Official NCAA Football Thread - Page 25
Old 10-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #481 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Big game tomorrow Windex. Good luck to Texas, hopefully pull off the upset!
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #482 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Big game tomorrow Windex. Good luck to Texas, hopefully pull off the upset!
hope its close with all the key young guys on Texas' offense
I remember we used to get a day off from school on the Friday before the state fair and the triple R
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #483 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Texas looks like tOSU today
supposed to be a 9 win season anyway...
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #484 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Texas looks like tOSU today
supposed to be a 9 win season anyway...
Hey our defense could play better then this! I'm not sure if the offense would have score 3points yet though. It would probably be 14-0 at this point.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #485 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Hey our defense could play better then this! I'm not sure if the offense would have score 3points yet though. It would probably be 14-0 at this point.
tOSU will never play an offense close to Oklahoma all year unless they play the Badgers

Oklahoma/Ok State at the end of the year could be a 100 point game

2 most important games left this year

Nov 5 LSU @ Bama
Dec 3 Sooners @ Ok State

Last edited by Windex; 10-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #486 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
tOSU will never play an offense close to Oklahoma all year unless they play the Badgers

Oklahoma/Ok State at the end of the year could be a 100 point game

2 most important games left this year

Nov 5 LSU @ Bama
Dec 3 Sooners @ Ok State
Got the Badgers in 3 weeks(end of October).
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #487 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Got the Badgers in 3 weeks(end of October).
coming off their toughest game @ MSU Spartans so it could be close. 28-10

This year there is going to be 4 #1 teams

LSU/Bama
Oklahoma/Ok State
Wisconsin
Boise State

interesting to see what happens
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #488 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Ohio State and Texas are similar teams....inexperience QB. I would take Texas offense still over Ohio State offense this year. Both very young teams.

Agree. Don't forget Clemson though. They look good so far and if Wisky & maybe the Big 12 schools fall they get their chance. Not saying its likely but still...

As for the 28-10 prediction....Did Ohio State score the TD with the defense? I've more faith of the defense getting a pick 6 then the offense scoring a TD.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #489 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Ohio State & Texas should play each other in the Insight bowl this year. It would be like a 7-3 game!
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #490 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Ohio State and Texas are similar teams....inexperience QB. I would take Texas offense still over Ohio State offense this year. Both very young teams.

Agree. Don't forget Clemson though. They look good so far and if Wisky & maybe the Big 12 schools fall they get their chance. Not saying its likely but still...

As for the 28-10 prediction....Did Ohio State score the TD with the defense? I've more faith of the defense getting a pick 6 then the offense scoring a TD.
Clemson still has GT and the Cocks with their SOS the rest of the I don't see them getting in the top 5

defense sets up good field position so tOSU offense can run it in
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #491 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Clemson still has GT and the Cocks with their SOS the rest of the I don't see them getting in the top 5

defense sets up good field position so tOSU offense can run it in
If Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Wisconsin loss then Clemson would jump up and move there. If they do beat GT(who is on their way to 6-0) and South Carolina at the end of the year they would easily jump Boise State(wins over Auburn, South Carolina, VT, UNC, GT, Florida State if they go undefeated and ACC title game).

I would rank the teams like this going undefeated and getting first shot at NC game:

LSU/Bama
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Stanford
Oklahoma State
Clemson
Boise State


LSU/Bama & Oklahoma control their destiny. They lose and Wisconsin jumps in.

Last edited by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN; 10-08-2011 at 01:52 PM.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #492 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
If Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Wisconsin loss then Clemson would jump up and move there. If they do beat GT(who is on their way to 6-0) and South Carolina at the end of the year they would easily jump Boise State(wins over Auburn, South Carolina, VT, UNC, GT, Florida State if they go undefeated and ACC title game).

I would rank the teams like this going undefeated and getting first shot at NC game:

LSU/Bama
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Stanford
Oklahoma State
Clemson
Boise State


LSU/Bama & Oklahoma control their destiny. They lose and Wisconsin jumps in.
forgot about Stanford. There could be a lot of undefeateds this year.
All the BCS games could have an undefeated team
but with college football being college football there's always a weird game waiting out there
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #493 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
forgot about Stanford. There could be a lot of undefeateds this year.
All the BCS games could have an undefeated team
but with college football being college football there's always a weird game waiting out there
Yeah you just never know. Some of these teams will lose no doubt.

Stanford still has Oregon & USC. Clemson still has UNC, GT, South Carolina, ACC title game. Oklahoma still has a dangerous A&M team.

At the end of the year there will probably be 2-4 undefeated teams(one being Boise State).

Just have to wait and see. That is college football for you. Always upsets when teams get overlooked.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #494 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Florida State wins the award for most overhype team of the year!
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #495 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Boyd(Clemson QB) just taken off the field after a hit to his leg. Could be some huge and bad news for Clemson.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #496 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

One of the worst games in my life. 27-6 lead and give up 4 straight TD in the 2nd half.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #497 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

I feel like Florida and Texas are in the same boat this year... young teams with new coaches

how bout that OSU defense
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #498 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
I feel like Florida and Texas are in the same boat this year... young teams with new coaches

how bout that OSU defense
I don't know what happen. They were dominating the line the first 35min of the game.

Then Braxton Miller fumble, Nebraska TD 2 plays later, then Miller gets hurt, defense can't stop run. The front 4 were dominating and getting pressure and then were getting handle. Doesn't make sense to me. 27-6 lead with the ball in your hands with 11min or so left in the 3rd Q. How you blow that lead don't ask me. I can't remember Ohio State blowing a lead that big since I watch.

Long season, long season it is. Every team has them and this year it is happen in Columbus, Ohio.

Last edited by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN; 10-09-2011 at 12:34 AM.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #499 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Florida State wins the award for most overhype team of the year!
why were they even ranked #5 in the first place
its like the Texas ranking... do the people even watch the games?
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #500 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Mount USA

Quote:
The Mountain West Conference and Conference USA have agreed to form a merged 22-team football league, hoping the move will help solidify both conferences and improve their chances at obtaining a Bowl Championship Series automatic qualifying bid.

The league will have a two-division alignment and will play a championship game, Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky said during a conference call announcing the move on Friday.

The two leagues would maintain their independent structures in all other sports under the arrangement, which could begin as early as 2012.
Mountain West, Conference USA announce football-only alliance - ESPN

Quote:
NEW YORK -- If all goes according to plan, the Big East will end up replacing outgoing Pittsburgh, Syracuse and TCU with full-time members Houston, Southern Methodist and Central Florida, while adding Air Force and Boise State in football only.

The Big East also is working on a separate deal with Navy, the source said, but the Midshipmen are skeptical of accepting.

If Houston, SMU and Central Florida accept for all sports that would restore the Big East to 16 teams in men's basketball, while adding Air Force and Boise State in football only would get the conference to 11 team in that sport, pending a Navy decision.
Source -- Big East sends invites to five schools, may hike exit fee - ESPN

Quote:
AUSTIN, TEXAS -- The Texas-Texas A&M rivalry appears to be over.

Or, at the very least, suspended.

Texas athletics director DeLoss Dodds sent an email to his counterpart Bill Byrne at Texas A&M to let him know that Texas' nonconference schedule was full through 2018.
Texas Longhorns' DeLoss Dodds tells Texas A&M's Bill Byrne nonconference schedule is full through 2018 - ESPN

Last edited by Windex; 10-15-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24