World Soccer Thread - Page 414
Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #8261 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Lovren is overrated. Way overrated.
I know he's a nut case but talent wise do you really think he's overrated? he's been real good whenever I've seen him play, and I watch quite a bit of lyon
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #8262 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,063
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

If you watch a lot of Lyon then you'd know he was rated on some occasions as one of the worst defenders on the team during certain games. I watch Nancy, so I pay attention to Ligue 1 enough. Maybe you're seeing something else than what I saw when I saw him play.

He looks fine against Ligue 1 competition. I think he'll struggle in the EPL. He should've gone to Germany.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #8263 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
If you watch a lot of Lyon then you'd know he was rated on some occasions as one of the worst defenders on the team during certain games. I watch Nancy, so I pay attention to Ligue 1 enough. Maybe you're seeing something else than what I saw when I saw him play.

He looks fine against Ligue 1 competition. I think he'll struggle in the EPL. He should've gone to Germany.
I know he wasn't 100 percent consistent, but then again most defenders, especially CB's aren't at the tender age of 23. I don't think he was ready for a move either, but he's had a blowout with the team (according to my brother the lyon fan) and so he was sold since he was a cancer in the dressing room. it's a shame because a couple or few more years in ligue 1 and he could have turned out to be a real top notch CB, imo
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #8264 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Good result against Uruguay today for Espana. Suarez' free kick sure had a lot of bite though Going to be weird seeing Alonso not with the squad (out for at least another month). Also, an actual 9 played today - Soldado.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #8265 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Good result against Uruguay today for Espana. Suarez' free kick sure had a lot of bite though Going to be weird seeing Alonso not with the squad (out for at least another month). Also, an actual 9 played today - Soldado.
future spur
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #8266 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
future spur
Not impossible.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #8267 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

i CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT! THOSE PRICK ASS MOTHER FUCKER SHAMELESS QATARIANS CAN SUCK MY DICK. you let in 5 in the last 30 mins, the exact amount for uzbacks to go through if we tie??? well guess what you bitch ass fuckers, we FUCKING WON, facing SOUTH KOREA, IN SOUTH KOREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy fuck I can't control myself, ipknegojwnegoqnfpiGn. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!

I'd say this is as big as that australia game back in '98. oujgnouwengoweng



now the question is: do I cancel my semester in france to go to rio?

damn.. this will be the hardest decision I've ever had to make
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #8268 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Back to Back u21 European Champions
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #8269 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

If Real get Paulinho I will be puzzled, angry, shocked and frustrated.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #8270 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
If Real get Paulinho I will be puzzled, angry, shocked and frustrated.
thought he was going to Spuds
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #8271 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
thought he was going to Spuds
He should be but Ancelotti might make a bid. I really don't get the appeal. There's Khedira, Modric, Xabi, Casemiro, Alex, Jose Rodriguez, not to mention Pepe and Albiol can play CDM too. In addition, he's not even "young" either - he turns 25 this year.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #8272 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
He should be but Ancelotti might make a bid. I really don't get the appeal. There's Khedira, Modric, Xabi, Casemiro, Alex, Jose Rodriguez, not to mention Pepe and Albiol can play CDM too. In addition, he's not even "young" either - he turns 25 this year.
he is overrated. would like to see him in a Spuds uniform.

Alcantara to ManU. Isco to Real.

PSG finally got a Manager... Laurent Blanc. Don't know why the PSG owners are in love with Wenger.

looks like KDB and Lukaku will be staying at Stamford Bridge

----------------------Lukaku/Torres/Ba--------------------------
Hazard/Schurrle--------Oscar/Mata--------De Bruyne/Moses
-----------Ramires/Lampard-----Mikel/Essien------------------
Cole/Bertrand---Luiz/Terry----Ivanovic/Cahill-----Dave-------
-----------------------------Cech---------------------------------

Last edited by Windex; 06-21-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #8273 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

blanc is a great coach. he coached that bordeaux team that was playing amazing football before they imploded.

madrid is doing this just to try and force our hand to sell bale, so that they back off paulinho so we can get him. madrid is a fucking disgraceful club. first the tapping up of bale (which is illegal by regulations mind you) and now this. piss poor. fuck them. we'll never sell to them now. pricks

lukaku will be real good. give him time, I think he'll explode once he hits 23, the "magical age" of strikers barring messi and aguero
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #8274 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
blanc is a great coach. he coached that bordeaux team that was playing amazing football before they imploded.

madrid is doing this just to try and force our hand to sell bale, so that they back off paulinho so we can get him. madrid is a fucking disgraceful club. first the tapping up of bale (which is illegal by regulations mind you) and now this. piss poor. fuck them. we'll never sell to them now. pricks

lukaku will be real good. give him time, I think he'll explode once he hits 23, the "magical age" of strikers barring messi and aguero
I don't want Bale or Paulinho (just like how I didn't want Luka). You're being quite harsh- I think your hate should go towards Perez as he's the one who does the crazy and expensive signings.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #8275 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
he is overrated. would like to see him in a Spuds uniform.

Alcantara to ManU. Isco to Real.

PSG finally got a Manager... Laurent Blanc. Don't know why the PSG owners are in love with Wenger.

looks like KDB and Lukaku will be staying at Stamford Bridge

----------------------Lukaku/Torres/Ba--------------------------
Hazard/Schurrle--------Oscar/Mata--------De Bruyne/Moses
-----------Ramires/Lampard-----Mikel/Essien------------------
Cole/Bertrand---Luiz/Terry----Ivanovic/Cahill-----Dave-------
-----------------------------Cech---------------------------------
Word is Isco is going to City and it would actually be better for him as much as I hate to say it.

How about Marin, Azpi and Romeu?
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #8276 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I don't want Bale or Paulinho (just like how I didn't want Luka). You're being quite harsh- I think your hate should go towards Perez as he's the one who does the crazy and expensive signings.
sure I hate perez. but madrid is the club with the power to let perez do as he does. plus it's not only perez who's tapped up bale. zizou, etc. it's the whole culture of madrid and barca (to a lesser effect but still there).

they feel entitles to everything and so tap up players to not pay as much. you want our prized possesion? stop getting in the way of our transfers and selling a world class striker to and therefore improving our arch rival, and pay the goddamn fee we think he's worth. either shit or get off the pot

Last edited by pzabby; 06-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #8277 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Word is Isco is going to City and it would actually be better for him as much as I hate to say it.

How about Marin, Azpi and Romeu?
we could've had isco last summer for a reported 15 million

we bid 8 and they rejected
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #8278 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
we could've had isco last summer for a reported 15 million

we bid 8 and they rejected
Yeah - why would Malaga accept that? the summer before they had bought him for 6 million euros. Also, with Santi leaving them they'd need Isco even more. If Spurs really wanted him they should've matched his 6 million euro buyout clause which Malaga did from Valencia in the summer of 2011. Now he'll probably go to City for around or more than 30 million euros.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #8279 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
sure I hate perez. but madrid is the club with the power to let perez do as he does. plus it's not only perez who's tapped up bale. zizou, etc. it's the whole culture of madrid and barca (to a lesser effect but still there).

they feel entitles to everything and so tap up players to not pay as much. you want our prized possesion? stop getting in the way of our transfers and selling a world class striker to and therefore improving our arch rival, and pay the goddamn fee we think he's worth. either shit or get off the pot
Zizou has praised Bale in the media/press/publicly. Perez started the Galactico era and suffice to say - it has been a failure.

Um, Perez is willing to pay 70-80 million euros for a guy who's only reached the 20 goal barrier once (this past season). If I were Levy I'd be hardpressed to reject an offer like that. Um, Gonzalo to Arsenal is not guaranteed but if they reach a transfer fee which is fair for both Arsenal and Real and Gonzalo is willing to go there - why not? That's Real/Arsenal's affairs - not the business of Spurs. I remember Chelsea were willing to spend mad money (what- like 50 or 60 million euros) for Luka. However Spurs wouldn't do that because they're "rivals" - should've accepted that deal. Instead, spurs kept a disgruntled Luka and then got less money than they could have gotten prior.

In terms of buying players at a "reduced" price - best look at Barca. Real were willing to offer 60-70 million euros for Cesc. Barca needless to say, got him for peanuts.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #8280 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,144
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Zizou has praised Bale in the media/press/publicly. Perez started the Galactico era and suffice to say - it has been a failure.

Um, Perez is willing to pay 70-80 million euros for a guy who's only reached the 20 goal barrier once (this past season). If I were Levy I'd be hardpressed to reject an offer like that. Um, Gonzalo to Arsenal is not guaranteed but if they reach a transfer fee which is fair for both Arsenal and Real and Gonzalo is willing to go there - why not? That's Real/Arsenal's affairs - not the business of Spurs. I remember Chelsea were willing to spend mad money (what- like 50 or 60 million euros) for Luka. However Spurs wouldn't do that because they're "rivals" - should've accepted that deal. Instead, spurs kept a disgruntled Luka and then got less money than they could have gotten prior.

In terms of buying players at a "reduced" price - best look at Barca. Real were willing to offer 60-70 million euros for Cesc. Barca needless to say, got him for peanuts.
bale is a lot more dangerous than just his goal scoring ability. he's a fantastic all around player, and justifiably so worth the prices being thrown around. bale is worth 100 million to us. 80 million is a crazy amount of money yeah, but it's not like we can go and get cavani with it. why would he come when we just sold our best player? bale is worth a lot for his footballing skills, marketability, and appeal he brings in terms of bringing players in.

why would we sell luka for 40 million pounds, strengthening one of our rivals, on transfer deadline day? we couldn't have brought in a replacement for him within a couple of hours. it'd be a stupid thing to do, and we got 34 million pounds for him the next summer, with time to replace him, without strengthening one of our rivals. luka is a bitch for doing what he did. I lost all respect for him. bale is grounded. he won't do the same. if he does want a transfer he'll ask levy professionally, and levy will see what he can do. if levy can't find a deal worth making, bale will understand and honour his contract. done.

I noted barca is like real in terms of tapping up players too
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 12:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 01:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 12:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 05:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 06:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24