Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Other Sports (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/)
-   -   Scott Hall The Wrestler ESPN E60 (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/scott-hall-wrestler-espn-e60-22258.html)

Nites 02-20-2012 12:00 AM

Scott Hall The Wrestler ESPN E60
 
Drug addiction story



DVS 02-20-2012 03:01 AM

Very sad. He revolutionized wrestling. Those were the times I actually watched it

fancylad 02-20-2012 09:17 AM

i saw this a while back and found it pretty interesting.

I don't get why his son is going into wrestling though or why he would want to.

INSIDER 02-20-2012 10:03 AM

My favorite wrestler of all time.
Saw this a few months ago and was really upset. Such a sad story.

Acie 02-20-2012 11:07 AM

Brutal.

Windex 02-20-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 617760)
i saw this a while back and found it pretty interesting.

I don't get why his son is going into wrestling though or why he would want to.

More than half of the wrestlers today come from wrestling families... you'd think with all they saw and lived through a different career would be better

Also, dick move by that wrestling promoter

Nites 02-20-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windex (Post 617790)
More than half of the wrestlers today come from wrestling families... you'd think with all they saw and lived through a different career would be better

Also, dick move by that wrestling promoter

Wrestling today is a lot different then what it used to be.

Aar_Canada 02-20-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 617918)
Wrestling today is a lot different then what it used to be.

Very true. They have a lot less of a chance of falling into the same traps. For one, they don't have the schedule they used to. It used to be that they wrestled every night and two shows on Sunday so they were on the road constantly. These days, it's a double taping on Monday and maybe a couple house shows the rest of the week with an overseas tour every few months. They've also eliminated a lot of the concussion-causing moves like pile drivers (harmful when botched), flying headbutts (Chris Benoit) and head-to-chair chair shots. And they're actually pretty stringent with their wellness policy. On top of all of that, it's just not the same type of person who gets into the business nowadays.

Aar_Canada 02-20-2012 11:01 PM

And I don't know what they're talking about - Scott Hall was never as big as Hulk Hogan. Not even close. Steve Austin, yes, but not Scott.

Nites 02-20-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 617956)
And I don't know what they're talking about - Scott Hall was never as big as Hulk Hogan. Not even close. Steve Austin, yes, but not Scott.

In his prime he was a top 5 guy in the WWF in the early to mid 90s.

Bret Hart
Shawn Micheals
Diesel
Razor Ramon
Undertaker

Aar_Canada 02-21-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 617965)
In his prime he was a top 5 guy in the WWF in the early to mid 90s.

Bret Hart
Shawn Micheals
Diesel
Razor Ramon
Undertaker

That was also during a major lull in wrestling's popularity.

DVS 02-21-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 617967)
That was also during a major lull in wrestling's popularity.

He was a founding member of NWO and that was during the WCW/WWF wars quite arguably the most popular time for wrestling

Aar_Canada 02-21-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVS (Post 617976)
He was a founding member of NWO and that was during the WCW/WWF wars quite arguably the most popular time for wrestling

Agreed, but 007 was talking about his WWF years. And the "Monday Night Wars" was two big companies and a crapload of stars. To say he was as big - or bigger - than Hogan, you'd first have to say he was bigger than Austin, which he wasn't. That was my original point. He wasn't even as big as the Rock.

DVS 02-21-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 617989)
Agreed, but 007 was talking about his WWF years. And the "Monday Night Wars" was two big companies and a crapload of stars. To say he was as big - or bigger - than Hogan, you'd first have to say he was bigger than Austin, which he wasn't. That was my original point. He wasn't even as big as the Rock.

I can't argue that.

Windex 02-21-2012 12:30 PM

When WWF changed their name to WWE, things started to go downhill

Only time I watched wrestling was during the attitude era as a 9-14 year old kid... without my parents permission :dancing:
What a rebel I was :cookie:

Nites 02-22-2012 01:42 AM


Nites 02-22-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 617989)
Agreed, but 007 was talking about his WWF years. And the "Monday Night Wars" was two big companies and a crapload of stars. To say he was as big - or bigger - than Hogan, you'd first have to say he was bigger than Austin, which he wasn't. That was my original point. He wasn't even as big as the Rock.

With his time with WCW he usually got one of the loudest pops from the crowd during his promo's and entrances. He was definitely a fan favourite throughout his entire career. That was until he had his mini stint with the WWE Back in 02.

The Rock and Austin owned the wrestling world from 1997-2003. The only guys who reached there popularity were guys like Goldberg and Sting who were were only able to maintain it for 2-3 years before dropping.

DVS 02-22-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 618344)

What a great moment in wrestling. The first time Hogan turns heel. Its amazing that the fans of Toronto turned him babyface one more time.

10 02-22-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVS (Post 618359)
What a great moment in wrestling. The first time Hogan turns heel. Its amazing that the fans of Toronto turned him babyface one more time.

I was at that Wrestlemania in grade 9.

Insane reaction from the crowd, I couldn't believe it.

DVS 02-23-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10gizzle (Post 618377)
I was at that Wrestlemania in grade 9.

Insane reaction from the crowd, I couldn't believe it.

Ya I don't know about now but at the time I was watching wrestling Toronto had a very sophisticated wrestling fan base (if that is possible anyways). Although I do remember going to a Maple Leaf Gardens show and it was at the time when half the crowd thought it was real (including me)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24