North, South Korea trade fire
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default North, South Korea trade fire

The Kims are at it again...

Why North Korean strike will not trigger world war three - Telegraph

I'm all for diplomacy, but if there's one country that needs to be freed from the insanity of one family...
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
The Kims are at it again...

Why North Korean strike will not trigger world war three - Telegraph

I'm all for diplomacy, but if there's one country that needs to be freed from the insanity of one family...
my thoughts exactly, one of the most if not the most fucked up country in the world.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,839
Representing:
Default

Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,685
Representing:
Default

Just like with Pakistan, diplomacy is all there is, if you want to call it that. It's really just a mexican standoff of enormous proportions. And with either N Korea or Pakistan, just overwhelming them somehow would still leave China.

As time goes on, whether it be with terrorism, guerilla tactics or nuclear options, military solutions are less and less viable. There are no winners anymore. There really needs to be a more effective form of diplomacy that can be policed by the entire world. And they should start with the easy moral imperative of removing all nukes from this planet, not just keeping a select few countries from trying to obtain them and getting caught up in bullshit games.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,300
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
my thoughts exactly, one of the most if not the most fucked up country in the world.
The most!!



jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,024
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Just like with Pakistan, diplomacy is all there is, if you want to call it that. It's really just a mexican standoff of enormous proportions. And with either N Korea or Pakistan, just overwhelming them somehow would still leave China.

As time goes on, whether it be with terrorism, guerilla tactics or nuclear options, military solutions are less and less viable. There are no winners anymore. There really needs to be a more effective form of diplomacy that can be policed by the entire world. And they should start with the easy moral imperative of removing all nukes from this planet, not just keeping a select few countries from trying to obtain them and getting caught up in bullshit games.
While I agree completely, it's hard to be diplomatic when one side refuses to show up to the table.

I wish the Hague had some more power as a world court where they could issue a subpoena or something along those lines. However, they have become completely powerless.

And yes, I agree, removing all nukes is the best option, I just don't see our neighbors to the south every agreeing to it. Sadly.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

did the trade involve draft picks?
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24