World Soccer Thread - Page 446
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #8901 (permalink)
rb
let the games begin

Senior Member
 
rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 950
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
and when you're already thin number of defensive minded players get injured and you drop points like no tomorrow because relegation teams will score on you for fun, i'll still be laughing. it's a sprint, not a marathon.

oh and by the way, you're 3 points ahead of us, with a game we played against you, in the emirates, in which a number of important players were injured for us and to which many unbiased viewers noted that we outplayed you regardless.

but I don't need to say anything. after this coming stretch, we shall see who is above who in the table. remember, we've currently played one more top 4 vying team than you have, and came out of it with a draw. let's see how you do when the big boys come to play


as for the benzema rumours, not a fooking chance. madrid wouldn't sell their only established senior number 9 in january, nor would wanker spend another 50 million this year
dude you're not telling me anything that i don't already know, that's why i don't see the need for benz as what we should be targeting is a cb or cdm. you talk about how the spuds are doing this without important players but i think you're forgetting that podolski, cazorla, walcott, vermaelen and oxlade chamberlain are injured. wait til those guys are back. i do agree that our schedule has been relatively easy but even our cl play has been superb and i look forward to our match against dortmund as it should be a good one. when the spuds finish out of the top 4 again, i'll be the one laughing.
rb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #8902 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Benzema going to Arsenal was rumored in the summer along with di maria and Jese. Nothing new here. Arsenal need depth as well. Signing those guys adds quality and you can't complain about that.
As for the need for a cdm and a cb, when hasn't that been a concern or need?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #8903 (permalink)
rb
let the games begin

Senior Member
 
rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 950
Representing:
Default

i'm not sure if that post was addressing me or pzabby but i've always known about the benzema and di maria to arsenal rumours, i just thought it was dead once we signed ozil and madrid sold higuain. i get that it adds depth but i just figured with giroud and ramsey in great form the need for benz was over, i'd gladly take di maria though.
rb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #8904 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Pzabby. Fellow fan here rb.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #8905 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
i'm not sure if that post was addressing me or pzabby but i've always known about the benzema and di maria to arsenal rumours, i just thought it was dead once we signed ozil and madrid sold higuain. i get that it adds depth but i just figured with giroud and ramsey in great form the need for benz was over, i'd gladly take di maria though.
not going to happen el fideo is ours, you have el bujo now so you should be happy
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #8906 (permalink)
rb
let the games begin

Senior Member
 
rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 950
Representing:
Default

ahhh my apologies then claud, gooners.
rb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #8907 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

UEFA/European World Cup Qualifiers - Playoffs Matchups:

Portugal vs. Sweden

France vs. Ukraine

Greece vs. Romania

Iceland vs. Croatia
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #8908 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

pzabby will enjoy this article

Mythbuster: Why Arsenal have yet to prove their title credentials - Goal.com
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #8909 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Thanks lgr!
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #8910 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
Thanks lgr!
Np
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #8911 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

nobody else is strong enough to put arsenal far behind them. they'll be right up there. could be a 3 or 4 horse race.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #8912 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

haha!

epic fail papere calcio: 5 errori a porta vuota in 10 secondi - YouTube
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #8913 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
nobody else is strong enough to put arsenal far behind them. they'll be right up there. could be a 3 or 4 horse race.
I agree with what you said IF arsenal manage to somehow evade injuries you would normally expect to happen to a team.

IF that doesn't happen, and they deal with injuries like any team normally would. arsenal won't be close to the title. it'd be tough for them to drop out of the top 4, but even given how they haven't played many strong sides yet with the exception of one, even that's questionable.

basically at this point, it's still wide open. as opposed to other years where at this point people could see the dominance of the two manchester clubs for example
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #8914 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

You can talk about injuries for any side. I wouldn't be worried about injuries to midfield if I was arsenal, their options there are sick. Maybe defence. If I were spurs i'd be worries about an injury to soldado or a defender. Lfc don't need to worry about defence and can cope without one of suarez or sturridge but we're light in midfield. Chelsea and city have the strongest squads probably but if they lost one of their best players they could struggle.

Chelsea probably rely least on particular players.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #8915 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
You can talk about injuries for any side. I wouldn't be worried about injuries to midfield if I was arsenal, their options there are sick. Maybe defence. If I were spurs i'd be worries about an injury to soldado or a defender. Lfc don't need to worry about defence and can cope without one of suarez or sturridge but we're light in midfield. Chelsea and city have the strongest squads probably but if they lost one of their best players they could struggle.

Chelsea probably rely least on particular players.
We're fine at cb. Our biggest issue is lb and we did alright without him and now he's coming back

As for soldado, Defoe and adebayor can hold the fort for a minor injury since attacking wise we have a ton of options aside from striker to score goals.

Spurs depth is as up there as the city and Chelsea squads. I'd say more so than city and less than Chelsea. People think city have a ton of depth because of their absurd forward line but their midfield isn't too packed. They struggle a lot for example if toure were to go down

Arsenal have the least depth out of the aforementioned. I strongly believe they'll struggle when normal injuries that happen to Every team happen to them.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #8916 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
We're fine at cb. Our biggest issue is lb and we did alright without him and now he's coming back

As for soldado, Defoe and adebayor can hold the fort for a minor injury since attacking wise we have a ton of options aside from striker to score goals.

Spurs depth is as up there as the city and Chelsea squads. I'd say more so than city and less than Chelsea. People think city have a ton of depth because of their absurd forward line but their midfield isn't too packed. They struggle a lot for example if toure were to go down

Arsenal have the least depth out of the aforementioned. I strongly believe they'll struggle when normal injuries that happen to Every team happen to them.
wow you are massively confident in spurs aren't you!?

adebayor is laughable, he's done. He hasn't appeared all season. defoe has got an eye for goal but is much less effective as a lone striker and extremely selfish. i wouldn't expect him to do as well in the prem as he has in europe. You've got an excellent squad, i just don't see how it's all coming together at the moment. It certainly could in the 2nd half of the season.

arsenal lacking depth!? crazy statement. flamini, arteta, ramsey, wilshire, rosicky, walcott, chamberlain, podolski, ozil, gnarby. they could use another defender maybe (3 good CBs tho,) apart from that their squad is set. They've already had injuries, quite a few, and dealt fine with it.

current prediction:
1.) chelsea
2.) arsenal
3.) city
4.) spurs

utd and liverpool are unknowns, both could easily challenge top 4, especially if one or more of that top 4 don't perform to expectations, which could easily happen as well. As you said it's very open. gonna be a very exciting season.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #8917 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
wow you are massively confident in spurs aren't you!?

adebayor is laughable, he's done. He hasn't appeared all season. defoe has got an eye for goal but is much less effective as a lone striker and extremely selfish. i wouldn't expect him to do as well in the prem as he has in europe. You've got an excellent squad, i just don't see how it's all coming together at the moment. It certainly could in the 2nd half of the season.

arsenal lacking depth!? crazy statement. flamini, arteta, ramsey, wilshire, rosicky, walcott, chamberlain, podolski, ozil, gnarby. they could use another defender maybe (3 good CBs tho,) apart from that their squad is set. They've already had injuries, quite a few, and dealt fine with it.

current prediction:
1.) chelsea
2.) arsenal
3.) city
4.) spurs

utd and liverpool are unknowns, both could easily challenge top 4, especially if one or more of that top 4 don't perform to expectations, which could easily happen as well. As you said it's very open. gonna be a very exciting season.
Their d is depleted and they have only one senior CF.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #8918 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Their d is depleted and they have only one senior CF.
who arsenal? they have 3 good CBs and 2 options for each of RB and LB. They could do with maybe one more signing in defence, one who would be unlikely to play much. And up front they've got giroud, podolski, bendtner and sanogo. bendtner isn't great and sanogo is completely unproven but still, giroud doesn't seem like the type to get injured and podolski is a great back-up.

i can feel pzabby's response coming! yes, adebayor is better than bendtner! but i'd much rather have podolski than defoe as my main back-up.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #8919 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
who arsenal? they have 3 good CBs and 2 options for each of RB and LB. They could do with maybe one more signing in defence, one who would be unlikely to play much. And up front they've got giroud, podolski, bendtner and sanogo. bendtner isn't great and sanogo is completely unproven but still, giroud doesn't seem like the type to get injured and podolski is a great back-up.

i can feel pzabby's response coming! yes, adebayor is better than bendtner! but i'd much rather have podolski than defoe as my main back-up.
So they have quasi depth at the back 4 but they concede a lot nonetheless.

Podolski is more of a wideforward/wing than CF.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #8920 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

LGR said all that I would have wanted to say.

except this: adebayor has been injured most of the season. he'll work his way back. remember the chelsea spurs game near the end of last season? yeah he's still got it. and he had similar form for the last several games. it wasn't just a one off

defoe can keep his own in the epl. sure he's no aguero but he's scored plenty and his movement has gotten much better and selfishness decreased. he showed that in the first half of last season. he isn't a viable first option for a season, but we don't need him to be. we're talking here if soldado is injured *knock on wood*
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 01:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 02:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 01:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 06:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 07:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24