Official NHL Thread - Page 37
Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #721 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post
If he's shit, then why do so many people consider him a top-6 forward? Check every scouting report about him, and each one will state that he's good enough to play on the first 2 lines of any hockey club.
Hahhhhhhhhhhh!And the best the loafs could do is a 2nd rounder?? Fuck that.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #722 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

You haven't watched hockey in years, so really, your opinion is kinda null and void in this discussion.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #723 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post
You haven't watched hockey in years, so really, your opinion is kinda null and void in this discussion.
Again, who the fuck said that? First off, i played hockey for 10 years and watched it religiously for nearly 30 years. So if you think i don't know a good/shitty hockey player when i see one,you're null and void.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #724 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Again, who the fuck said that? First off, i played hockey for 10 years and watched it religiously for nearly 30 years. So if you think i don't know a good/shitty hockey player when i see one,you're null and void.

Actually, you said you haven't watched hockey in years. You also said that you think it sucks..and how much you hate it. So, why am I going to take your viewpoint seriously when you say things like that? Sorry man.

Just because you played hockey when you were young doesn't mean you know the game. Shit, just because someone went to school for 25 years, doesn't mean they're smart.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #725 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post
Actually, you said you haven't watched hockey in years. You also said that you think it sucks..and how much you hate it. So, why am I going to take your viewpoint seriously when you say things like that? Sorry man.

Just because you played hockey when you were young doesn't mean you know the game. Shit, just because someone went to school for 25 years, doesn't mean they're smart.
I never said i haven't watched hockey in years.

As for not knowing the game just because you played it. You're proving that, because you seem clueless. So you're saying that watching 30 years of hockey and being raised to play and watch the game is null because i haven't watched much in he last few years. All that because i think Antropov sucks?? Wow that's a pretty big assumption based on my dislike for a fringe player, at best.

Last edited by jeffb; 03-05-2009 at 12:52 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #726 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I never said i haven't watched hockey in years.

As for not knowing the game just because you played it. You're proving that, because you seem clueless. So you're saying that watching 30 years of hockey and being raised to play and watch the game is null because i haven't watched much in he last few years. All that because i think Antropov sucks?? Wow that's a pretty big assumption based on my dislike for a fringe player, at best.

Back peddling is a hell of a thing, Jeff.

Anyways, you think Antropov is a fringe player. I don't think so. The Rangers gave the Leafs 2 draft picks for him. Antropov will flourish in New York. End of story.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #727 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post
Back peddling is a hell of a thing, Jeff.

Anyways, you think Antropov is a fringe player. I don't think so. The Rangers gave the Leafs 2 draft picks for him. Antropov will flourish in New York. End of story.
Back peddling? I guess you think 2+2=5 lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #728 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

A 2nd round pick for Antropov plus a conditional is fair. He'll play well alongside Drury who can feed him the puck.

The idea that more should've been had for Antropov though is absurd.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #729 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,644
Representing:
Default

Leafs won last night. Firs time in 8 games that the game didn't go to OT. Gerber did a good job. He was so close to getting a So too
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #730 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

What's that about Antropov? He played on the powerplay and got an assist in the Rangers win? Oh right..
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #731 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Gerber's a beast ...hopefully given a chance he can make the best of it
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #732 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Antropov is ok.

thats all.

great hands, good size, nice vision.


Poor skater, poor transition, no motivation, make s afew too many lazy plays.

2 seciond rounders is an ok haul for the guy
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #733 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

leafs lose tonight
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #734 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

CG, fancy and TORaptor ..... what's going on with your Habs in firing Guy yesterday?

The Habs are looking like the Senators from last year. Started off the season incredibly strong but are fizzling at the end of the season.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #735 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
CG, fancy and TORaptor ..... what's going on with your Habs in firing Guy yesterday?

The Habs are looking like the Senators from last year. Started off the season incredibly strong but are fizzling at the end of the season.
They were never that good.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #736 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

I think Gary Roberts would be a good fit in that room with all the youngins.
Also, they need a vet backup netminder. They didn't get that and that's why they probably won't get out of the 1st rounder.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #737 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Guy lost the dressing room. He wasn't a great communicator and really alienated himself from Kovalev. Also, he's destroyed Carey Price's confidence and he really never talked to him about anything.

Fans knew something was up when Gainey decided to intervene and said Alexei home. Goaltending isn't the problem. Halak is more than adequate as a back up. We need a veteran in there and it's the reason why Schneider was brought in.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #738 (permalink)
Rye
5 game win streaking

Senior Member
 
Rye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 701
Representing:
Default

I love hockey, but the NHL is by far the worst pro sports league in north america. I went to a senators home playoff game when they were winning 2 years ago, its so boring there the sign says APPLAUSE and people might start clapping for a bit. What kind of passion is that shit? The Ottawa 67's play more entertaining games for 4.00$ entry!
Rye is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #739 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,521
Representing:
Default

CAREY PRICE GOT GUY FIRED! Think about it, Guy was on top of the world, until Carey hit the sophmore wall. Happy trails Guy, hope you find another home soon.

Next up on the chopping block: the Kostytsn brothers
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #740 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,757
Representing:
Default



NHL News | National Post
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official NFL Thread dfunkie1 Other Sports 3127 12-14-2014 06:40 PM
The Official MMA Thread Windex Other Sports 2736 09-06-2014 02:03 AM
The Official RF 'My Brute' Thread TORaptor4Ever Entertainment Lounge 288 06-04-2009 04:58 PM
The Official NBA 2K9 Thread you dont know me Entertainment Lounge 13 12-05-2008 04:04 PM
The Official RF Animals Thread ClingRap Entertainment Lounge 34 11-20-2008 07:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24