Iran deploys warplanes, missiles in 'excercise'
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,417
Representing:
Default Iran deploys warplanes, missiles in 'excercise'

Iran warplanes, missiles deployed in 'exercise' to protect nuclear sites from possible attacks | News | National Post

Warplanes deployed protecting nuclear sites, provocation to Israel, economic sanctions on Iran, Iran docking two warships in Syria...

Lets get the ball rolling and discuss
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

as a persian this scares me immensely. I mean sure we're proud fucks, but when the entire western nation is against you, and you're only support is russia and china who probably wont give half a shit when it comes to actual military confrontation, you're scared half to death. All my family lives in Iran, i'm terrified. Fucking mullahs, leave us the fuck alone! we're not against the western world, we're prisoners of beings who have no respect for mankind!
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kill Casey

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,757
Representing:
Default

My only hope is that Iran is not a pushover like Iraq and Libya and that would keep western "civilization" away.
But these are scary times indeed
Everyone silently agrees that Israel could bomb nuclear objects within their reach if they deem necessary
Europe joins in on Iran "blocade" even tho it hurts them tenfold more in expensive gasoline.
And Russia not supporting former allies and long time trade partners
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Iran is definitely not a pushover like Libya or Iraq. Their military is stronger than theirs by miles. However they are still no match for the U.S or Israel (a.k.a U.S). it will take a lot more tactics to take down Iran, considering their geography and the location of everything military for them, but say if it took less than a month to finish Iraq (the official end of the war) it will take months for Iran.

unless of course, as you said, Israel drops a nuclear bomb and as always the world will try to reason and protect the barbaric israelians. IMO the zionists, with the strength of the western world behind them, are the biggest threat to world peace since the U.S.S.R
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,417
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
Iran is definitely not a pushover like Libya or Iraq. Their military is stronger than theirs by miles. However they are still no match for the U.S or Israel (a.k.a U.S). it will take a lot more tactics to take down Iran, considering their geography and the location of everything military for them, but say if it took less than a month to finish Iraq (the official end of the war) it will take months for Iran.

unless of course, as you said, Israel drops a nuclear bomb and as always the world will try to reason and protect the barbaric israelians. IMO the zionists, with the strength of the western world behind them, are the biggest threat to world peace since the U.S.S.R
Well thats a bold statement...

I definitely don't believe in military action, but I also don't like the idea of Iran having a nuclear weapon. Comonnn economic sanctions.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kill Casey

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,757
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
Well thats a bold statement...

I definitely don't believe in military action, but I also don't like the idea of Iran having a nuclear weapon. Comonnn economic sanctions.
Are you sure Iran in posession of a nuke is that bad? If they had a nuke at hand, military intervention would not be discussed at all. So there would be more peace and cheaper goddamn gasoline for me

And these economic sanctions to me feel like... how long can you poke a pet dog with a stick? Even the most tame and peaceful puppy will first try to run away but when cornered will go agressive
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,573
Representing:
Default

It doesn't matter if they are a pushover or not. Afghanistan was as big of a pushover as you can get, and with an armed opposition ready to do the heavy lifting to boot, and guess what country is still locked in conflict and costing lives and money? The nature of warfare today is such that there is no winning. Israel will be on its way to altering the nature of its own pursuit as a secular democracy for good. They will not only be occupiers thumbing their noses at international law, they will be heading down a path towards the same sort of extremism they have forever claimed to prove the need for the occupation.

What really sucks is that there was an opening for negotiations a couple of years ago. For the US to have let that opportunity pass was equally stupid as anything Netanyahu might do.

Last edited by LX; 03-16-2012 at 03:57 PM.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
It doesn't matter if they are a pushover or not. Afghanistan was as big of a pushover as you can get, and with an armed opposition ready to do the heavy lifting to boot, and guess what country is still locked in conflict and costing lives and money? The nature of warfare today is such that there is no winning. Israel will be on its way to altering the nature of its own pursuit as a secular democracy for good. They will not only be occupiers thumbing their noses at international law, they will be heading down a path towards the same sort of extremism they have forever claimed to prove the need for the occupation.

What really sucks is that there was an opening for negotiations a couple of years ago. For the US to have let that opportunity pass was equally stupid as anything Netanyahu might do.
well said, imo they are, at this point, using the holocaust as an excuse to get their way, and their "way" is becoming more and more selfish and inhumane. the poor people in Palestine, im not talking about hammas, the people. They were forced out of their homes, all the while jews, christians, and muslims were all living happily within a country.

LX it may have seemed as an opening for negotiations, but these mullahs are as equally stubborn as they are extreme. Negotiation is not in their vocabulary. Either they get what they want entirely, or bring the whole nation down with them. Religion imo has been outta their mindset since khomeini enforced headresses on all women. khamenei is even worse.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
Well thats a bold statement...

I definitely don't believe in military action, but I also don't like the idea of Iran having a nuclear weapon. Comonnn economic sanctions.
the economic sanction will only do so much. Of course i want them to work, as does everyone, but these mullahs will pinch every penny from the people's pockets until they get to where they want. They don't care if a doctor makes 150 dollars a day, where homes cost about 15 times homes in canada, and the price of meat is skyrocketing.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,573
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
well said, imo they are, at this point, using the holocaust as an excuse to get their way, and their "way" is becoming more and more selfish and inhumane. the poor people in Palestine, im not talking about hammas, the people. They were forced out of their homes, all the while jews, christians, and muslims were all living happily within a country.

LX it may have seemed as an opening for negotiations, but these mullahs are as equally stubborn as they are extreme. Negotiation is not in their vocabulary. Either they get what they want entirely, or bring the whole nation down with them. Religion imo has been outta their mindset since khomeini enforced headresses on all women. khamenei is even worse.
I didn't mean the holocaust. I think that is tempered, though it still has an effect in Europe. I meant the current threat of annihilation which gets overplayed, especially by their own religious extremists that are weakening their democratic institutions. The majority in both Israel and Palestine have looked towards settling everything and working cooperatively. But the path to power has always been through provoking and responding on both sides. That dynamic stopped working for the Palestinians, and now that they have broken the cycle to a degree it has lead to Israel's leadership facing rot from within.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I didn't mean the holocaust. I think that is tempered, though it still has an effect in Europe. I meant the current threat of annihilation which gets overplayed, especially by their own religious extremists that are weakening their democratic institutions. The majority in both Israel and Palestine have looked towards settling everything and working cooperatively. But the path to power has always been through provoking and responding on both sides. That dynamic stopped working for the Palestinians, and now that they have broken the cycle to a degree it has lead to Israel's leadership facing rot from within.
well put. I agree. Now the scary thing about this is will the west continue to provide them support, even when they rot? If they do, that's what I meant about the threat to world peace, it's a very dangerous game in the middle east today, on many different fronts.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
10
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,246
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
as always the world will try to reason and protect the barbaric israelians. IMO the zionists, with the strength of the western world behind them, are the biggest threat to world peace since the U.S.S.R
This is the kind of ignorance that plagues both sides of the debate.
10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
This is the kind of ignorance that plagues both sides of the debate.
i'm guessing either you didn't read my comment fully or you're a zionist. which is it? I have nothing against the state of Israel, just the leaders they have in place right now. explain yourself, and so will I.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,573
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
well put. I agree. Now the scary thing about this is will the west continue to provide them support, even when they rot? If they do, that's what I meant about the threat to world peace, it's a very dangerous game in the middle east today, on many different fronts.
The west kinda has to. It was the west that created the place as it is today, and they've spent decades looking the other way while the settlements violated international law. I agree that it's a threat to world peace, but war would be unfeasible in so many respects. What bugs me is that internal politics has allowed problems to fester all over the place as is. And internal politics in the US has kept them from forcing a compromise, or at least a halt to the settlements and human rights violations as they should. Whatever hope the Arab spring brings gets wasted in the inability of getting movement in this mess.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24