Canada Basketball Extends Rautins
Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Angry Canada Basketball Extends Rautins

I just have to say I am to say the least I am is pissed. Why on earth did Canada Basketball give this guy another chance. He is not a good coach and he has screwed up this program and they needed to fire his ASS. I am totally ticked off as I really want Canada Basketball to have success. They had a good coach in Jay Triano. Good enough to be a coach in the NBA. Would any team even give Leo a sniff? I think not. Thanks Canada Basketball for the awful early Christmas gift. THIS IS THE STUPID things that you do and is why people don't support the program. They really want to but can't because you make these awful choices.

Last edited by Dino Blogger; 12-16-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Does Jay even want to coach the program? I thought I read somewhere that he didn't.

Choosing Leo is a bad move in my opinion considering how everything went this summer whether it was Dalembert's fault or Leo's. I think one person who should of gotten some serious consideration for the spot was Dave Smart from Carleton U. here in Ottawa. What's he's done with that program over these last number of years is phenomenal. I really hope he gets some serious consideration down the road with the national program.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Does Jay even want to coach the program? I thought I read somewhere that he didn't.
Triano was let go based on his job with the Raptors and Canada Basketball felt he could not fully devote himself to the program. At this point yeah I would think he has zero interest but at the time he was willing to remain to the best of my knowledge. That is why Steve Nash wont play cause they gased Triano
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Blogger View Post
Triano was let go based on his job with the Raptors and Canada Basketball felt he could not fully devote himself to the program. At this point yeah I would think he has zero interest but at the time he was willing to remain to the best of my knowledge. That is why Steve Nash wont play cause they gased Triano
Yes Nash was upset when Triano got canned but that was not the sole reason why he won't play. Nash left Team Canada because he was getting a little older and wanted to preserve his body solely for the Suns.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,016
Representing:
Default

WTH Rautins. I bet there are better coaches than him god
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,596
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
WTH Rautins. I bet there are better coaches than him god
ya bro...rautin's seems like a dooche IMO ...i've never seen his coaching skill or anything but he just seems like a dooche lol
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
I Get my Energy from my inner G

Senior Member
 
JJ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 644
Representing:
Default

JJ28 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,224
Representing:
Default

Basketball Canada Extends Rautins...and simultaneously, their losing ways.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,011
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

The thing I don't like is the contract is a 1 + 1 deal. It's entirely contingent upon him qualifying for the WC's. We need stability to the national program, not the way to do this.

Like the CSA, Canada Basketball needs to be completely overhauled starting with grassroots basketball being taught with fundamentals being focussed on. Then having experienced coaches coming in here regardless of their origin. Kids want to play for a winner, not a hope to win team.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
The thing I don't like is the contract is a 1 + 1 deal. It's entirely contingent upon him qualifying for the WC's. We need stability to the national program, not the way to do this.

Like the CSA, Canada Basketball needs to be completely overhauled starting with grassroots basketball being taught with fundamentals being focussed on. Then having experienced coaches coming in here regardless of their origin. Kids want to play for a winner, not a hope to win team.
I agree but I do think Leo got that short deal solely for the fact Canada Basketball has no Money. I personally think Rautins is a decent choice for Canada Basketball. The only other Canadian I could think of is the Coach for Charlton (sorry his name escapes me) who has won multiple CIS championships with that respective University.

I just have to say Leo isn't the problem. We just need SOMEONE to coach this sorry team and hope to hell Canada develops. When Jack Donahue was coach of Canada he was VERY successful and stated that one big problem with CAnada is that they should have their own pro league to at least give their players somewhere to play other than Europe or the NBA. Personally, I would watch some pro Canada ball just because I'm a nut like that but really its a hard prospect IMHO.

Canada Basketball is in trouble and need to focus on raising money and creating a developmental program.

I could simply point to youth Basketball and show you its a mess. You have AAU, OBA and High School ball playing at the same time. WTF is the point of that? You coach an OBA team do some tryouts and you find out half your club is trying out for AAU and HS and play for 2 or 3 different teams. Put OBA in the summer so kids can play all year around and also make the OBA and HS way more meaningful for the player. This would make OBA a training ground for them before HS basketball tryouts instead of paying rediculous amounts of money for summer camp.


I'm just saying just to say FIRE LEO is too easy. Don't tell me he don't care about Ball the guy is all over it and his hot wife.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default

Firing Leo is a step to changing the culture of this program. He has done little to improve it's image and I would say he has damaged it. If you make a change it is showing you are aware and addressing the problems by extending him you send a message that it is acceptable what he has done. I am not suggesting firing Leo fixes everything but by keeping him another year all you are doing is slowing the process of getting this program back on the right track. What his wife looks like is really no of concern in the slightest.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Blogger View Post
Firing Leo is a step to changing the culture of this program. He has done little to improve it's image and I would say he has damaged it. If you make a change it is showing you are aware and addressing the problems by extending him you send a message that it is acceptable what he has done. I am not suggesting firing Leo fixes everything but by keeping him another year all you are doing is slowing the process of getting this program back on the right track. What his wife looks like is really no of concern in the slightest.

I guess a joke doesn't go far on a thread but whatever that was the least of my worries.

What I will say you could have Mohammed coaching this team with Jesus Christ Officiating every game and this team will still stink.

What you need is a guy like Leo who has some credibility and is willing to coach this garbage roster.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
right.

FREERICE.COM
 
StresS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Rex
Posts: 786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
What you need is a guy like Leo who has some credibility and is willing to coach this garbage roster.
i think youre exactly right. i think he will put a great effort into building this team. I think after Triano, Leo is the only coach who can lure canadian players from the NBA to play for team cananda.

matt bonner is trying to join the team.
its just a matter of legal issues.
StresS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

ok dino relax
you can coach the team jay can coach the team
regardless,
they will ALWAYS suck.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

I have to agree with Stress. Team Canada right now in order to achieve goals in the future is the following:

1. A Coach with some credibility
2. A Coach who is willing to coach a garbage roster
3. Money

Leo in the next two years achieves these goals. This team right now is no where near top 10 in the world and thats the goal Team Canada achiever for itself by 2010.

Thank you Stress for thinking about the long term goals of Team Canada.

Dino Blogger I hope your Blogs aren't as farsighted as your posts on RF because your blogging career shall begin and end with the score.

Last edited by DVS; 12-18-2008 at 12:37 AM.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Dino Blogger I hope your Blogs aren't as farsighted as your posts on RF because your blogging career shall begin and end with the score.
O.K and you were the guy who is talking about how HOT someones wife is that is so important to this topic. Leo had zero coaching experience and has done nothing but lower the level of the program in the eyes of the average person that is not a huge basketball supporter. The average sports fan. There is a ton wrong with the entire program but having him as it's coach is not going to help anything move forward. But extending them they have thrown away a year.

At least they have brought in Triano and Nash on the board they created that can at least help having some people like them involved in it.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Blogger View Post
O.K and you were the guy who is talking about how HOT someones wife is that is so important to this topic. Leo had zero coaching experience and has done nothing but lower the level of the program in the eyes of the average person that is not a huge basketball supporter. The average sports fan. There is a ton wrong with the entire program but having him as it's coach is not going to help anything move forward. But extending them they have thrown away a year.

At least they have brought in Triano and Nash on the board they created that can at least help having some people like them involved in it.
The referal to Rautins wife's "hotness" was nothing more than making light of a bleak situation. There is a reason why I wrote a post over 150 words and ending it with such a comment. To take a post so seriously shows that you problably take yourself and your own opinion so seriously. I only wish you would comment on Ontario Youth Basketball which is problably something we as posters could make a difference with. Leo played under a Hall of Fame College Basketball coach in Boehiem and another great coach in George Karl in Philly. He may not be the best coach in the world but besides Triano and Rambis I dare you to give me a Canadian coach with more Pro Credibility.

Don't think your opinion is gospel around here because quite frankly no ones is.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,592
Representing:
Default

Do you mean Billy Cunningham in Philly and Bill Wennington?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,020
Representing:
Default

I don't like Leo, but they hired him, so they might as well stick with him longer than a year and see what he can do.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
The referal to Rautins wife's "hotness" was nothing more than making light of a bleak situation. There is a reason why I wrote a post over 150 words and ending it with such a comment. To take a post so seriously shows that you problably take yourself and your own opinion so seriously. I only wish you would comment on Ontario Youth Basketball which is problably something we as posters could make a difference with. Leo played under a Hall of Fame College Basketball coach in Boehiem and another great coach in George Karl in Philly. He may not be the best coach in the world but besides Triano and Rambis I dare you to give me a Canadian coach with more Pro Credibility.

Don't think your opinion is gospel around here because quite frankly no ones is.
You are the one who is in attack mode here not me. You started by attacking me and continue to do so. I have my opinion you have yours that is fine. My opinion is what it is. I watched this team in the summer first hand and have formed my own opinions of it and how it is run. Who was saying the coach of Team Canada had to be from Canada? I don't recall saying that. When you can read my mind and tell me what I am thinking I will let you know.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CANADA BASKETBALL CHARITY PREMIERE BRAY88 Oh Canada! 0 10-22-2009 11:40 PM
Is Leo Rautins The Right Man To Lead Canada? BRAY88 Oh Canada! 11 08-24-2009 11:45 PM
Canada Basketball Preview The SCORE BRAY88 Oh Canada! 0 08-22-2009 01:19 AM
Canada Basketball Board BRAY88 Questions & Suggestions 12 08-05-2009 12:39 AM
USA Basketball Pre-Olympic Game - USA vs. Canada Thug Toronto Raptors 31 07-27-2008 09:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24