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #8997 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

AVB didn't do enough with the squad that was assembled.

Also - damn Arsenal vs Bayern and City vs Barca. Real got a "decent" draw vs Schalke. Even though Atletico should beat Milan, they haven't been in the UCL rounds in a while. Big first test.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #8998 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
Avb gone. Shame. They shoulda given him till next season. They've got EIGHT new players and are 1 point better off than this point last season. They probably wouldn't have made 4th this season, way too many frailties but now they just have to start again.

They'll get a new manager, go on a good little run of form like always happens with a new manager and then the same problems will return.
I guess it depends on who they bring in, but managerial changes seem to go 50-50. Wouldn't surprise me to see them have a harder time adjusting to a new manager with a different style. Yes they have been blown out a couple times, but they have also been pretty decent this season. It's not like they're in the bottom half of the table or anything.

Whatever, i can't say i'm dissapointed to see them scrambling like this. After their massive offseason and having to listen to certain tottenham fans hype up their title hopes....
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #8999 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,881
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
AVB didn't do enough with the squad that was assembled.

Also - damn Arsenal vs Bayern and City vs Barca. Real got a "decent" draw vs Schalke. Even though Atletico should beat Milan, they haven't been in the UCL rounds in a while. Big first test.
But come on mate, when does that judgement get made? After 16 games? Not for me. If they finished 5th or 6th with him this season I don't think the board could demand better than that. Yeah, they wanted champs league but the reality is they lost their best player (like arsenal have in recent years and struggled,) and replaced them with tons of new players. And of course there are some very strong teams out there. They needed to wait till next season and those players would be ready to go. Now they're starting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I guess it depends on who they bring in, but managerial changes seem to go 50-50. Wouldn't surprise me to see them have a harder time adjusting to a new manager with a different style. Yes they have been blown out a couple times, but they have also been pretty decent this season. It's not like they're in the bottom half of the table or anything.

Whatever, i can't say i'm dissapointed to see them scrambling like this. After their massive offseason and having to listen to certain tottenham fans hype up their title hopes....
50-50 on how the manager does, I agree. But usually, even if the manager isn't great, has dodgy tactics or other issues, just the fresh broom sweeping clean makes a huge difference. Psychology is huge in football I think, in all sports and a new manager often gives a morale boost, players play with freedom. I'm only talking 4 or 5 games, then the new regime starts to define itself.

Last edited by LKeet6; 12-17-2013 at 01:10 PM.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 12:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 01:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 12:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 05:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 06:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24