MLB/Jays Thread - Page 641
Old 06-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #12801 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,952
Representing:
Default

If i had a vote , i'd give the Jays MVP to Kevin Seitzer...outstanding work with this lineup
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #12802 (permalink)
is in the cut

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,462
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Isn't Price only under contract one more season after this season?
yes and he is having an off-year...4+ era
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #12803 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Wow!!!


Triple play
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #12804 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,952
Representing:
Default

Rollin, rollin rollin
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #12805 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,224
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Wow!!!


Triple play
Yeah we suck eh? :cookie:
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:46 AM   #12806 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Stroman is a boss
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #12807 (permalink)
is in the cut

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,462
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
Stroman is a boss
Love his demeanor.

Going to the game this afternoon, should be packed.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #12808 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,054
Representing:
Default

How are the Jays second in the East, and third in league?

Trades payed off then I guess?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #12809 (permalink)
probably lurking

burundi in the house
 
lankganglia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,318
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaRydIeeP View Post
Trade proposal: David Price for Aaron Sanchez or Marcus Stroman.

Please discuss.
it would probably take both and more
Sanchez I don't care he is just a prospect, Stroman tho has been pretty good at the mlb level so far, it'd be sad to see him go, but the jays are mainly a group of joey bats age so take advantage and go for it now.

Normally I'd advocate holding onto youth, but from prior trades the jays booked themselves into sucking in the future anyways.
lankganglia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #12810 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

Neshek on the Cardinals has the weirdest delivery I've ever seen in my life. Thats just... Wha..
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #12811 (permalink)
probably lurking

burundi in the house
 
lankganglia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,318
Representing:
Default

weird to see jays lose a series.....they are terrible in interleague historically tho

*good for the jays, the Os got pounded today

Last edited by lankganglia; 06-08-2014 at 09:28 PM.
lankganglia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #12812 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 238
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankganglia View Post
it would probably take both and more
Sanchez I don't care he is just a prospect, Stroman tho has been pretty good at the mlb level so far, it'd be sad to see him go, but the jays are mainly a group of joey bats age so take advantage and go for it now.

Normally I'd advocate holding onto youth, but from prior trades the jays booked themselves into sucking in the future anyways.
Exactly! Timing is key here. IMO, Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion are the Jays key pieces to their current success. How many years do you expect them to keep performing at the high level they're both at right now?

To address another hole, I would also ask about Ben Zobrist who could be an upgrade at 2B.

I say it's time for the Jays to make a move and aim at making a run at the playoffs.
jaRydIeeP is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #12813 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,054
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaRydIeeP View Post
Exactly! Timing is key here. IMO, Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion are the Jays key pieces to their current success. How many years do you expect them to keep performing at the high level they're both at right now?

To address another hole, I would also ask about Ben Zobrist who could be an upgrade at 2B.

I say it's time for the Jays to make a move and aim at making a run at the playoffs.
at this point it looks like it'd be improvement to make a run at the world series, not the playoffs :mattyd:
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #12814 (permalink)
probably lurking

burundi in the house
 
lankganglia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,318
Representing:
Default

after blowing the save, I was about to post

pillar with the walk off HR:cookie:

lol my joking turned out to be kinda right tho
lankganglia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #12815 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,224
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankganglia View Post
after blowing the save, I was about to post

pillar with the walk off HR:cookie:

lol my joking turned out to be kinda right tho
It was a hit but still quite good. :cookie:
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #12816 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

The priority should be the starting rotation. Outside of Mark Buerhle and J.A. Happ (lol), not one guy has been consistent. I'm sorry but you can't rely on Dickey in a game against the Minnesota Twins in June let alone in October against the Detroit Tigers. The Dickey experiment has failed, he's a fucking joke. J.A. Happ is bound to regress to the mean. Hutchison has shown signs of falling off. Guys are going to figure Stroman out. The starting rotation needs to get better, and it needs to get better fast.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #12817 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,652
Representing:
Default

I agree we need to get another legit starting arm and that should and will happen before the deadline, although I still trust and have confidence in Dickey.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #12818 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

I hate to be a voice of negativity, but Buehrle is just at likely to go into the tank as anyone else.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #12819 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
I hate to be a voice of negativity, but Buehrle is just at likely to go into the tank as anyone else.
ya definitely
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #12820 (permalink)
probably lurking

burundi in the house
 
lankganglia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,318
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
The priority should be the starting rotation. Outside of Mark Buerhle and J.A. Happ (lol), not one guy has been consistent. I'm sorry but you can't rely on Dickey in a game against the Minnesota Twins in June let alone in October against the Detroit Tigers. The Dickey experiment has failed, he's a fucking joke. J.A. Happ is bound to regress to the mean. Hutchison has shown signs of falling off. Guys are going to figure Stroman out. The starting rotation needs to get better, and it needs to get better fast.
me thinks beuhrle will regress abit as well...jays really think they can finish the season with 0 decent starters? Have to get a few more arms before the deadline, can't let 2014's good start become another wasted season.

*also dickey is the absolute worst, or close to it, "ace" in mlb

Last edited by lankganglia; 06-10-2014 at 05:29 PM.
lankganglia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jay at the Jays Game Renihan_00 Toronto Raptors 4 05-16-2009 04:18 PM
Pops at the jays game Dark Knight Toronto Raptors 17 04-24-2009 06:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24