Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Other Sports (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/)
-   -   Superbowl. (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/superbowl-6110.html)

TORaptor4Ever 01-29-2009 06:55 PM

Superbowl.
 
So I just found out that the coach of the Steelers is 32 years old.

:confused2:

Holy crap. How the hell did he get that job so young?

He'll be the youngest ever to win one if they pull it off.

I'm eager to see what the Steeler defense does with Warner & Mr. "I can catch anything" Fitzgerald.

Gurk 01-29-2009 07:43 PM

Isn't he like 38.
BTW I know the Steelers will win but I want Arizona to win

LX 01-29-2009 08:16 PM

Kurt must lose, but with my luck he'll probably win.

dfunkie1 01-29-2009 08:20 PM

i don't wanna see kurt win another superbowl, but i'd love to see zona win. they've been so pathetic for so long it gives me hope as a falcons fan.

seriously though, what god does kurt prey to that gets him to play with the best wide-outs in the game all the damn time.

Dr. J. Naismith 01-29-2009 08:36 PM

Gooooo Zona .... Can't stand the Steelers, so by default I'm cheering for the Cards. :D

XiaominWu 01-29-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 132327)
Gooooo Zona .... Can't stand the Steelers, so by default I'm cheering for the Cards. :D

+1

I love the uniforms! So pretty.

Acie 01-29-2009 09:54 PM

I can't stand Kurt Warner.

Go Steelers!

Windex 01-30-2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 132327)
Gooooo Zona .... Can't stand the Steelers, so by default I'm cheering for the Cards. :D

Why can't you stand the Steelers, is it because they win. I always like great defensive teams (Ravens/Bucs/Steelers).
Fitzgerald is a great guy, the best WR in the league and he's willing to take a playcut to keep some of his teammates.

I just want a good game, I don't care who wins

BTW Obama is supporting the Steelers

Windex 01-30-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 132261)
So I just found out that the coach of the Steelers is 32 years old.

:confused2:

Holy crap. How the hell did he get that job so young?

He'll be the youngest ever to win one if they pull it off.

I'm eager to see what the Steeler defense does with Warner & Mr. "I can catch anything" Fitzgerald.

Tomlin is 36, hired at 34

now head coaches are getting younger

Josh McDaniels (Broncos) is 32
Raheem Morris (Bucs) is 32
Eric Mangini (Browns) 38

young coaches that were successful
John Madden 32
Don Shula 33
Bill Cowher 34
Mike Shanahan 35

MangoKidHoops 01-30-2009 10:26 AM

I hate the Steelers simply because I'm a Ravens fan. Truthfully, I really don't care who wins - I just want to see a good game that comes down to the wire.

INSIDER 01-30-2009 10:32 AM

i love the matchup actually.
Offense vs Defense.
problem is; defense usually always wins.... so steelers are the definite favorites.
i tell you what though, if Warner is on and he gets that offense flowing, it'll be a damn good game.

Acie 01-30-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops (Post 132634)
I hate the Steelers simply because I'm a Ravens fan. Truthfully, I really don't care who wins - I just want to see a good game that comes down to the wire.

Were you a Browns fan?

MangoKidHoops 01-30-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 132639)
i love the matchup actually.
Offense vs Defense.
problem is; defense usually always wins.... so steelers are the definite favorites.
i tell you what though, if Warner is on and he gets that offense flowing, it'll be a damn good game.

Defense doesn't always win. A few years ago the Colts beat the Bears - who had the best D in the league.

Raptorman 01-30-2009 10:43 AM

Been getting together with my volleyball buddies for the past 15 years. We play a game in the snow all afternoon then come in to watch the game.

I can remember most of the snow games and very few of the SB games.

It's the only NFL game I watch all year.

INSIDER 01-30-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops (Post 132647)
Defense doesn't always win. A few years ago the Colts beat the Bears - who had the best D in the league.

Rex Grossman, Hoops.... Rex Grossman.
that is all.

Windex 01-30-2009 10:44 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/...6d1065.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3333/...f8ac1c.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3302/...9c0fbc.jpg?v=0

MangoKidHoops 01-30-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 132652)
Rex Grossman, Hoops.... Rex Grossman.
that is all.


Rex Grossman had a career year that year - and the running game was solid.

XiaominWu 01-30-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TO2988 (Post 132495)
Why can't you stand the Steelers,

Yeah... that pretty much sums up why. :face4:

Windex 01-30-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XiaominWu (Post 132700)
Yeah... that pretty much sums up why. :face4:

is it because they have passionate fans? 'cause I don't see the problem with that.
The game will be a home field advantage for the Steelers.
I'm rooting for both the Steelers and the Cards, I just want a good game

INSIDER 01-30-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops (Post 132656)
Rex Grossman had a career year that year - and the running game was solid.

if you call 23 TD's and 20 INT's, with a 73% rating a career year then i dont know what a bad year would be.
SEXY REXY LOL.

he stunk. he'd just launch the ball into the air and hope for the best.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24