World Soccer Thread - Page 106
Old 07-19-2009, 01:44 AM   #2101 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
Robinho is looking worse every day. With Brazil in the Confecap he looked pathetic to say the least. I always though he deserved a chance to stay in Real or in another big team but right now he looks like a waste of talent in the body of a 12 year old. Pretty sad. He is still pretty young to change his ways but it doesnt look good. He is too lazy.
Both Ronaldinho, Falcao and C.Ronaldo claim Robinho is the best dribbler in the world. He has skill on the pitch cannot be matched and he has moments of brilliance. You put 9 other guys in the outfield that work hard... and you need a guy like robinho as well.

Besides... I'm a Vince Carter fan Bel... Skill over hard work 7 out of 7 days of the week .

No one is born dribbling the soccer ball.. he's practiced and mastered it.

  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #2102 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

Ronaldinho (when he cared enough), Cristiano, Messi, Iniesta are 345018354134 times better in game dribblers than him. Robinho doesnt have the body that can support those skills. All that dribbling works in the Brazilian league, but in Europe, phisical defender eat him alive. You need strong and fast legs to go by them. I remember his first game with Real, looked good, but nothing, he has improved 0 since he arrived. He is not a good finisher either, he imitates Henrys way of finishing plays with a lot of style but doesnt have the killing instinct to score and misses a lot. He is still a promise wich is sad since he should be a player thats almost completely developed, he needs to learn a thing or a hundred from Messi, Cristiano and Iniesta.

Just like Real was, Man City will be screwed if they think he is the player to take them foward. Things can change though. He has the tools to be one of the best, the question is if he has the mentality. People can hate C.Ronaldo but what makes his so good is his ambition to try to be the best and that he gets it through hard work, not only natural talent.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #2103 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default


Second goal of this video is an example of what Robinho should be able to do with his skills but can because he lacks the body and the killer insticts. BTW watching that video makes me sad. Him and Zidane are probably the two best players I have seen in my life but he just stopped caring. Sad.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #2104 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

so Canada us out of the Gold Cup after losing 1-0 to Honduras. Problem being that it was a completely bullshit penalty call that got the goal for Honduras.

Granted, Canada really should have scored a couple of times, so it's their fault for not doing enough, but to be kicked out of a tournament for poor officiating is beyond frustrating.

Honestly, i hate Concacaf. HATE IT. Central American teams and their tactics, and the PATHETIC officiating that goes along with it is disgusting.

Good thing that i don't have to watch the Fool's Gold Cup anymore.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #2105 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,025
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

I'll say it right now. I hate Man City.

Fuck, I hate the fact that the game now is all about purchasing players but not actually developing players.

Screw the big 4 teams in the EPL for setting the precedent and just trying to outspend one another. I know, I'm an Arsenal fan, but we're just as guilty as everyone else in this.

I just want to scream right now.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #2106 (permalink)
confused why the raptors are so consistantly inconsistant

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 843
Representing:
Default

So is Elano gonna get time to play?
the_ raps_analyst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #2107 (permalink)
:(

Raptors/ChelseaFC/Cowboys
 
CripwalkinK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 335
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I'll say it right now. I hate Man City.

Fuck, I hate the fact that the game now is all about purchasing players but not actually developing players.

Screw the big 4 teams in the EPL for setting the precedent and just trying to outspend one another. I know, I'm an Arsenal fan, but we're just as guilty as everyone else in this.

I just want to scream right now.
Lol, don't worry about Man City. That squad is a joke and they'll barely crack the top 6.

And I feel bad for you being an Arsenal fan.
CripwalkinK is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #2108 (permalink)
confused why the raptors are so consistantly inconsistant

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 843
Representing:
Default

Isnt it weird that Man City only paid 7 more million for Adebayor than they did for Santa Cruz. Adebayor is a heck of a lot better and much younger.
the_ raps_analyst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #2109 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

wow. I didn't realize that Adebayor got bought by Man city. Crazy.

The amount of buying and selling this offseason really has been staggering. Can someone remind me when the summer transfer window ends?

BTW. It just occurred to me that the season starts in less than a month.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #2110 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
wow. I didn't realize that Adebayor got bought by Man city. Crazy.

The amount of buying and selling this offseason really has been staggering. Can someone remind me when the summer transfer window ends?

BTW. It just occurred to me that the season starts in less than a month.


Im always thinking how much it sucks that the NBA takes such a long vacation so I forget soccer is back so soon!

BTW, tommorrow first Real game.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #2111 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

I think august 31 every year if I remember correctly.

Haven't really followed the tranfer news, I didn't even know they bought Santa Cruz too.

I saw the penalty that eliminated Canada on CNN btw. It was as clearcut an example you'll ever see that video assistance is necessary. I didn't even think the ref was to blaim so much because the defender suddenly put his hands up - towards the ball (to make believe he didn't foul the attacking player, which he did actually - but lightly) and the ball diverted, so I can imagine him making that mistake.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #2112 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
I think august 31 every year if I remember correctly.

Haven't really followed the tranfer news, I didn't even know they bought Santa Cruz too.

I saw the penalty that eliminated Canada on CNN btw. It was as clearcut an example you'll ever see that video assistance is necessary. I didn't even think the ref was to blaim so much because the defender suddenly put his hands up - towards the ball (to make believe he didn't foul the attacking player, which he did actually - but lightly) and the ball diverted, so I can imagine him making that mistake.
what? you think it was a handball?

I don't think so.

It was a horrible call.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #2113 (permalink)
a Rhymenoceros

Senior Member
 
NaturallyStoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 595
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
what? you think it was a handball?

I don't think so.

It was a horrible call.
I think he means Stalteri was slightly tugging at Honduras' guy. What i saw was both guys pulling at each other's shirts, so yeah awful decision. That's Concacaf refereeing for you.
NaturallyStoned is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #2114 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
what? you think it was a handball?

I don't think so.

It was a horrible call.
Ehm... is my English that bad?
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #2115 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyStoned View Post
I think he means Stalteri was slightly tugging at Honduras' guy. What i saw was both guys pulling at each other's shirts, so yeah awful decision. That's Concacaf refereeing for you.
I didn't see Stalteri tugging. It looked like he was about to and then he stopped just before - raising his hands in defense. Plus the Honduran was going for a bicycle kick and was going down by himself.

It WAS an awful decision.

I thought Gerba played like shit.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #2116 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
Ehm... is my English that bad?
yeah sorry - i wasn't really sure what you were alluding to. At first i thought you were saying it was a good call.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #2117 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

I mentioned that because I think the raising of the hands played a big part in the perception of the referee. Not because I thought he should have whistled for tugging.

Which he did imo, tugging, but to the extent that is condoned in soccer. In the NBA a foul would have been called.

edit: nvm

Btw, I think mistakes like that don't only happen in the ConCaCaf, sadly.

Last edited by Mr4thQuarter; 07-19-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #2118 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

I agree with you Bel (wow that sounded wierd). Ronaldinho is amazing (have his blue jersey - Brazil). He said he'll step up his game next year and I'm intrigued at seeing one of the greatest ever start training again.

As for Robinho, I never said he was strong enough to lead a team like c.ronaldo, or will be a good captain. But he has magical ability on the ball once every ten minutes that no one can stop. You put him around a team that works hard and he'll be a diamond.

And as for the man.city haters? Why? Did you hate them last year? Or you hate the fact that they are buying players... in which case.. you hate their management?

There is barely such thing as a team anymore.. it's a player's league. You follow players now.. Man City this year is completely different from last year so I don't know how anyone can "hate" them all of a sudden. Thankfully for me, chelsea has started the same starters for a while now and are coming back pretty much in tact.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #2119 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
There is barely such thing as a team anymore.. it's a player's league. You follow players now.. Man City this year is completely different from last year so I don't know how anyone can "hate" them all of a sudden. Thankfully for me, chelsea has started the same starters for a while now and are coming back pretty much in tact.
No.... You might follow players. I certainly don't.

I can appreciate a player's individual skill, but i have no ties to that. for me, it's always been about the crest.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #2120 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,025
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
I agree with you Bel (wow that sounded wierd). Ronaldinho is amazing (have his blue jersey - Brazil). He said he'll step up his game next year and I'm intrigued at seeing one of the greatest ever start training again.

As for Robinho, I never said he was strong enough to lead a team like c.ronaldo, or will be a good captain. But he has magical ability on the ball once every ten minutes that no one can stop. You put him around a team that works hard and he'll be a diamond.

And as for the man.city haters? Why? Did you hate them last year? Or you hate the fact that they are buying players... in which case.. you hate their management?

There is barely such thing as a team anymore.. it's a player's league. You follow players now.. Man City this year is completely different from last year so I don't know how anyone can "hate" them all of a sudden. Thankfully for me, chelsea has started the same starters for a while now and are coming back pretty much in tact.
No, I've actually disliked them for quite some time. I hate them because they're becoming the new Newcaste. Quit being so arrogant.

And fancy said it best. You may follow it as a player's league. I follow it as a team's league as I've only cheered for one team in the EPL (Arsenal) since the days of Bergkamp.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK has the world gone mad? jeffb NBA Talk 20 07-03-2009 12:15 PM
CB4 at Nash's Soccer Game in NYC Acie Toronto Raptors 5 07-02-2009 01:24 PM
Hockey, Soccer, NCAA Basketball?? Superjudge Toronto Raptors 4 09-17-2008 12:14 PM
Where did my soccer thread go? MikeToronto Toronto Raptors 8 06-25-2008 05:26 PM
If you like soccer... Belsius Other Sports 8 02-12-2008 06:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24