Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   The Podium (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f23/)
-   -   Mayor Ford accused of Giving the finger to Mother & Daughter (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f23/mayor-ford-accused-giving-finger-mother-daughter-20876.html)

jeffb 07-26-2011 11:08 PM

Mayor Ford accused of Giving the finger to Mother & Daughter
 
Ford has admitted to have been talking on his cell phone at the time, while driving. But states that the whole thing is just a misunderstanding. :cwm34:

Quote:

http://media.metronews.topscms.com/i...d3512018f.jpeg

Rob Ford is getting a thumbs-down on social media after a Facebook post described an unexpected encounter with the mayor Friday night at the intersection of Dundas St. W. and Spadina Ave.

According to the post, Ottilie Mason and her 6-year-old daughter pulled up next to Ford and spotted him talking on his cellphone while driving. So they did what they always do when they dislike something.

They gave him a thumbs-down, and Mason rolled down her window and said: “Get off your cellphone.”

Mason said Ford responded by giving her the finger.

“I’m shocked. I had to drive around the block to calm down,” said Mason, who was dropping off her daughter’s babysitter in the Kensington Market area. The 43-year-old woman corroborated the sequence of events.

Ford didn’t roll his window down, Mason said.

The mayor’s office would not comment, nor confirm whether the incident happened.

“Elected officials are held to a certain expectation of respect. When they are caught doing something obviously wrong and dangerous, you say ‘sorry’ and that’s done with it,” Mason said. “What can I say to that? I’d accept your apology. But it made me madder that he reacted the way he did.”

Mason, an artist and designer, said she was driving east on Dundas, and Ford was driving a beige minivan with a licence plate that says “ROBFORD.”

She has never been a Ford supporter and disagrees with his policies, she said. This incident confirms her opinion, she added.

“I know he has major work to do and a huge population to be responsible for, but he could have said ‘I’m sorry.’ We all make mistakes,” she said.

Mason’s post has been shared on Facebook and Twitter, eliciting both angry and skeptical responses.

A man who shared the post on Facebook said: “I’m unsure if this is true . . . but I wouldn’t be surprised.”

A comment on Mason’s post said, “He is a bully and obviously feels that he is above the law. He only cares about himself. He didn’t care that a woman and child saw the finger.”

The cellphone in question is itself the stuff of legend. Ford is famous for inviting constituents to call him on his cell to discuss grievances with the city — even responding to calls when he was in the hospital with a kidney stone.

Toronto News: Rob Ford accused of giving mother and daughter the finger - thestar.com

fancylad 07-27-2011 07:58 AM

"I had to drive around the block to calm down" ???

Really?

Am i the only one who doesn't care at all about this story?

Windex 07-27-2011 08:12 AM

way to be discreet with the plate "ROBFORD" :cookie:
at least we know he's not corrupt and taking money... cause the dude is still driving a beige minivan :)

jeffb 07-27-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 562159)
"I had to drive around the block to calm down" ???

Really?

Am i the only one who doesn't care at all about this story?

Strangely probably not. Lol

fancylad 07-27-2011 08:28 AM

Rob Ford seems like a dick. I wouldn't want to be his friend. That he would give someone the middle finger for whatever reason is not the least bit shocking.

Honestly, what i find more surprising is how this woman reactged to being given the middle finger.

I personally hope a lot of the stuff Rob Ford set out to do in his campain ends up getting done (Just not closing city farms and small zoos. That would be very very bad).

Superjudge 07-27-2011 11:30 AM

Dude.

He's the elected official of the citizens of Toronto. If he did in fact give the finger to a resident of the city, or calling him out on his breaking the law, while her little daughter could see it.

Well Im sorry, it is actually pretty big news. You can't do that.

I like it though. I told all my tree hugging friends to relax when he was elected, I knew it wouldn't be long before he got himself tossed out of his current position. I don't think he'll last too long.

Windex 07-27-2011 11:50 AM

its simple really. he didn't need the kid's vote to get re-elected :cookie:

Benzo 07-27-2011 12:33 PM

Why are we assuming this story is true?

'trane 07-27-2011 12:37 PM

well said benzo. there are plenty of verifiable reasons to dismiss his credibility without this.

Superjudge 07-27-2011 01:19 PM

Benzo.... he's terrible. Don't be one of the ones holding until until the end man....

Barracuda 07-27-2011 01:20 PM

Ah, you're all just jealous of his gold truck and personalized plates. Dude's a pimp.



:mischief:

Bill Haverchuck 07-27-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 562233)
Dude's a pimple.

.

Barracuda 07-27-2011 01:29 PM

Heehee.

jeffb 07-27-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 562201)
Why are we assuming this story is true?

There was another witness, and he's pretty much admitted it b saying that yes he was talking on his cell phone while driving and that it was all a "misunderstanding"

LX 07-27-2011 02:47 PM

The guy is running the city into the ground and this is what we get for a big news story?

The real story is that he spent 3 mill on fucking consultants to find the gravy that was so apparent to Ford during his campaign that he could assure us that it would allow for his subway plans and getting rid of unpopular forms of taxation without any major cuts. The consultants just happen to be the same guys that provided Harris with evidence of "efficiencies" that could be utilized under amalgamation, going against a good deal of evidence that said otherwise. Now they have their chance to reveal those efficiencies, and also make all that gravy that Ford ranted about apparent to us all, and for 3 million bucks we get ideas about cutting back on cops, health services, libraries, waste diversion, and snow removal. Nothing major there. And all of that made necessary due to Miller's surplus being splurged in a heartbeat. Meanwhile very good civil servants have been forced out, if they didn't run out the door themselves, because the main impetus is to agree with the mayor twins rather than give them the facts. The dude used up his political capital by taking an inexplicable stance against the pride festivities, and it's going to be interesting to see how effective his bully tactics take him when it comes to balancing his utter disaster of a budget. It's going to be a long 4 years yet. And the story we get is about his road rage? Wow - who knew he had a temper?

Scully 07-27-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 562262)
The guy is running the city into the ground and this is what we get for a big news story?

The real story is that he spent 3 mill on fucking consultants to find the gravy that was so apparent to Ford during his campaign that he could assure us that it would allow for his subway plans and getting rid of unpopular forms of taxation without any major cuts. The consultants just happen to be the same guys that provided Harris with evidence of "efficiencies" that could be utilized under amalgamation, going against a good deal of evidence that said otherwise. Now they have their chance to reveal those efficiencies, and also make all that gravy that Ford ranted about apparent to us all, and for 3 million bucks we get ideas about cutting back on cops, health services, libraries, waste diversion, and snow removal. Nothing major there. And all of that made necessary due to Miller's surplus being splurged in a heartbeat. Meanwhile very good civil servants have been forced out, if they didn't run out the door themselves, because the main impetus is to agree with the mayor twins rather than give them the facts. The dude used up his political capital by taking an inexplicable stance against the pride festivities, and it's going to be interesting to see how effective his bully tactics take him when it comes to balancing his utter disaster of a budget. It's going to be a long 4 years yet. And the story we get is about his road rage? Wow - who knew he had a temper?

Well said but you missed also that voted against every social spending issue put to council. Including elderly care, woman's shelters, out reach to dis placed children, all so he can say he didn't raise taxes. Yet found 200,000 in a blink to remove existing bike lines that were only put in last year.

The one thing that isn't being discussed is how much per person it would cost to keep all these services. I for one would rather be tossing money back to keep unionized labour alive in Toronto. Then seeing families completely dismantled because privatization is cheaper for the city.

Every thing about these guys is so short sighted. They are so selfishly committed to their suburban vision and some unseen target number.

Benzo 07-27-2011 05:01 PM

Oh God here we go,

He is not perfect, but he needs to be in place for a year to at leas shift the balance.

I saw Jack Layton riding his bike on the sidewalk once.

I fundamentally disagree with most of your points, but I understand the argument...

'trane 07-27-2011 05:04 PM

this is ripe for a 'we found the beef, but where's the gravy?' campaign.

Chiggmo 07-27-2011 06:00 PM

DEAR LORD SOMEONE GAVE SOMEONE THE FINGER! How bout stop being stupid people and yelling out the window at people and telling them what to do. Mayor or not.

jeffb 07-27-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiggmo (Post 562304)
DEAR LORD SOMEONE GAVE SOMEONE THE FINGER! How bout stop being stupid people and yelling out the window at people and telling them what to do. Mayor or not.

So you have no problem with the mayor of this city talking on his cell phone while driving and deciding to flip the bird to this woman and her child after they point out that he shouldn't endanger them or anyone else by talking on his cell while driving and that he's breaking the law? Not to mention his overall history of questionable behaviour and obvious temper. How can this tubby who can barely fit in the driver's seat not have a bluetooth?

Bring back Mel. :haha:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24