Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
MLB/Jays Thread - Page 596
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #11901 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Wait...bottom of the 9th, 2 out with a man in scoring position and Gibbons pintch hits with JP ?????????
He's 0 for his last 19 for fuck sakes !...smh

Nevermind...he walked

Edit....bags are full for Reyes

Edit 2...Jays strand a total of 15 runners...smh
walk or not i agree it was a shit move.

i was at the game and when JP came up there was a guy behind me screaming

"JP, no matter what, don't swing! JP put your bat down and watch it, it's your best chance!"
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #11902 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Good to see Griffey have a good night, great speech. Wish he was healthier during his time with the Reds, favorite player all time. Best looking swing ever.
Likely would have been the best of all time if he was healthy Well deserving too.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #11903 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,540
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Good to see Griffey have a good night, great speech. Wish he was healthier during his time with the Reds, favorite player all time. Best looking swing ever.
same here
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #11904 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

Bonifacio traded to the Royals. Kawasaki called up. Rasmus to 5 day dl. No gose?

Blue Jays trade Emilio Bonifacio to Royals

Last edited by 'trane; 08-14-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Updated info.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #11905 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,924
Representing:
Default

No they called up Kawasaki

sigh....
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #11906 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,540
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
Bonifacio traded to the Royals. Kawasaki called up. Rasmus to 5 day dl. No gose?

Blue Jays trade Emilio Bonifacio to Royals
kevin pillar called up
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #11907 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
griffthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: toronto
Posts: 240
Representing:
Default

Mark my words... Pillar will be a very good pro
griffthecat is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #11908 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

1 out away..... Smh
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #11909 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

So I'm curious given how bad this season has gone, and previous seasons.

Who on this team would you actually keep?

Given that were going to have to give up something of value (even though we honestly don't have much) to me that means trading one of Jose or Edwin...

Only 2 players I honestly care to see come back next year are Reyes and Edwin, anyone else is expendable. Cecil, Lincoln and Delabar as well for the bullpen.

Not a single one of the starters has been remotely impressive so I don't care to see any of them back honestly.

I really hope I don't have to see Lawrie next year (although i'd say it's pretty much a given he's not going anywhere) and that JPA is long gone.

Last edited by Chiggmo; 08-14-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #11910 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

My untouchables are Rasmus, Edwin, and Reyes.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #11911 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
My untouchables are Rasmus, Edwin, and Reyes.
Rasmus is far from untouchable imo.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #11912 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
My untouchables are Rasmus, Edwin, and Reyes.
I have no real issue with rasmus, and I'm fine with him staying with the team. But he's no untouchable I don't think. Hes done nothing to warrant it. He has had a good solid season this year though.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #11913 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
I have no real issue with rasmus, and I'm fine with him staying with the team. But he's no untouchable I don't think. Hes done nothing to warrant it. He has had a good solid season this year though.
Agreed, by his standards a decent season but a CF with 132 SO's in 112 games who might end up with 20HR's, 70 RBI's is far from untouchable. For a CF that's sort of weak.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #11914 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,540
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Agreed, by his standards a decent season but a CF with 132 SO's in 112 games who might end up with 20HR's, 70 RBI's is far from untouchable. For a CF that's sort of weak.
Nope, tied for 5th in doubles, tied for 2nd in homers, 3rd in rbi's, tied for 7th in avg, 4th in slugging, 5th in ops, far from weak. This is all cf's in both leagues not just the al btw.

the k's suck for sure, and his arm is absolutely awful, but he covers a lot of ground as well. The most surprising and alarming stat to me is that he doesn't have a single stolen base this season and only attempted once. Might be playing hurt but if he's not than its a waste of some decent speed.

As for being untouchable this is his last year, he'll be a free agent, was only making 4.67 mill this season, that's pretty awesome value for the season he's had, hope he gets re-signed we don't really have better options or money to spend for an upgrade
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #11915 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsOut View Post
Nope, tied for 5th in doubles, tied for 2nd in homers, 3rd in rbi's, tied for 7th in avg, 4th in slugging, 5th in ops, far from weak. This is all cf's in both leagues not just the al btw.

the k's suck for sure, and his arm is absolutely awful, but he covers a lot of ground as well. The most surprising and alarming stat to me is that he doesn't have a single stolen base this season and only attempted once. Might be playing hurt but if he's not than its a waste of some decent speed.

As for being untouchable this is his last year, he'll be a free agent, was only making 4.67 mill this season, that's pretty awesome value for the season he's had, hope he gets re-signed we don't really have better options or money to spend for an upgrade
Hmmmm, better then I thought. Still, his overall numbers don't impress me. Worse yet, I don't know how much better he can get.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #11916 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Instead of players who are untouchable i think it's more important to talk about positions where you need an upgrade. Talking about untouchables on a last place team is like suggesting that you're going to trade 90% of your team and that's just not going to happen.

The reality is that over 70% of the roster will remain the same and some new players will be brought in.

I think the positions that you must improve upon - as in no question better players WILL BE COMING IN the offseason are - catcher, second base, 3 starters. (maybe 1 or 2 of the starters will be internal who knows). For sure we will see new catcher and new 2base.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #11917 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsOut View Post
Nope, tied for 5th in doubles, tied for 2nd in homers, 3rd in rbi's, tied for 7th in avg, 4th in slugging, 5th in ops, far from weak. This is all cf's in both leagues not just the al btw.

the k's suck for sure, and his arm is absolutely awful, but he covers a lot of ground as well. The most surprising and alarming stat to me is that he doesn't have a single stolen base this season and only attempted once. Might be playing hurt but if he's not than its a waste of some decent speed.

As for being untouchable this is his last year, he'll be a free agent, was only making 4.67 mill this season, that's pretty awesome value for the season he's had, hope he gets re-signed we don't really have better options or money to spend for an upgrade
BLue Jays still own Colby Ramus rights for one more year, this was only his 5th year in the majors. So he is not a FA after this season, will go through arbitration with him for one more year if they can't get a long term deal done. He will be a FA after next year.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #11918 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

Arencibia better be gone.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #11919 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Instead of players who are untouchable i think it's more important to talk about positions where you need an upgrade. Talking about untouchables on a last place team is like suggesting that you're going to trade 90% of your team and that's just not going to happen.

The reality is that over 70% of the roster will remain the same and some new players will be brought in.

I think the positions that you must improve upon - as in no question better players WILL BE COMING IN the offseason are - catcher, second base, 3 starters. (maybe 1 or 2 of the starters will be internal who knows). For sure we will see new catcher and new 2base.
i'd like to add a right fielder and 1B to that list...

Rajai Davis is a good utility outfielder with great speed but his bat is suspect..Jays need a starter in Right
i would send Lind packing and sign Morneau for 1B

1B - ? (sign Morneau ?)
2B - ? (ya it's a pipe dream...Robinson Cano ?)
SS - Reyes
3B - Lawrie
C - ? (bring John Buck back ?)

RF - ? (Shin-Soo Choo ?)
CF - Rasmus
LF - Bautista

DH - EE (can also play 1st and 3rd if need be)

starting rotation needs serious work...the only 2 i would keep are Happ (solid #5) and Dickey (once he figures out Rogers Center he'll be fine)
i'd also like to see Buehrle again with a much better defensive/game calling catcher behind the plate
the rest can go (and yes, that includes Morrow)

bullpen has been the only saving grace for this team...only tweak needed for next year is a replacement for Oliver
imho, the Jays have one of the best bullpens in the league

i'm more than likely in the minority with this next part but what the hell
the coaching staff needs to go...ya, all of them except Andreopoulos and Hentgen (Bullpen)

Luis Rivera - i've seen way too many dumbass decisions from 3rd this year...a recent green light to Reyes was the back breaker for me

Dwayne Murphy - hasn't really done anything wrong but he's part of the overall picture...bye bye

DeMarlo Hale - who are you and what do you do ?...bye bye

Pete Walker - in WAY over his head...needs to go immediately

Chad Mottola - not 1 guy on this team can lay down a basic bunt...bye bye

John Gibbons - wrong guy for the job (i was baffled when Alex hired him)...imho, he's a AAA manager at best
this team needed a manager who's been there/done that at a very high level...the guy i wanted at the beginning of the year was Terry Francona...an opportunity missed
bye bye Gibbons

Alex Anthopoulos/Rogers...i don't think anyone (including the fanbase) thought this team would be as bad as it is at the beginning of the season but the bottom line is that these guys need to right this sinking ship in a hurry...
bring in a fresh/experienced staff
plug some major holes thru free agency


just my 2 Canadian cents
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #11920 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
i'd like to add a right fielder and 1B to that list...

Rajai Davis is a good utility outfielder with great speed but his bat is suspect..Jays need a starter in Right
i would send Lind packing and sign Morneau for 1B

1B - ? (sign Morneau ?)
2B - ? (ya it's a pipe dream...Robinson Cano ?)
SS - Reyes
3B - Lawrie
C - ? (bring John Buck back ?)

RF - ? (Shin-Soo Choo ?)
CF - Rasmus
LF - Bautista

DH - EE (can also play 1st and 3rd if need be)

starting rotation needs serious work...the only 2 i would keep are Happ (solid #5) and Dickey (once he figures out Rogers Center he'll be fine)
i'd also like to see Buehrle again with a much better defensive/game calling catcher behind the plate
the rest can go (and yes, that includes Morrow)

bullpen has been the only saving grace for this team...only tweak needed for next year is a replacement for Oliver
imho, the Jays have one of the best bullpens in the league

i'm more than likely in the minority with this next part but what the hell
the coaching staff needs to go...ya, all of them except Andreopoulos and Hentgen (Bullpen)

Luis Rivera - i've seen way too many dumbass decisions from 3rd this year...a recent green light to Reyes was the back breaker for me

Dwayne Murphy - hasn't really done anything wrong but he's part of the overall picture...bye bye

DeMarlo Hale - who are you and what do you do ?...bye bye

Pete Walker - in WAY over his head...needs to go immediately

Chad Mottola - not 1 guy on this team can lay down a basic bunt...bye bye

John Gibbons - wrong guy for the job (i was baffled when Alex hired him)...imho, he's a AAA manager at best
this team needed a manager who's been there/done that at a very high level...the guy i wanted at the beginning of the year was Terry Francona...an opportunity missed
bye bye Gibbons

Alex Anthopoulos/Rogers...i don't think anyone (including the fanbase) thought this team would be as bad as it is at the beginning of the season but the bottom line is that these guys need to right this sinking ship in a hurry...
bring in a fresh/experienced staff
plug some major holes thru free agency


just my 2 Canadian cents
Just saw Morneau - he just cleared waivers. Just saying...
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jay at the Jays Game Renihan_00 Toronto Raptors 4 05-16-2009 04:18 PM
Pops at the jays game Dark Knight Toronto Raptors 17 04-24-2009 06:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24