Olympic Hockey Thread - Page 7
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #121 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

I'm glad that Slovakia gave it to Canada at the end to make a game of it after the crowd starting chanting "We want USA!" with 9 min left lol..... idiots. Show some class and wait for the last minute at least.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #122 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'm glad that Slovakia gave it to Canada at the end to make a game of it after the crowd starting chanting "We want USA!" with 9 min left lol..... idiots. Show some class and wait for the last minute at least.
Bingo! And the broadcasters were even saying shit, like Pierre McGuire saying the USA don't want to meet Canada. Go Miller Go!!


Last edited by jeffb; 02-27-2010 at 01:03 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #123 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Ye cheering "We want USA" was fcked up...but ppl are too hyped up right now lol...my cousin's friend works for the press down in Vancouver, so he's at every game and he's saying that the energy in the stadium is unbelievable.

I can't wait till Sunday for the rematch

So we can shut up the Americans...and Jeff.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #124 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

I bet we are gonna lose stylll. Silver here we come
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #125 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

I'm guessing the stupid fans chanting we want USA forgot about what happened the last time Canadian fans chanted against the USA team?

Morons.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #126 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I'm guessing the stupid fans chanting we want USA forgot about what happened the last time Canadian fans chanted against the USA team?

Morons.
so your saying the exact same outcome will happen on Sunday?

Canada outplayed the US for most of the game but Miller was solid. But he's not a fcking machine or something, he obviously gets beat once in a while, work on the gameplan a lil bit, play more physical and we're good to go.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #127 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitz64 View Post
so your saying the exact same outcome will happen on Sunday?

Canada outplayed the US for most of the game but Miller was solid. But he's not a fcking machine or something, he obviously gets beat once in a while, work on the gameplan a lil bit, play more physical and we're good to go.

Do you think Canada will outplay them the same way then? Will Miller have to come up as big or even bigger. Not saying Canada will lose or anything, but don't be surprised if Miller steals another game from Canada. Myself at this point it doesn't matter, Gold-Silver whatever? I just know i'm glad that it's almost over and we can all get back to normal soon.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #128 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Do you think Canada will outplay them the same way then? Will Miller have to come up as big or even bigger. Not saying Canada will lose or anything, but don't be surprised if Miller steals another game from Canada. Myself at this point it doesn't matter, Gold-Silver whatever? I just know i'm glad that it's almost over and we can all get back to normal soon.
I guess your right. It's a game, and nothing's ever for certain, there are so many factors uncounted for.

Let's just hope for the best on Sunday. You play to win but no matter what, it's been a great run for the team.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #129 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitz64 View Post
I guess your right. It's a game, and nothing's ever for certain, there are so many factors uncounted for.

Let's just hope for the best on Sunday. You play to win but no matter what, it's been a great run for the team.
You know what i haven't liked about the Olympics has been the fans behaviour. The chanting at the USA hockey players while they were out getting something to eat, the chanting and taunting vs Sweden in the Gold medal game today (BTW we went on to lose vs both teams)....and then tonight the "We want USA" chants.

I hope win or lose sunday the fans show more class.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #130 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

wonder how Canadians will react when the mens team loses on Sunday
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #131 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You know what i haven't liked about the Olympics has been the fans behaviour. The chanting at the USA hockey players while they were out getting something to eat, the chanting and taunting vs Sweden in the Gold medal game today (BTW we went on to lose vs both teams)....and then tonight the "We want USA" chants.

I hope win or lose sunday the fans show more class.
so you don't like having passionate fans?
this happens in any sport where they are crazy about their teams like in Boston, Philly and any passionate soccer base
when it turns to violence is when its unacceptable
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #132 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,096
Representing:
Default

Slovaks gave it to Canada at the end. Luongo stoned Demintra to preserve the victory.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #133 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

We are gonna lose. Well atleast we'll get a silver medal. Miller is too good IMO. Also, hopefully our D is good.
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #134 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
so you don't like having passionate fans?
this happens in any sport where they are crazy about their teams like in Boston, Philly and any passionate soccer base
when it turns to violence is when its unacceptable
Passionate yes. But it's funny that when Canadian fans taunt USA hockey players and the very next night they go out and beat Canada, then curling fans taunt the Sweden skip (while they're losing to Canada) and then Sweden comes from behind and wins gold vs Canada.....tehn with 9 minutes left in a 3-0 game last night the fans start chanting "We want USA" and Canada comes within an eyelash of blowing the game and any chance at the gold. Do you not think that woke up slovakia just a tad?

When Canadian fans taunt opposing players the only people they're motivating is the other team, especially when that said team is USA who are a determined bunch to begin with. Cheer like crazy, go nuts, be the loudest crowds ever...but be a little more mature and respectful. We're not a bunch of drunk soccer hooligans.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #135 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 514
Representing:
Default

Canada vs USA - epic battle with the good guys coming out on top
the most thrilling sports moment that I've seen since the 2002 gold medal game
makes it all the better since it was done in sudden death OT and on home ice

great game team canada.
SoGood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #136 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

As much as I hate Crosby, good to see him score and win it for su. Good game
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #137 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
As much as I hate Crosby

You too?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #138 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

lol yea. He is like Canada's little baby
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #139 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,067
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
lol yea. He is like Canada's little baby
Yeah, and how long before he's no longer a kid.

Sid the Kid is the dumbest nickname in sports.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #140 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Passionate yes. But it's funny that when Canadian fans taunt USA hockey players and the very next night they go out and beat Canada, then curling fans taunt the Sweden skip (while they're losing to Canada) and then Sweden comes from behind and wins gold vs Canada.....tehn with 9 minutes left in a 3-0 game last night the fans start chanting "We want USA" and Canada comes within an eyelash of blowing the game and any chance at the gold. Do you not think that woke up slovakia just a tad?

When Canadian fans taunt opposing players the only people they're motivating is the other team, especially when that said team is USA who are a determined bunch to begin with. Cheer like crazy, go nuts, be the loudest crowds ever...but be a little more mature and respectful. We're not a bunch of drunk soccer hooligans.
A. You have much to learn about soccer fan beyond what you see in the 'popular' media

B. Who the fuck cares about the chants. Seriously. Let them. What, would you rather have them shut up and not be a little cocky. Last time I checked Canadian teams were dominant in both curling and hockey. They may not win every single time, but cockiness comes with territory.

C. To the people who said USA will win (hi Gurk), what happened?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24