Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Other Sports (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/)
-   -   lingerie football (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f47/lingerie-football-15787.html)

'trane 06-30-2010 10:05 PM

lingerie football
 
not sure if this belongs in other sports or in entertainment. anyone heard of this before? am i a dinosaur to be surprised by this? thoughts?

http://www.lflus.com/

Quote:

Play style is full-contact and similar to other indoor football leagues. Uniforms consist of shoulder pads, elbow pads, knee pads, garters, bras, panties, and ice hockey-style helmets with clear plastic visors in lieu of face masks.
There are no field goals and no punts. There is a kickoff to start the game and second half.[2] A team must attempt to get a first down on every fourth down. After a touchdown, a team can attempt a one-point conversion from the two yard line, or a two-point conversion from the five-yard line.
There are seven women on each side of the 50-yard field, the same as the Continental Indoor Football League, but one fewer than the eight players usually found in arena football or other indoor leagues. Teams consist of 20 players, only 14 of whom are active on game day. This means that there are usually 3 or 4 players who play both offense and defense.
The standard offensive formation features 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 1 center, and 3 wide receivers. The standard defensive formation features 2 defensive linemen, 2 linebackers, 2 cornerbacks, and 1 safety.
The field is 50-yard between end zones, 30 yards wide, and the end zones are 8 yards deep, roughly the same as other indoor leagues. [3]
A game consists of two 17-minute halves, separated by a 15-minute halftime. In the event of a tie, an 8-minute sudden-death overtime is played.
Lingerie Football League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01...EX_450x300.jpg

http://media.egotvonline.com/files/2...gue-tackle.jpg

http://blogs.tampabay.com/scene/imag...lingerie_2.jpg

XiaominWu 06-30-2010 10:10 PM

pretty similar to roller derby, if you ask me.

but clearly more popular.

i wonder if those helmets are sufficiently safe.

Barracuda 06-30-2010 10:28 PM

Why do a lot of sports have to be half-naked in order for it to be a women's sport?

I'm finding this more and more.

I'm guessing cuz if they played normal football with full uniforms, no one would care to watch????

XiaominWu 06-30-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 397195)
Why do a lot of sports have to be half-naked in order for it to be a women's sport?

I'm finding this more and more.

I'm guessing cuz if they played normal football with full uniforms, no one would care to watch????

sometimes people watch others compete in athletic endeavours for the sheer awesomeness of their physicality. i know a few women (and men) who watch football and swimming and twilight that don't care all that much about the score.

add in the fact that most football fans are men...... boom. business plan.

it's pretty creepy, though. (i guess that applies to twilight, too. :facepalm: )

VanCity 06-30-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 397180)

:dancing:

two things i love combined into one....

but yes, i have herd of it....last year they were on the news because their "lingerie bowl" was delayed or cancelled or something...

Barracuda 06-30-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XiaominWu (Post 397199)
sometimes people watch others compete in athletic endeavours for the sheer awesomeness of their physicality. i know a few women (and men) who watch football and swimming and twilight that don't care all that much about the score.

add in the fact that most football fans are men...... boom. business plan.

it's pretty creepy, though. (i guess that applies to twilight, too. :facepalm: )

Oh, I fully agree. GREAT business idea. Instant money maker.

But yeah. I find it creepy too. I think if I was an actual athlete, I'd be disappointed in this kinda thing. And as a chick myself, I pretty much see a field of toned down strippers.

And before any of you guys jump on me, I'm not a feminist. Nor am I an envious. I just think it's kinda dumb and maybe mocking actual sports.

I prefer my lingerie sports in the bedroom, personally. Or the living room - whatever.

XiaominWu 06-30-2010 10:41 PM

toned down? i would say toned up!

Barracuda 06-30-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XiaominWu (Post 397202)
toned down? i would say toned up!

Yeah, i meant... less naked and thrusty. :)

LX 07-01-2010 06:34 AM

whew - thank goodness you're not a feminist - that would be horrible. I've heard there's no cure for that.

Barracuda 07-01-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by •LX• (Post 397272)
whew - thank goodness you're not a feminist - that would be horrible. I've heard there's no cure for that.

I'm not sure if you're calling me one, or saying I should be.

Superjudge 07-01-2010 09:51 AM

the whole concept is step backward for our society.

if it were co-ed then I'd think it was swell

LX 07-01-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 397293)
I'm not sure if you're calling me one, or saying I should be.

If you're not allergic to the idea of equality, and have benefitted from that idea yourself relative to people in the past, then it doesn't really matter. It's a silly label, and silly only because all labels are when you get down to it. But feminism in it's own right deserves a little respect and we are all attached to its principles to some respect, unless we came out of something that was not a woman. I didn't want to lecture - I just wanted to stand up for good ideas in the face of what looked like a bit of unwarranted stigma, especially when - yeah - you were espousing a smidgeon of feminist values.

I say we go with an approach of equality. All sports do it ancient Greek style!

Barracuda 07-01-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by •LX• (Post 397535)
If you're not allergic to the idea of equality, and have benefitted from that idea yourself relative to people in the past, then it doesn't really matter. It's a silly label, and silly only because all labels are when you get down to it. But feminism in it's own right deserves a little respect and we are all attached to its principles to some respect, unless we came out of something that was not a woman. I didn't want to lecture - I just wanted to stand up for good ideas in the face of what looked like a bit of unwarranted stigma, especially when - yeah - you were espousing a smidgeon of feminist values.

I say we go with an approach of equality. All sports do it ancient Greek style!

I have to disagree a bit. I wasn't "espousing a smidgeon of feminist values". Just regular ol' values. I get feminism, of course I do. I absolutely respect it. I have some very feminist friends who I respect and am proud of.

But if I was a true all-out feminist, I wouldn't be able to be a part of this board because I'd be against half of what is talked about and the RF Babe of The Day would horrify me.

But I'm not, and it doesn't.

Equality is EXACTLY what I'm about. If this thread was about a league of men playing in g-strings, I would have said the same thing. I think it mocks sports and downplays athleticism. That's pretty simple.

LX 07-01-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 397562)
I have to disagree a bit. I wasn't "espousing a smidgeon of feminist values". Just regular ol' values. I get feminism, of course I do. I absolutely respect it. I have some very feminist friends who I respect and am proud of.

But if I was a true all-out feminist, I wouldn't be able to be a part of this board because I'd be against half of what is talked about and the RF Babe of The Day would horrify me.

But I'm not, and it doesn't.

Equality is EXACTLY what I'm about. If this thread was about a league of men playing in g-strings, I would have said the same thing. I think it mocks sports and downplays athleticism. That's pretty simple.

That's where labels get silly - because of course there are feminists that would not at all be horrified by the Babe of the Day. The labels that people attach to themselves get pretty twisted, so I don't blame you a bit for wanting to avoid taking on the label yourself.

But that is what the basis of feminism is in that one simple statement in bold. And it seems like regular old values because you are in a position where you are able to hold those values. But it still touches on feminism.

And are you saying the ancients mocked sports? They invented the damn olympics. For shame.

Gurk 07-01-2010 10:47 PM

I like :p

J-Bo 07-01-2010 11:21 PM

kinda pointless to me...

i rather pick out a hot girl from a real womens league...like when i first saw Beck Hammon i was like WOOOOOO


these girls jsut playing for attention...












but i'd still hit....:D

komot 07-15-2010 02:31 AM

this is to good to be true.

Snooch 07-15-2010 05:32 AM

not a thing wrong with this. nothing.

Renihan_00 07-15-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 397195)
Why do a lot of sports have to be half-naked in order for it to be a women's sport?

I'm finding this more and more.

I'm guessing cuz if they played normal football with full uniforms, no one would care to watch????

In response to this:

Why would you want to watch these girls play if you can watch people that are far superior athletes?

Why watch less than the most entertaining?

If you want to see the hottest half naked women, why not watch something strictly geared towards that?

Why watch less than the most entertaining?

In summation, I have no idea why anyone would watch this from any angle for more than 2 minutes.

LightsOut 07-18-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renihan_00 (Post 410088)
In response to this:

Why would you want to watch these girls play if you can watch people that are far superior athletes?

Why watch less than the most entertaining?

If you want to see the hottest half naked women, why not watch something strictly geared towards that?

Why watch less than the most entertaining?

In summation, I have no idea why anyone would watch this from any angle for more than 2 minutes.

agree


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24