World Soccer Thread - Page 420
Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #8381 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

so spurs in advanced negotiations with dinamo zagreb for alen halilovic and tin jedvaj for a total of 17 mil pounds for both players.

claudius, people are calling halilovic to end up being one of the best players in the world. what's your take?
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #8382 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
villa at spurs I can see being a contender for the golden boot with all the chances we make and his superb finishing and experience. he'll be vdv 2.0 for us

paulinho fits avb's style to the letter, and gives us a ton of options in how to play our midfield in terms of tactics with sandro, dembele, paulinho, siggy, and holtby all being sublime. parker's still good if not sold. huddlestone can be very useful in certain situations, if not sold. but point is paulinho gives us quantity in midfield but WITH quality, something we lacked last season, a lot, especially with injuries
Um, VDV was 27 when he went to Spurs and was an attacking midfielder. Villa turns 32 this year and is a CF/ST who can play some wing. Not to mention that since that 2011-2012 season injury the man is not the same.

That's great and all but other teams are not sitting by doing nothing. Hell, Arsenal might actually sign a big name player in his prime (Higuain)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #8383 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Juventus has done a fine job this summer:



LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #8384 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Um, VDV was 27 when he went to Spurs and was an attacking midfielder. Villa turns 32 this year and is a CF/ST who can play some wing. Not to mention that since that 2011-2012 season injury the man is not the same.

That's great and all but other teams are not sitting by doing nothing. Hell, Arsenal might actually sign a big name player in his prime (Higuain)
villa doesn't rely on pace to be excellent. the man scored 16 goals playing as a winger who didn't start every game last season. imagine what he'd do as a target man playing every game. he had a bone break injury so it's not necessarily one that will be recurring. takes a long time to heal, but for the most part, unless you're in your 40's or later, you come back from it near or at 100 percent.

if arsenal signs higuain that's great and all but striker wasn't where they were lacking last season. they're midfield is not great by any means, and wilshere is a player who you never know whether is injured or not game to game. plus he's a bit overrated since he's british and all. as well, if arsenal signs higuain, really it simply means madrid aren't getting bale, ever. which probably means we'll have bale for a couple more seasons, not just one. so really higuain going to le arse isn't that bad at all
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #8385 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
villa doesn't rely on pace to be excellent. the man scored 16 goals playing as a winger who didn't start every game last season. imagine what he'd do as a target man playing every game. he had a bone break injury so it's not necessarily one that will be recurring. takes a long time to heal, but for the most part, unless you're in your 40's or later, you come back from it near or at 100 percent.

if arsenal signs higuain that's great and all but striker wasn't where they were lacking last season. they're midfield is not great by any means, and wilshere is a player who you never know whether is injured or not game to game. plus he's a bit overrated since he's british and all. as well, if arsenal signs higuain, really it simply means madrid aren't getting bale, ever. which probably means we'll have bale for a couple more seasons, not just one. so really higuain going to le arse isn't that bad at all
Dude, he's lost a step for team and country. The injury didn't help. He'll help no doubt but he's far from his 2010-2011 self.

Dude I'm just saying Arsenal aren't sitting back. Really? We've already gone through this again. 70-80 million euros is a lot of money. I don't think Bale will want to spend his career fighting for 4th place. I don't really want Bale so we'd both be happy there
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #8386 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Dude, he's lost a step for team and country. The injury didn't help. He'll help no doubt but he's far from his 2010-2011 self.

Dude I'm just saying Arsenal aren't sitting back. Really? We've already gone through this again. 70-80 million euros is a lot of money. I don't think Bale will want to spend his career fighting for 4th place. I don't really want Bale so we'd both be happy there
i'm not going to repost why that 70-80 isn't as great as you make it seem. well to summarize in terms of how we can spend it, we won't be spending it on 2 cavani's, but rather 5 players of lower talent level. it's about quality, not quantity.

arsenal always are rumoured to be going after the best, and end up with second or third fiddle. let's see if they actually get higuain first
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #8387 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
well to summarize in terms of how we can spend it, we won't be spending it on 2 cavani's, but rather 5 players of lower talent level. it's about quality, not quantity.
this is why Dortmund don't want to sell Lewandowski. The won't get a player with the same quality in return.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #8388 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
this is why Dortmund don't want to sell Lewandowski. The won't get a player with the same quality in return.
fair enough. but lewa has only a year left and won't extend, while bale has several
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #8389 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Sky Italy: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina for €18m, €5m per year of wages. 4 year deal. Still a rumor until either club comments.

€15m transfer for Kaka to São Paulo

Last edited by Windex; 07-02-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #8390 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Too bad Paulinho went to Spurs. I like Corinthians and they're the team I watch when I see Brasileirão. Corinthians is a better team than Spurs imo .
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #8391 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
so spurs in advanced negotiations with dinamo zagreb for alen halilovic and tin jedvaj for a total of 17 mil pounds for both players.

claudius, people are calling halilovic to end up being one of the best players in the world. what's your take?
I mentioned him a few pages ago, when you were speaking about Rebic.

The kid is ridiculously talented. One of the best 17 year olds on the planet. I don't take what he does at Dinamo really that seriously because the domestic league is poor and well, he didn't show that well when he played in the Champions League games (which is still pretty insane considering his age).

The kid is tiny and I mean tiny. He's no where near physically ready for the grind of the English league. He'll get pushed around really easily and I think a lot of people will think he's a bust because of that.

He gets compared to Luka simply because of their size but they couldn't be more different. Luka was never a goal scorer. Halilovic is and he's more technically gifted. If you want to see his technical side a bit, he put it on display during the last Croatia friendly v. Portugal.

Really, he has the talent to ONE DAY be considered one of the best players on the planet, but he's years away from realizing that. If he was smart he would stay in the Croatian domestic league and stay with Dinamo till he was 20/21 who have a great track record of developing players and then move to a more technical league (he'd be FANTASTIC in Germany, Spain). I think a move to Spurs, to me at least, is the dumbest thing he could do because of the league he's choosing. That's my two cents on it.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #8392 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
i'm not going to repost why that 70-80 isn't as great as you make it seem. well to summarize in terms of how we can spend it, we won't be spending it on 2 cavani's, but rather 5 players of lower talent level. it's about quality, not quantity.

arsenal always are rumoured to be going after the best, and end up with second or third fiddle. let's see if they actually get higuain first
5 players of lower talent? Why not 2-3 players of quality? I thought Spurs were so great at evaluating talent. Cavani is overrated.

Well we'll see I guess.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #8393 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
€15m transfer for Kaka to São Paulo
If that's true -
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #8394 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Juventus has done a fine job this summer:



If tevez doesn't golf in Argentina it'll be nice up front for juve. Another cb and a LWB it could be a nice year
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #8395 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
this is why Dortmund don't want to sell Lewandowski. The won't get a player with the same quality in return.
So they'll lose him for free cuz he doesn't want to stay there, really smart.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #8396 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Sky Italy: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina for €18m, €5m per year of wages. 4 year deal. Still a rumor until either club comments.

€15m transfer for Kaka to São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
If that's true -
Wow doesn't sound right
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #8397 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
So they'll lose him for free cuz he doesn't want to stay there, really smart.
They have money now, they're not desperate. If he wanted to go somewhere other than Bayern I think they would likely sell him. Don't want players to dictate the transfers.
They're doing the same thing Bilbao did with Llorente

Borussia Dortmund might get Aubameyang so Lewa might be sold

Last edited by Windex; 07-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #8398 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I mentioned him a few pages ago, when you were speaking about Rebic.

The kid is ridiculously talented. One of the best 17 year olds on the planet. I don't take what he does at Dinamo really that seriously because the domestic league is poor and well, he didn't show that well when he played in the Champions League games (which is still pretty insane considering his age).

The kid is tiny and I mean tiny. He's no where near physically ready for the grind of the English league. He'll get pushed around really easily and I think a lot of people will think he's a bust because of that.

He gets compared to Luka simply because of their size but they couldn't be more different. Luka was never a goal scorer. Halilovic is and he's more technically gifted. If you want to see his technical side a bit, he put it on display during the last Croatia friendly v. Portugal.

Really, he has the talent to ONE DAY be considered one of the best players on the planet, but he's years away from realizing that. If he was smart he would stay in the Croatian domestic league and stay with Dinamo till he was 20/21 who have a great track record of developing players and then move to a more technical league (he'd be FANTASTIC in Germany, Spain). I think a move to Spurs, to me at least, is the dumbest thing he could do because of the league he's choosing. That's my two cents on it.
I agree with your points, especially the luka. luka is a regista, or can play there, while halilovic, from what i've seen, is a goal scoring wing, similar to messi actually when messi was younger. halilovic won't be joining us until next summer, in which time it's rumoured he'll be loaned back to dinamo for a year or half year. the cb would be coming here in january but i'm not sure about him being loaned back to dinamo. he will get loaned for sure though, to a championship side, or maybe even a low PL side.

given the structuring of the deals and the loans, now would you say it`s ok for his career? i mean really, of all the other top 4 clubs, spurs aren't known to be talent killers like chelsea and city. united does a fair job, as does le arse, as do spurs
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #8399 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
5 players of lower talent? Why not 2-3 players of quality? I thought Spurs were so great at evaluating talent. Cavani is overrated.

Well we'll see I guess.
we are. 2-3 quality players won't make up for one bale. bale is a top 5 player in the world, arguably top 3 (I consider him top 5) and you can't replace that with merely quantity, even if they are quality.

it's like if barcelona lost one of messi, iniesta, or xavi. good luck replacing him, and they CAN get players of cavani's ilk, while we can't
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #8400 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Soccer Memes - Article: BREAKING: Striker agrees personal terms with Chelsea and agrees 5 year contract - LockerDome

not sure how reliable it is.

but this is what bugs me a lot, and happens a lot in today's game.

Quote:
The Blues are however currently unwilling to activate the former Palermo forward’s reported €63m (£53.9m) release clause.

Cavani is hoping his side reduce their price-tag expectations and is set to meet with Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis to discuss the situation.
you want a player? pay the fee asked for, or fuck off. don't force their hand by tapping up the player. madrid and barca always do this. now chelsea
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 01:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 02:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 01:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 06:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 07:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24