Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   The Podium (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f23/)
-   -   english and french debates (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f23/english-french-debates-19993.html)

pzabby 04-12-2011 08:02 PM

english and french debates
 
list your thoughts and feeling before/after/during the debates here. i will start. Micheal Ignatieff is not fit to win votes. the man does not know how to use different points to support his arguments. i heard him say to Harper"you shut down parliament twice" 11 times(i counted) along with other statements which were repeated many times. i felt as if he was on replay everytime he spoke. simply put, i agree with his idealogies but i do not agree that he lead the party which can help give Canada back its name of peace, success, and a world respected figure.

js12 04-12-2011 08:33 PM

He seems like a respectable person.

I met him in person once, and he's been the leader of my riding for many years.

jeffb 04-12-2011 08:42 PM

They look like they're holding this debate at Blinds To Go. lol


Jury Diction?? http://www.ottawahondaclub.com/forum...c/facepalm.gif

pzabby 04-12-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 529647)
He seems like a respectable person.

I met him in person once, and he's been the leader of my riding for many years.

i respect him as well. however i just dont see him fit to lead a political party, and thats why the liberals have lost so many seats over the years, from the lack of a leader. now if bob ray had run, things would be different

Dark Knight 04-12-2011 10:10 PM

Stephen Harper towards Jack Layton.

‎"At least we get into parliament.. you've been opposition forever."

:yeah:

LX 04-12-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 529674)
Stephen Harper towards Jack Layton.

‎"At least we get into parliament.. you've been opposition forever."

:yeah:

That was Ignatieff's quote.

Dark Knight 04-12-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 529676)
That was Ignatief's quote.

Oops. Fuck you gonna do? :cookie:

jeffb 04-12-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 529674)
Stephen Harper towards Jack Layton.

‎"At least we get into parliament.. you've been opposition forever."

:yeah:

Very true, NDP are a bit of a joke. And my mother always votes for them. Jilles Duceppe was horrible, looked uncomfortable and lost most of the time. Didn't watch much of it but what i did watch i have to say that as of right now the Conservatives will remain in office. NDP will never win, same with Duceppe and the Bloc Quebequois and let's face it Ignatieff is not trusted by most Canadians from what i could tell.

pzabby 04-12-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 529680)
Very true, NDP are a bit of a joke. And my mother always votes for them. Jilles Duceppe was horrible, looked uncomfortable and lost most of the time. Didn't watch much of it but what i did watch i have to say that as of right now the Conservatives will remain in office. NDP will never win, same with Duceppe and the Bloc Quebequois and let's face it Ignatieff is not trusted by most Canadians from what i could tell.

and as i said before he was too repetitive, making it seem like he had nothing else to add. either he was extremely unprepared or he is very terrible at televised debates

jeffb 04-12-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 529687)
and as i said before he was too repetitive, making it seem like he had nothing else to add. either he was extremely unprepared or he is very terrible at televised debates

Who was? Duceppe?

pzabby 04-13-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 529691)
Who was? Duceppe?

no ignatieff. duceppe was funny, i loled at him every time. he kept bringing up contreversial events which were hidden away from harpers past up but he couldnt be too clear sadly cause of his english. it was all in all a disappointing debate in the regard that, as always, harper was the most calm, cool, and collected of all the candidates. such a showman

Claudius 04-13-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 529674)
Stephen Harper towards Jack Layton.

‎"At least we get into parliament.. you've been opposition forever."

:yeah:

Yes and there ends the debate on voter reform.

Ligeia 04-13-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 529676)
That was Ignatieff's quote.

Yes, and I thought it looked utterly foolish. Someone accuses you of breaking campaign promises, and you reply with "At least I win?"

I don't like the CPC or Harper but I don't think last night was a great showing for the opposition, either.

'trane 04-13-2011 09:15 AM

i couldn't watch it. it was shameful. i had it on for a while, but harper lied to the electorate so blatantly that i couldn't take it anymore. and the fact that the opposition was incapable of pinning him to the wall over those lies was just pathetic. layton looked like an amateur and ignatieff came off looking desperate and without direction, so this just pointed to an incredible missed opportunity. last night they all looked like people unfit to lead.

as much as ignatieff is weak and layton is a fool, i hope people can see that the beady eyed little twerp was lying to all of us.

jeffb 04-13-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 529722)
i couldn't watch it. it was shameful. i had it on for a while, but harper lied to the electorate so blatantly that i couldn't take it anymore. and the fact that the opposition was incapable of pinning him to the wall over those lies was just pathetic. layton looked like an amateur and ignatieff came off looking desperate and without direction, so this just pointed to an incredible missed opportunity. last night they all looked like people unfit to lead.

From what little i watched this is what i saw as well. And Duceppe was even more amateurish imo, although some of it had to do with the language. One thing that ticked me off about him is he talked about Quebec spefically too often rather then the Country as a whole.Which isn't exactly surprising.

'trane 04-13-2011 10:02 AM

he's a separatist, jeff. he has no interest in governing the country as a whole. he is the leader of a regional party.

LX 04-13-2011 12:05 PM

I just can't handle how Harper is able to offer his own rewrite of the constitution. Our democracy is truly fucked. But ultimately there is nothing that the federal government can do to define and unite this country all that much. They are all about trying to define their own roles within a quagmire of irrelevance and competing for the right to shuffle money around to other entities that might offer some purpose.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24