G20 Summit - Page 4
Old 06-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #61 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
LOL! Slight misunderstanding of my question (or maybe I didn't make it clear) I take the Go train pretty frequently so i know all about it.

I was asking whether or not anyone here knows more about how Union station is going to operate during the Summit. I am hearing things about how GO trains are going to run like crap with lots of delays and what not. also apparently the police will be doing ID checks and question every train patron who goes through Union (because Union is within the fenced off area).

I also wonder how subway travel will be at Union station.

Anyone know more specifics?
i came into work this morning because i forgot my power cable for my laptop and cant work from home without it... D'OH!
anyway, the ride was perfect, no problems (GO train from Richmond Hill).
the GO train conductor mentioned that around June 24-27 they are expecting to have major delays... she also said something about union station being cut off at 8pm on friday (and over the weekend), but it may be the street exits or something.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #62 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i came into work this morning because i forgot my power cable for my laptop and cant work from home without it... D'OH!
anyway, the ride was perfect, no problems (GO train from Richmond Hill).
the GO train conductor mentioned that around June 24-27 they are expecting to have major delays... she also said something about union station being cut off at 8pm on friday (and over the weekend), but it may be the street exits or something.
yeah that's what i'm wondering about. On satruday i need to get to scarborough on public transit.

Not sure how i'll going to deal with it.

One option would be taking the subway to Main station and then getting on the eastbound GO train at Danforth station which is accross the street.

But then i am wondering how the subway is going to work around union.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Swaggin

Member
 
Super_Size_Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 192
Representing:
Default

I believe its only the Front Street exits (North) at Union Station that are closed from Fri - Sun. You should still be able to exit the West and East exits.
Super_Size_Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #64 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

thanks swag. My friend also mentioned that the Bay street entrance should be fine.

Anyone have any interesting moments today or yesterday?

I was biking home from my friend's place and i thought i'd stop by a winner's to buy some pants. the college park winner's was on the way so i thought i'd check it out (it's big and would have a good selection). So i turn onto carlton from church street, ride for about 20 seconds and then see lots of cops in riot gear and all this commotion happening at yonge street. So i turned around and figured i'd go shopping at another time. lol.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
thanks swag. My friend also mentioned that the Bay street entrance should be fine.

Anyone have any interesting moments today or yesterday?

I was biking home from my friend's place and i thought i'd stop by a winner's to buy some pants. the college park winner's was on the way so i thought i'd check it out (it's big and would have a good selection). So i turn onto carlton from church street, ride for about 20 seconds and then see lots of cops in riot gear and all this commotion happening at yonge street. So i turned around and figured i'd go shopping at another time. lol.
Smart move. I heard that early this morning (usual rush hour time) the downtown area was like a ghost town. You live downtown don't you? Is it that dead down there? I've vowed to stay away from the downtown area.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Smart move. I heard that early this morning (usual rush hour time) the downtown area was like a ghost town. You live downtown don't you? Is it that dead down there? I've vowed to stay away from the downtown area.
my area (harborfront) is totally quiet. which is good.

i didn't really anticipate any protests or anything in my neighborhood, but i guess anything can happen.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #67 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
my area (harborfront) is totally quiet. which is good.

i didn't really anticipate any protests or anything in my neighborhood, but i guess anything can happen.
I was out in the east end this morning at 7 and i was surprised that even there the traffic was minimal. It was kinda strange, seemed like a weekend. Gotta say though i liked it, nice change from all the traffic. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #68 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

And so begins the moronic behavior of the protestors.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #69 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Some of the shit I'm reading is just blowing my mind. Setting cop cars on fire, peeing on people, breaking into shit.... what's the POINT?
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #70 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Peeing on people? Ew.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #71 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Oh you guys, it's pretty bad around the Eaton Centre area.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #72 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
Peeing on people? Ew.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

It looks like a scene from that movie, Last Night.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Enough about your perverted preferences, 'Cuda.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

4:21 p.m. Zanzibar attacked
A female protester shouted “f-you” in the direction of the Zanzibar strip club, then smashed its window with a baseball bat.

Protesters then began tearing down the letters on Zanzibar’s sign one by one.

They also smashed windows of American Apparel, sending mannequins spilling into the street; protesters began ripping the mannequins apart.




Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

It's almost an excuse to do stupid shit.

And peeing on people? wtf?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #77 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,682
Representing:
Default

please remember that it is a roving group of about 50 people, mostly from the black bloc, that is causing damage and acting violently. thousands of peaceful protesters have been demonstrating in appropriate ways all day with no problems. i'd hate to see thousands of peaceful people acting within their democratic rights being labeled as disturbing the peace and lumped in with a bunch of radical idiots.

the cbc is doing a great job of reporting this.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #78 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
It's almost an excuse to do stupid shit.

And peeing on people? wtf?
That's what I read.

But who knows.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
please remember that it is a roving group of about 50 people, mostly from the black bloc, that is causing damage and acting violently. thousands of peaceful protesters have been demonstrating in appropriate ways all day with no problems. i'd hate to see thousands of peaceful people acting within their democratic rights being labeled as disturbing the peace and lumped in with a bunch of radical idiots.

the cbc is doing a great job of reporting this.
Yep.

The needless violence right now is really distracting from their (the overall protest) greater message.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #80 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

I don't support the Rioting idiots.

Drag 10 guys out of there and I'll wager 7 have no fucking in depth clue why they are even there.


"Fuck the G20" is NOT a valid excuse to destroy our city.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24