Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after car accident - Page 9
Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #161 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,552
Representing:
Default

you guys are making this so black and white... theres so many shades of gray in this topic.
would you cheat on your partner? it is IMPOSSIBLE to simply answer yes or no.
the circumstances, your position in life,... everything changes, nothing is constant.
you could say theres no way i'd cheat, but 10 years from now you might. 10 years from now your partner may not appeal to you anymore, or 10 years from now you may have a midlife crisis.
its just like the question; would you kill another human being?
i'm assuming we'd all say no, never... i know i wouldnt, yet if a had a kid and a pedophile did something to him/her - you bet your life i would kill.
its all circumstances and situations.
theres no yes or no answer to this.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #162 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,682
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renihan_00 View Post
If you want an example to ask little kids.

"I'll never smoke"
"I'd never steal from someone"
"I'd never lie"

AND THEY ALL FUCKING DO IT!

You have no control, nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!
and you've hit the nail right on the head. they're children. part of being an adult is learning that there is more in life than immediate emotional reaction. and when you either don't learn that or you decide it is not for you (both are fine) then you don't make long-term committments unless you are ok with being deceitful.

all of that is a matter of choice. saying you are a slave to your emotional reactions is just a lazy cop-out.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #163 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
no doubt, but i highly doubt i would be so overcome with emotion from meeting some stranger that i would gladly give up the commitment i made to my wife whom i love dearly. there's a big gap between rage and infatuation.

i understand emotional reactions in trying emotional circumstances, but extreme emotional distress is one thing and drunken hook-ups are another. something in between - well, i can only trust that i'm not such a slave to tiny and temporary emotional hiccups that i would give up on a far more emotional promise. what's to say that some brief emotion felt for some stranger or acquaintance would be any stronger than the deep emotional hold that i have for my committed relationship?
EXACTLY.

Marry me 'trane! Damn the law!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #164 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,682
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
you guys are making this so black and white... theres so many shades of gray in this topic.
would you cheat on your partner? it is IMPOSSIBLE to simply answer yes or no.
the circumstances, your position in life,... everything changes, nothing is constant.
you could say theres no way i'd cheat, but 10 years from now you might. 10 years from now your partner may not appeal to you anymore, or 10 years from now you may have a midlife crisis.
its just like the question; would you kill another human being?
i'm assuming we'd all say no, never... i know i wouldnt, yet if a had a kid and a pedophile did something to him/her - you bet your life i would kill.
its all circumstances and situations.
theres no yes or no answer to this.

if my partner had no appeal to me 10 years from now, or if i had decided our relationship wasn't giving me what i needed, i would talk to her about that and agree to do something about it (like move on/divorce/change, etc). i owe her at least that much after 22 years of fidelity and honesty. i promise you that i would not just cheat. i know that with 100% certainty.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #165 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Sweet. Can you put that on your blog now and tell all your girl friends please? Might save me lots of money on Viagra in the future.
I actually WOULD put that on my blog.

Cept it might get awkward when my mom reads it.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #166 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,552
Representing:
Default

funny story, i once tried viagra to impress a girl i was seeing (because she was a pro in the sack and i couldnt last more than 5 minutes. so what, fuck you!).
anyway, all i have to say is that little blue pill made me superman. she's probably still smiling and this was over a year ago.



too much info?
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #167 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
if my partner had no appeal to me 10 years from now, or if i had decided our relationship wasn't giving me what i needed, i would talk to her about that and agree to do something about it (like move on/divorce/change, etc). i owe her at least that much after 22 years of fidelity and honesty. i promise you that i would not just cheat. i know that with 100% certainty.
I like that you answer these.

Saves me from explaining.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #168 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
funny story, i once tried viagra to impress a girl i was seeing (because she was a pro in the sack and i couldnt last more than 5 minutes. so what, fuck you!).
anyway, all i have to say is that little blue pill made me superman. she's probably still smiling and this was over a year ago.



too much info?
Heh-heh.... this isn't the olympics buddy... and there's no pee test.... if PEDs can win you a gold medal and a glowing review then I say DO IT!!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #169 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
funny story, i once tried viagra to impress a girl i was seeing (because she was a pro in the sack and i couldnt last more than 5 minutes. so what, fuck you!).
anyway, all i have to say is that little blue pill made me superman. she's probably still smiling and this was over a year ago.



too much info?
You've been way too much info on this entire thread!
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #170 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

I'm done in here because this is reminding me of arguments I get in over religion.

You have your "belief" that you won't cheat. That is unmovable to you, having a logical discussion with you won't change your mind. This is not a logic vs. logic debate.

This is a belief vs. logic debate.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #171 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
funny story, i once tried viagra to impress a girl i was seeing (because she was a pro in the sack and i couldnt last more than 5 minutes. so what, fuck you!).
anyway, all i have to say is that little blue pill made me superman. she's probably still smiling and this was over a year ago.



too much info?
HAHAHAHA NO!

That's fucking hilarious.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #172 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,682
Representing:
Default

my whole point is that it is precisely about logic, and the ability of logic to overcome emotions. your whole point is a belief that we are slaves to our emotions and not capable of logic. if anything, it is the inverse of your arguments about religion.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #173 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renihan_00 View Post
I'm done in here because this is reminding me of arguments I get in over religion.

You have your "belief" that you won't cheat. That is unmovable to you, having a logical discussion with you won't change your mind. This is not a logic vs. logic debate.

This is a belief vs. logic debate.
For you to believe (because, with a couple exceptions, we really don't know each other outside of here) that we'd cheat, you'd have to admit that there's never been a human being who's gone through his or her life without cheating.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #174 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
For you to believe (because, with a couple exceptions, we really don't know each other outside of here) that we'd cheat, you'd have to admit that there's never been a human being who's gone through his or her life without cheating.
(I'm not sure if I understand 100% what you're saying but I think I do)

The issue here is that we are dealing in hypotheticals. Whether or not someone has done something in the past could be because they were never given the opportunity or the opportunity that I theorize would turn them into a cheater.

So for me to believe, you would have to find me a person that has had every hypothetical in front of them and said no.

This is impossible, not enough time. So I can't be moved off my marker either.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #175 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,749
Representing:
Default

Aar is full of shit...he'd cheat in a second.

The truth is, no women want him.



Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #176 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
my whole point is that it is precisely about logic, and the ability of logic to overcome emotions. your whole point is a belief that we are slaves to our emotions and not capable of logic. if anything, it is the inverse of your arguments about religion.
I see where you are coming from with your argument. You are saying that I am incorrect that humans are emotionally controlled beings? I didn't think that was up for debate.

You have said you won't cheat no matter what the scenario. You couldn't possible know this. It's illogical.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #177 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Aar is full of shit...he'd cheat in a second.

The truth is, no women want him.



Yeah. I saw him cheating in the bathroom at The Duck.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #178 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renihan_00 View Post
(I'm not sure if I understand 100% what you're saying but I think I do)

The issue here is that we are dealing in hypotheticals. Whether or not someone has done something in the past could be because they were never given the opportunity or the opportunity that I theorize would turn them into a cheater.

So for me to believe, you would have to find me a person that has had every hypothetical in front of them and said no.

This is impossible, not enough time. So I can't be moved off my marker either.
Ok then, a pro athlete. While rare, I'm sure there are a few who have remained faithful after having "every hypothetical in front of them." Or a rockstar, or a billionaire, etc.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #179 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Yeah. I saw him cheating in the bathroom at The Duck.
Yeah, and with who? Acie.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #180 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,749
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Yeah. I saw him cheating in the bathroom at The Duck.
I heard that was with himself.

Does that count as cheating?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jose Calderon suing Tiger Woods jeffb Toronto Raptors 2 09-17-2009 07:33 PM
Tiger Woods Coverup Scandal Apollo Entertainment Lounge 20 08-05-2009 05:05 PM
Jose Calderon sues Tiger Woods Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 16 05-09-2008 01:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24