2010 Winter Olympics Thread - Page 13
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #241 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Anyone watch the womens' figure skating? Joannie Rochette was brilliant! And so brave too! Well done to her.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #242 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

She was great. At the same time Kim Yu-na was great to watch as well.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #243 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

I missed the skating yesterday, i'll probably catch some of it on the internet later. It must have taken some serious composure from Rochette to not screw up given what she's gone through recently. I really hope she can pull off another good run in her second skate.

I was watching some women's bobsled yesterday in between the hockey match. The two Canadian teams are doing really well. 1st and 4th. How excellent would it be if both medalled?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #244 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,409
Representing:
Default

Anyone else see the catastrophe for Sven Kramer? That was some crazy stuff.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #245 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,489
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I missed the skating yesterday, i'll probably catch some of it on the internet later. It must have taken some serious composure from Rochette to not screw up given what she's gone through recently. I really hope she can pull off another good run in her second skate.

I was watching some women's bobsled yesterday in between the hockey match. The two Canadian teams are doing really well. 1st and 4th. How excellent would it be if both medalled?
one of the girls on Canada1 bobsleigh is HOT!
im rooting for them to do really well today... we have a great chance of getting 2 medals if both sleds ride well today.

as for the figure skating, that korean skater was fantastic last night... i find the females so much better to watch than the men. not just because they're female, because they are just so much more graceful and smooth.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #246 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
Anyone else see the catastrophe for Sven Kramer? That was some crazy stuff.
Ya he was blaming his coach after the ruling LOL. I kinda felt bad for him though
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #247 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
one of the girls on Canada1 bobsleigh is HOT!
im rooting for them to do really well today... we have a great chance of getting 2 medals if both sleds ride well today.

as for the figure skating, that korean skater was fantastic last night... i find the females so much better to watch than the men. not just because they're female, because they are just so much more graceful and smooth.
I haven't seen but I have been paying close attention to the Womens Curling. Yes here is looking at you Germany, Japan and Denmark.

Last edited by DVS; 02-24-2010 at 11:22 AM.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #248 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Ya he was blaming his coach after the ruling LOL. I kinda felt bad for him though
Yea his coach said it was his fault. It's sad cuz he woulda won the gold.
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #249 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
Anyone else see the catastrophe for Sven Kramer? That was some crazy stuff.
The fact that he probably lost time trying to do that maneuver trying to avoid the lane and still finished first, they should have just given him the damn medal.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #250 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoKidHoops View Post
The fact that he probably lost time trying to do that maneuver trying to avoid the lane and still finished first, they should have just given him the damn medal.
Nah, he actually won time there because he took the inner lane instead of the outer. And he finished in the inner too so he didn't skate the whole 10 k officially. But he kind of admitted he knew during the race because of the lack of cheering and the sphere and stuff, implying that he probably would have raced with more energy and focus if he didn't make the mistake. He knew it but was kind of in denial I think.

Sad thing is he didn't lose a 10 k for 3 and a half years.

On the bright side, there's a lot of jokes about it.









LOL
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #251 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

hehehe...

BTW. on another long track speed skating note, Clara Hughes won a bronze in 5000m. She has now medalled in 3 different winter Olympics and 1 summer olympics. What a finish to an amazing sporting career.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #252 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
hehehe...

BTW. on another long track speed skating note, Clara Hughes won a bronze in 5000m. She has now medalled in 3 different winter Olympics and 1 summer olympics. What a finish to an amazing sporting career.
Ya all since 1996. Wow can we say best Olympian ever?
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #253 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Ya all since 1996. Wow can we say best Olympian ever?


I don't care that he got disqualified.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #254 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post


I don't care that he got disqualified.
Well even if he didn't get disqualified this guy was a greater olympian



Btw thats not the peace sign he just telling you he won two gold medals
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #255 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
this guy was a greater olympian

Btw thats not the peace sign he just telling you he won two gold medals
He's not telling me anything new but I don't just count medals when I call someone the greatest Olympian.

It's just my opinion though.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #256 (permalink)
confused why the raptors are so consistantly inconsistant

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 843
Representing:
Default

CANADA FTW. Gold and Silver in Womens Bobsleigh.
the_ raps_analyst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #257 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

wow. What a great day for Canada!!!

Bronze for Hughes
Gold for Humphries/Moyse
SIlver for Upperton/Brown
Silver for womens short track team
and complete domination by the hockey team over Russia.

Amazing!!
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #258 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,245
Representing:
Default

15 medals now. 3 more and we are tied for 3rd with Norway
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #259 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Ya all since 1996. Wow can we say best Olympian ever?
I'm gonna go with the man that won 8 gold medals in Bejing.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #260 (permalink)
Bargnani is better then Bosh. Period.

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 17
Representing:
Default

Wow, The Koreans got screwed in the relay. I hope they reverse that call.
Bargnani>Bosh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24