World Soccer Thread - Page 438
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #8741 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Kaka is leaving Real soon. It's just about getting rid of 18 million euros remaining salary really (9 this year and 9 for 2014/2015). Coentrao will probably leave too. Then I'd look to sell Denis with a buyback.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #8742 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
i wouldn't call that an easy group for barca at all! The 2nd seed team is pretty acceptable but they got pretty much the hardest 3rd and 4th seeds they could!

chelsea, wow, so lucky. Man city will finally make the knockout stages! And dortmund get totally screwed again! (arsenal too.) the seedings are totally shit man, 5 years it goes back! and equal weighting as you go back further and further. LFC still ranked 17th best team in europe! we haven't been in CL for years!

BBC Sport - How Uefa's seeding system helps Arsenal & hinders Celtic
I'd say group F has the hardest 3/4 seeds. I could easily seeing Dortmound and Napoli getting in over OM and Arsenal. Actually that group looks backwards lol. Although Celtic and Ajax are formidable I see Milan and Barce going forward.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #8743 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I'd say group F has the hardest 3/4 seeds. I could easily seeing Dortmound and Napoli getting in over OM and Arsenal. Actually that group looks backwards lol. Although Celtic and Ajax are formidable I see Milan and Barce going forward.
yeah, sorry, you're right, that group is way harder! lol, but that's just a horrible group, which takes me back to my seedings gripe.

yeah, when i said barca's group is hard, i just meant they'll have to battle all the way, but i believe they'll top that group. when you get an easy group you can start resting players maybe by the 4th or 5th game, barca won't be able to do that. There's 3 hard away games for sure. Ajax could push milan, but yeah, milan will prob go through.

i could see it being a very close group. Like celtic getting 4-6pts, ajax a couple more, pushing milan, milan drawing a few games and nicking 2nd place, and barca possibly not losing any, or just one loss, but also a few draws.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #8744 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
yeah, sorry, you're right, that group is way harder! lol, but that's just a horrible group, which takes me back to my seedings gripe.

yeah, when i said barca's group is hard, i just meant they'll have to battle all the way, but i believe they'll top that group. when you get an easy group you can start resting players maybe by the 4th or 5th game, barca won't be able to do that. There's 3 hard away games for sure. Ajax could push milan, but yeah, milan will prob go through.

i could see it being a very close group. Like celtic getting 4-6pts, ajax a couple more, pushing milan, milan drawing a few games and nicking 2nd place, and barca possibly not losing any, or just one loss, but also a few draws.
CL Is all about protecting the rich teams though. Look at how long it took Germany to take the 4th spot from Italy. It`ll always be like that and when your from weak domestic leagues you`ll always get the short end of the stick. Its a shame cause even in this unfavourable system you still see underdog teams go far. Imagine if it was actually fair.

Also, you are right celtic and ajax aren't pushovers.

Juve sold Matri to Milan for 11 mill. Milan gave him a 500k bump in pay. Man it was like Juve hardly spent any money this summer but significantly improved their team
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #8745 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

liverpool supposedly close to agreeing deals for sakho AND illori! That would sort the defence out. Sakho could be an amazing signing and illori would take the place of coates.

rodgers still seems to think we need another attacking player as well, i don't really, until/unless we sell suarez.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #8746 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

damn, chelsea are negative under mourinho! He hasn't really changed them much so far. I know it's early days but he's supposed to have this strong personality and he's got a hell of a squad, i thought they'd come out firing from the get go. They're worse than rafa's chelsea imo, and similar to di matteo's chelsea.

bayern had over 60% possession and THIRTY-FIVE shots! (admittedly including extra-time.)

god knows why mourinho had lukaku taking the final pen!?
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #8747 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

did people know eto'o once said this about chelsea!?

"I'd rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea,"
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #8748 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Spurs signing of eriksen done
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #8749 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

spurs have also signed chiriches. I would have preferred another lb, and maybe another striker if adebayor is indeed sold, but i'm more than happy with the window, even if bale leaves
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #8750 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Bale's greatest gift to Tottenham is him leaving. Why didn't Dortmund scoop up Eriksen? I'm really puzzled by it actually. I'm sure that Henrikh is a fine player but Eriksen is younger, cheaper and has the potential to be a much better player. I think Dortmund dropped the ball on that one.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #8751 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

K.P.Boateng to Schalke, Pukki to Celtic
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #8752 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Bale's greatest gift to Tottenham is him leaving. Why didn't Dortmund scoop up Eriksen? I'm really puzzled by it actually. I'm sure that Henrikh is a fine player but Eriksen is younger, cheaper and has the potential to be a much better player. I think Dortmund dropped the ball on that one.
we don't need him to leave to make the eriksen signing. the lamela signing, maybe. even then not really. fat lady hasn't sung yet either
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #8753 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
we don't need him to leave to make the eriksen signing. the lamela signing, maybe. even then not really. fat lady hasn't sung yet either
All those signings (107.25 million pounds) will be balanced by 1 giant and idiotic transfer (and the 23.364 million pounds in transfer sales so far).

Barring something unforeseen it's going to happen. You've been denial for like a whole summer.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #8754 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

yes red men! cracking result today! Awesome atmosphere at the ground as well. Best thing is we're nowhere near our potential as an attacking force so far. Post-match interviews suggested all our focus pre-season has been on our defending, which is good coz we were shaky last season. Our best player hasn't played yet, and the attacking play will develop as the season progresses.

tho i'd rather we sell suarez tbh. Much like bale, the money would really help us to continue developing the squad. And i don't like him of course.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #8755 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

How I hope Arsenal lose today. We need a wake up call ....
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #8756 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
yes red men! cracking result today! Awesome atmosphere at the ground as well. Best thing is we're nowhere near our potential as an attacking force so far. Post-match interviews suggested all our focus pre-season has been on our defending, which is good coz we were shaky last season. Our best player hasn't played yet, and the attacking play will develop as the season progresses.

tho i'd rather we sell suarez tbh. Much like bale, the money would really help us to continue developing the squad. And i don't like him of course.
very impressive

yup. not only does it help the squad (getting a nice chunk of change and getting some more quality signing(s)) but also it's never good having a player who doesn't want to be there.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #8757 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
How I hope Arsenal lose today. We need a wake up call ....
LOL.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #8758 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
yes red men! cracking result today! Awesome atmosphere at the ground as well. Best thing is we're nowhere near our potential as an attacking force so far. Post-match interviews suggested all our focus pre-season has been on our defending, which is good coz we were shaky last season. Our best player hasn't played yet, and the attacking play will develop as the season progresses.

tho i'd rather we sell suarez tbh. Much like bale, the money would really help us to continue developing the squad. And i don't like him of course.
Top of the table buddy!
Defending is vastly improved and i am really enjoying it. For all that Manc pressure they didn't even really test Mignolet all that much. and it looks like it's going to take a lot to beat him too.

Looking forward to seeing the new guys. Aspas wasn't ready for this fixture... Not sure if this would make a difference, but i wouldn't mind seeing Borini get a chance.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #8759 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,010
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Top of the table buddy!
Defending is vastly improved and i am really enjoying it. For all that Manc pressure they didn't even really test Mignolet all that much. and it looks like it's going to take a lot to beat him too.

Looking forward to seeing the new guys. Aspas wasn't ready for this fixture... Not sure if this would make a difference, but i wouldn't mind seeing Borini get a chance.
happy days! No, we mostly kept utd at bay didn't we. The van persie chance near the end was the only proper chance they created.

Aspas had a nightmare, but i'm not that worried. Even today, with a couple of intelligent passes, he showed what he can bring, he's just gotta get used to the prem. Follow couintho's lead. You can be a thinking, skillful player in the prem, you just have to do it all quicker! I was surprised and disappointed borini didn't play against notts county. The guy has had 2 serious injuries since he joined us, we haven't seen anywhere near his best yet.

i like that we're kind of punching above our weight. It's not like we're underdogs, but pretty much everyone had us down for 6th before the season started, maybe we will finish 6th, but we've shown everyone we're serious and more importantly, the players have had a massive confidence boost. Sturridge is on fire! 16 in his last 20 games! (i just wish he'd pass more.)
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #8760 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,546
Representing:
Default

So Bale is officially a Real player. Sucks. Im tired of the ridiculous spending. Football is just not fun anymore. lol at the loyalty to tottenham bullshit too.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 01:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 02:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 01:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 06:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 07:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24