Shooting at a elementary school - Page 2
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,308
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Wow. News sources inaccurately identified a different person who shared the same name as the shooter. His picture is all over the web. 20,000 posts of his picture. Poor guy.

Social networking at it's finest!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Nahhh, Americans will see that as weak. Just watch
What monolithic entity are you defining as Americans? You do realize it's a very divided country right? There's a huge demand for gun control. There is also a huge amount of money to oppose that demand. And yeah, they'll call it weak, unpatriotic, and make every lame argument you can imagine. There are a lot of people making a good living off that. But in no way does that mean it represents Americans as a whole. Not even close.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,066
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

I can't even post a rational response right now. An entire class right now is unaccounted for.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

random people are making pages on facebook saying they are the guy
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,308
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
What monolithic entity are you defining as Americans? You do realize it's a very divided country right? There's a huge demand for gun control. There is also a huge amount of money to oppose that demand. And yeah, they'll call it weak, unpatriotic, and make every lame argument you can imagine. There are a lot of people making a good living off that. But in no way does that mean it represents Americans as a whole. Not even close.
Yeah, because i said all 300mil + Americans.

Sorry, i'll rephrase.......MANY Americans.....
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
10
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,245
Representing:
Default

This is just scary.

A school of kids from K-4. Just fucking scary.
10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,648
Representing:
Default

So close to Christmas too. Wow.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

News reported wrong person. Adam Lanza was the shooter, Ryan was his brother.

BreakingNews: UPDATE: Official says CT school shootings suspect is Adam Lanza, 20; had wrong first name
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

thought is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,884
Representing:
Default

This is just sickening
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,462
Representing:
Default

The Onion, surprisingly, sums it all up very nicely....

link
XiaominWu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,021
Representing:
Default

This follows a mall shooting near where I live in Oregon where a bunch of people got shot, and some of them died.

Islamic terrorists don't need to coordinate attack against us. Nutjobs with guns are doing enough damage.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,308
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
This follows a mall shooting near where I live in Oregon where a bunch of people got shot, and some of them died.

Islamic terrorists don't need to coordinate attack against us. Nutjobs with guns are doing enough damage.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,021
Representing:
Default

And if there is a hell, and those sons of bitches are from it, then there has got to be a heaven... Jacob, there's gotta be.

- From Dusk till Dawn
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,258
Representing:
Default

Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
mirin' Gao-sthetics

Distributor of Swag
 
CommunistCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memory Lane
Posts: 811
Representing:
Default

how would you guys go about gun control? srs. i always hear about it and never hear any practical ideas
CommunistCrunch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,098
Representing:
Default

Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,467
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
That awkward moment when you think a picture is very clever and on point but it conveys such a sad message that you can't decide if it's okay to give it a +1
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #39 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,308
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistCrunch View Post
how would you guys go about gun control? srs. i always hear about it and never hear any practical ideas

Who knows. It wouldn't be easy that's for sure, it's so part of their culture and history. But stricter laws against the selling of illegal weapons, and an absolute ban on assault weapons would be a start. Maybe an overhaul of the screening process. I heard on CNN yesterday that guns outnumber people in the US. I almost trew up my lunch when I heard that. You realize how many inexperienced young people have access to guns let alone the nut cases. Take a look at Chicago and violence that's going on in that city with guns.

I don't pretend to have any idea what to do but at some point someone will have to step up and do something to try and change the trend. There are less and less opposition to gun reform and hopefully things change at some point soon but I doubt it.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Who knows. It wouldn't be easy that's for sure, it's so part of their culture and history. But stricter laws against the selling of illegal weapons, and an absolute ban on assault weapons would be a start. Maybe an overhaul of the screening process. I heard on CNN yesterday that guns outnumber people in the US. I almost trew up my lunch when I heard that. You realize how many inexperienced young people have access to guns let alone the nut cases. Take a look at Chicago and violence that's going on in that city with guns.

I don't pretend to have any idea what to do but at some point someone will have to step up and do something to try and change the trend. There are less and less opposition to gun reform and hopefully things change at some point soon but I doubt it.

Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates (#3 in the world) and they don't have anywhere near the homicide rate that US has. almost every adult has a rifle and citizens form a militia since they have no standing army. This is/was the intention of the second amendment.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24