Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Other Sports (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/)
-   -   Vancouver's Green Men (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/vancouvers-green-men-20152.html)

Claudius 05-04-2011 04:28 PM

Vancouver's Green Men
 
Awesome or Not awesome?

I personally love them and enjoy it.

Bill Haverchuck 05-04-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 535641)
Awesome or Not awesome?

I personally love them and enjoy it.

Based on what I've seen from them, and speaking as a fan, I think they are awesome. I think it's kind of funny how the opposing teams are complaining about their goofy behaviour. As NBA fans, I think we might have a higher threshold as to what constitutes crossing the acceptable conduct line, especially given that a few NBA fans, who are sitting behind the opposing team's net, will often be doing something pretty crazy to distract players shooting free throws.

Dark Knight 05-04-2011 05:06 PM

Remember those fan-umpires that used to show up at Jays games? These green guys are just as awesome in my books. :yeah:

DDUnreal 05-04-2011 05:56 PM

F'ing halarious

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 05-04-2011 06:02 PM

I think they're funny like the rest of you. See no problem with what they do.

thought 05-04-2011 06:14 PM

hilarious

Chiggmo 05-04-2011 08:49 PM

Funny people, but I personally don't care due to my extreme biased to the Canucks as I dislike them.

Claudius 05-05-2011 09:27 AM

I ask this, because apparently the NHL wants to ban them and Glenn Healy had a meltdown regarding them and how hockey players don't want a crotch in their face.

I'm surprised the NHL even cares.

Acie 05-05-2011 09:31 AM

Glenn Healy is an even worse commentator than he was as a netminder.

The NHL should be thankful to have such passionate fans.

jeffb 05-05-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 535830)
I ask this, because apparently the NHL wants to ban them and Glenn Healy had a meltdown regarding them and how hockey players don't want a crotch in their face.

I'm surprised the NHL even cares.

Glenn Healy is a douchebag. Seriously, stuff like this is hilarious and is harmless. It shows passion and I also don't understand the problem with it. It's not as if they're jumping in the penalty box with players right?

fancylad 05-05-2011 10:11 AM

weird. I never thought the NHL head office was possible of passing bad judgement. ;)

Shadowfax 05-05-2011 10:57 AM

correct me if i'm wrong but weren't they banned from touching the glass ?

if that's true then i don't know how they can let other fans bang on the glass while these two guys can't
it's discrimination against green people

oh and btw...how the hell do they drink they're beer in those things ?


Quote:

Remember those fan-umpires that used to show up at Jays games?
if i'm not mistaken, i think those 2 guys originated in Boston (could be wrong though)


VanCity 05-06-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk (Post 535852)
correct me if i'm wrong but weren't they banned from touching the glass ?

if that's true then i don't know how they can let other fans bang on the glass while these two guys can't
it's discrimination against green people

oh and btw...how the hell do they drink they're beer in those things ?

YouTube - The Green Men at the Playoffs Vs the LA Kings



if i'm not mistaken, i think those 2 guys originated in Boston (could be wrong though)

YouTube - Two Guys Dressed As Umpires Behind Plate At Fenway Park, 9/29/2009

yep...and its a fucking joke...

i really hope they get the other fans to bang on the glass to get attention while they do their thing...

and healy is a douchebag, period

Chiggmo 05-06-2011 05:57 AM

Healy is a fucking idiot, which is why I turn off my TV or change the channel every time he's on it.

fancylad 05-06-2011 05:17 PM

Glen Healy and Pierre Maguire should have a show that's just them talking/ranting for the whole episode.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24