MLB/Jays Thread - Page 23
Old 04-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #441 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default

I thought baseball tickets were cheap
especially considering NBA and NHL prices


what are they doing with Toronto Island now?
back in the day Toronto had a stadium at Hanlan's point
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #442 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,634
Representing:
Default

Hanlon's Point is just a small community of houses. There's no way they'd put a stadium there.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #443 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,554
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
good point man.

I remember last year i took a look at the ticket prices outside of the Dome and was shocked just how much they cost. I mean when the team is having a hard time drawing decent numbers, you'd think they'd make it more affordable. but they don't. fools.
I think they figure that even if they dropped the prices, they'd get the same crowds. That's what the state of baseball is in Toronto now - 30 thousand on the weekends and 16-20 during the week. When you consider the number of games, it's not that bad. I wonder if the Raptors could still pack them in if they played 80 games.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #444 (permalink)
bored.

Senior Member
 
iRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
I think they figure that even if they dropped the prices, they'd get the same crowds. That's what the state of baseball is in Toronto now - 30 thousand on the weekends and 16-20 during the week. When you consider the number of games, it's not that bad. I wonder if the Raptors could still pack them in if they played 80 games.
16-20 in the week? DUDE i've been to the past 2 games and I doubt there was even 10. There were about 15 sections that were closed and I love sitting in the upper deck in the outfield. ITS BS how ok fine let me pay the 11 bucks but let me sit where I want. As for the 100 level no one sits theres and its always empty, for premium games it cost 80 bucks for 2 tickets. THATS WAYYY expensive cause the jays really suck. If there tickets were cheaper I would go to at least 50 games this year versus me going to about 20 this year.
iRaptor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #445 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Tigers 2
Blue Jays 6

Bottom 6th

Last edited by jeffb; 04-09-2009 at 02:36 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #446 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,554
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaptor View Post
16-20 in the week? DUDE i've been to the past 2 games and I doubt there was even 10. There were about 15 sections that were closed and I love sitting in the upper deck in the outfield. ITS BS how ok fine let me pay the 11 bucks but let me sit where I want. As for the 100 level no one sits theres and its always empty, for premium games it cost 80 bucks for 2 tickets. THATS WAYYY expensive cause the jays really suck. If there tickets were cheaper I would go to at least 50 games this year versus me going to about 20 this year.
Regardless of how many you saw, I'm going by the announced attendance. Besides, there were more than 10.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #447 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

I always maintain that they should be giving the cheap tickets away..... by the 1000s. Just get the people in the seats and you'll make money off all the concessions.

plus it's a snowball effect.... the more people who are there, teh more who will want to come...

assuming they are competitive, of course.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #448 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
They always draw fly's this early in the season. They averaged 28,000 last season and will probably be 25,000+ this season. Plus i think this team might be better then some expect. I wouldn't be as nuts as Bob McCowan and predict a 90+ win season, but 80+ is not out of the question.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #449 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,554
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
I always maintain that they should be giving the cheap tickets away..... by the 1000s. Just get the people in the seats and you'll make money off all the concessions.

plus it's a snowball effect.... the more people who are there, teh more who will want to come...

assuming they are competitive, of course.
I think they'd be doing that if they thought it made sense. I don't think it would though. My girlfriend and I used to go back in the late 90's when they had the 4 dollar tickets. We never bought anything because we had no money - hence the 4 dollar seats being appealing. When they do sell cheap tickets, they ban beer sales in that section, because it causes a bunch of problems that negate any monetary benefits. And filling the place isn't as important as that core of seasons ticket holders, the corporate money and the television money.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #450 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
I think they'd be doing that if they thought it made sense. I don't think it would though. My girlfriend and I used to go back in the late 90's when they had the 4 dollar tickets. We never bought anything because we had no money - hence the 4 dollar seats being appealing. When they do sell cheap tickets, they ban beer sales in that section, because it causes a bunch of problems that negate any monetary benefits. And filling the place isn't as important as that core of seasons ticket holders, the corporate money and the television money.
You don't give away the good stuff.... just get people in the cheap seats - create a real atmosphere.

though if you ban beer sales, then it's totally pointless.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #451 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,554
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
You don't give away the good stuff.... just get people in the cheap seats - create a real atmosphere.

though if you ban beer sales, then it's totally pointless.
That's my point - it's not worth it to fill up the cheapies.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #452 (permalink)
bored.

Senior Member
 
iRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
You don't give away the good stuff.... just get people in the cheap seats - create a real atmosphere.

though if you ban beer sales, then it's totally pointless.
Cost $11 dollars for the 500 section which isnt bad. But I love sitting in the 100 level and that cost $35. thats BS!
iRaptor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #453 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
You don't give away the good stuff.... just get people in the cheap seats - create a real atmosphere.

though if you ban beer sales, then it's totally pointless.
I agree with you. But the beer ban is only for a few games. But don't they already give away tickets as it is? Either way though it's better to fill the seats and get the sales up on merchandise/Food sales.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #454 (permalink)
bored.

Senior Member
 
iRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 995
Representing:
Default

Its more about thinking about the company than the fans. It should be about the fans and making ticket prices cheaper. It obvious your gonna get more fans in the centre if tickets are cheaper so why not do it? I mean I would go to alot of games, then spend more money on food and beer! I mean I dont get it I really dont, there empty seats there all the freakin time and it pisses me off when im sitting at home watching the game. OH BTW $25 dollar parking! LOL so then i gotta go bus to union sometimes and walk it.
iRaptor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #455 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default

cheap tickets=more ppl
then you can charge more $$$ for ads and signage in and around the stadium
b/c there will be more people looking
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #456 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaptor View Post
Cost $11 dollars for the 500 section which isnt bad. But I love sitting in the 100 level and that cost $35. thats BS!
How is that bullshit? 35$ is cheap to get great seats to a sporting event. It's a hell of alot cheaper then the Laughs or Raptor tickets. Nose bleeds for raptor tickets are 48$+ i believe. And as for leaf tickets i dare not render a guess what the shitty seats cost, let alone the good seats. It's been years since i went to see a leaf game, but i believe i paid 70$ for shitty seats then. 2006 i believe?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #457 (permalink)
bored.

Senior Member
 
iRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
How is that bullshit? 35$ is cheap to get great seats to a sporting event. It's a hell of alot cheaper then the Laughs or Raptor tickets. Nose bleeds for raptor tickets are 48$+ i believe. And as for leaf tickets i dare not render a guess what the shitty seats cost, let alone the good seats. It's been years since i went to see a leaf game, but i believe i paid 70$ for shitty seats then. 2006 i believe?
Dude there were 4 games in a row, if u were a die hard raptor fan and im sure u are. and there were 4 games in a row wouldnt you want to go to all of them? Yes jays give a discount would is just $20 so $120 instead of $140. Like I said its bs, im not spending $140 for 4 games. plus beer etc.
iRaptor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #458 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

i got this from the team's website.

2009 SINGLE GAME PRICES
Super
Premium Premium Regular Value
Action Seats $210.00 $210.00 $210.00 $210.00
Premium Dugout $73.00 $68.00 $62.00 $57.00
200 Infield $71.00 $66.00 $60.00 $55.00
Field Level Infield $71.00 $66.00 $60.00 $55.00
200 Bases $52.00 $47.00 $44.00 $34.00
Field Level Bases $52.00 $47.00 $44.00 $34.00
Field Level Baseline $42.00 $37.00 $33.00 $25.00
100 Level Outfield $36.00 $31.00 $24.00 $16.00
200 Level Outfield $30.00 $25.00 $22.00 $5.00
Family Zone $30.00 $25.00 $22.00 $5.00
500 Level $12.00 $9.00 $9.00 $5.00

I like the outfield level baseline seats and the field level base seats. I used to get those tickets for around $20 three seasons ago. Now they're $33-43 for a regular game - and they're more for the premium and "super" premium games. Too much IMO - considering they're at the outfield.

Here's something that some of you may find interesting. I live beside the dome. It's a 3 minute walk from my door to the stadium. I haven't been to one game in three years. And i care about baseball (however marginally... i actually care aobut the team). yep. clearly something is not right in this scenario.

heh. maybe i'll go to a game this year. just maybe.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #459 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

fancy - if they put grass in, how many games do you think you'd go to?

I know that i'd probably go to an extra 10-15 if they did.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #460 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Blue Jays win again today.

6-2 Final (now 3-1)

Great start.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jay at the Jays Game Renihan_00 Toronto Raptors 4 05-16-2009 04:18 PM
Pops at the jays game Dark Knight Toronto Raptors 17 04-24-2009 06:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24