Thread suggestion
Old 11-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,264
Representing:
Default Thread suggestion

Hey guys,

I just have a quick suggestion about this uprise of threads made. Some are very similar, and for somewhat pointless. I would suggest merging them or just deleting them in general. This is mostly for the Raptors section, I like going there and reading interesting things, not what if scenarios for every second thread. Maybe make a sticky thread where people can just talk about things that didn't happen but could of, and not be so lenient towards pointless thread..Just a suggestion. I just find it hard to keep up with all the discussion when theirs so many threads, but their could be much less.

- DuCa
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

thanks for the suggestion. We do try to keep the forums well organized and free of repetition topic-wise. I didn't really see to much of it in the Raptors section presently, but this is something we do keep an eye on.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,447
Representing:
Default

hello, and for the start, thanks for this forum and the sharing.

i have 2 suggestions :
1. the subforum draft 2011 should be out "raptor section", and be in his own section, with draft history as well.

2. in the Raptors forum, can we create a section player of the team, and make only one thread by player.

like that i think we can have discussion about every player in only one subforum with only 15 thread + coach thread. and one more subsubforum in this, with history of Raps player.

we can so create a mini database of discussion about each player who ever play in TO.

again thanks for the fanshare.


PS: can we, french fan, have a section for us ?

Last edited by Bankiz; 11-22-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
hello, and for the start, thanks for this forum and the sharing.

i have 2 suggestions :
1. the subforum draft 2011 should be out "raptor section", and be in his own section, with draft history as well.

2. in the Raptors forum, can we create a section player of the team, and make only one thread by player.

like that i think we can have discussion about every player in only one subforum with only 15 thread + coach thread. and one more subsubforum in this, with history of Raps player.

we can so create a mini database of discussion about each player who ever play in TO.

again thanks for the fanshare.


PS: can we, french fan, have a section for us ?
if there's a group of french people then its possible
dont know if theres many fluent french speakers around here
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,749
Representing:
Default

Some great suggestion, we'll see what we can do, but we're trying to keep the board as simple and easy to navigate as possible. I don't know if a bunch of subforums in a subform stays in line with that.

As for the french suggestion, is there others besides you? If so, I don't see why there shouldn't be one.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,721
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Some great suggestion, we'll see what we can do, but we're trying to keep the board as simple and easy to navigate as possible. I don't know if a bunch of subforums in a subform stays in line with that.

As for the french suggestion, is there others besides you? If so, I don't see why there shouldn't be one.
I don't know if that is a realistic plan anyway - what about articles that touch on two players? Especially in comparison? What do you do with those? Post them in another general forum, or have two separate conversations about the same thing?

I like the format you guys have going - and you do a good job of streamlining the discussions - I mean geez, if we only had one thread about how awful Bargnani is, we'd only have one thread
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

I think we should have a subforum of the "thread suggestion" section. It can be broken out into "thread suggestions" and "subforum about subforums" for people requesting subforums. We could even create a subforum, for people who are against subforums, and then a subforum of that for people who are not sure if they like subforums but are fans of Oiliver Miller, and then ofcourse a subforum for those who are not.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I think we should have a subforum of the "thread suggestion" section. It can be broken out into "thread suggestions" and "subforum about subforums" for people requesting subforums. We could even create a subforum, for people who are against subforums, and then a subforum of that for people who are not sure if they like subforums but are fans of Oiliver Miller, and then ofcourse a subforum for those who are not.
you sir, are a fairly anonymous as**hole
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,506
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I think we should have a subforum of the "thread suggestion" section. It can be broken out into "thread suggestions" and "subforum about subforums" for people requesting subforums. We could even create a subforum, for people who are against subforums, and then a subforum of that for people who are not sure if they like subforums but are fans of Oiliver Miller, and then ofcourse a subforum for those who are not.
haha I had to stop reading so I could finish eating without spitting it all out of my mouth
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24