Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   The Podium (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f23/)
-   -   The Awakening of Conscious Intelligence (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f23/awakening-conscious-intelligence-19426.html)

Belsius 02-21-2011 07:41 PM

The Awakening of Conscious Intelligence
 
So, I just heard about "The Awakening of Conscious Intelligence" for the first time, but people apparently are really into it. IMO its just more sectarian bullshit.

Thoughts?

Ligeia 02-21-2011 08:05 PM

Can you explain a bit more about what, precisely, you are referring to? That phrase has different connotations in different new age circles. Most I know use it to describe a transition into a single, universal consciousness, but I want to make sure I'm on target before engaging.

Belsius 02-21-2011 08:17 PM

Well, what Im refering to are to the teachings of the this guy Eckhart Tolle, who apparently is the number 1 preacher of this "new" way of thinking.

here there are a bunch of videos of him talking:

The Awakening of Conscious Intelligence - by Eckhart Tolle

This are the videos where I heard for the first time about "The Awakening of Conscious Intelligence". The way people talk about it, the comments on youtube, the articles Ive read. Sounds like people are brainwashed. I asked a friend and she told me that apparently its pretty famous and actually knows a couple of people who follow this.
It just really surprises me because I had never heard about this.



bjjs 02-22-2011 12:11 AM

Seems very similar to Landmark Forum, and scientology.

The theory and principles behind them are usually helpful or interesting. But the way the operate and attract people desperate for help never makes these organizations look good.

thought 02-22-2011 12:17 AM

hitting a bowl, brb

Belsius 02-22-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 511629)
Seems very similar to Landmark Forum, and scientology.

The theory and principles behind them are usually helpful or interesting. But the way the operate and attract people desperate for help never makes these organizations look good.

You pretty much nailed what I was trying to say. There are some good ideas behind this, but the dogmatic way they approach it reminds me of the style religion uses, not to mention how they always aim to, like you say, people that are desperate for answers.

LilRomeo 02-22-2011 04:59 AM

Smoking DMT is the process of Awakening of Conscious Intelligence

'trane 02-22-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 511633)
hitting a bowl, brb

.....



:laughing1:

Ligeia 02-22-2011 02:53 PM

It is spiritual double-talk.

"Get rid of your ego. I have no ego and look at how successful I am!" I would say that it is mostly incoherent but sounds pretty. Tolle is doing what new age spiritualists have been doing for decades (and what Eastern vitalists have been doing for centuries), and claiming it as something new.

Breakonthrough 03-18-2011 11:08 AM

you guys should listen to some Joe Rogan. you shouldn't distract your self with who is giving you the info, or even if half the stuff they say is bullshit. i don't really like to listen to Tolle or even read his book, but that's because i fundamentally understand what he's saying and i know lots of different people in different fields and parts of the world all pretty see the same thing he does.

if these ideas are new to you, or you aren't TRYING to apply them to your life then you aren't ever really going to get where you need to be, to be a whole person, or a person that is at least TRYING to be whole. you have to learn to read between the lines.

if u don't like Tolle check out these dudes:






Breakonthrough 03-18-2011 11:19 AM


Belsius 03-18-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

if these ideas are new to you, or you aren't TRYING to apply them to your life then you aren't ever really going to get where you need to be, to be a whole person, or a person that is at least TRYING to be whole. you have to learn to read between the lines.
You do realize you sound like any person in the world that has tried to convince someone to believe in their god.

Breakonthrough 03-18-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsius (Post 520859)
You do realize you sound like any person in the world that has tried to convince someone to believe in their god.

so the most non religious person you've ever met, that doesn't beleive in god per se "sounds like any person in the world that has tried to convince someone to believe in their god."

if you were me, how dumb would you think i am for saying something so utterly retarded?

please explain to me why i shouldn't think you're a fucking moron now?

its always better to ask questions than assume. assuming makes and ass out of you AND me.

you should keep in mind that nothing i posted is religious AT ALL. so......i'm not sure why u posted that......interesting reply to say the least.

'trane 03-18-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakonthrough (Post 520895)
so the most non religious person you've ever met, that doesn't beleive in god per se "sounds like any person in the world that has tried to convince someone to believe in their god."

if you were me, how dumb would you think i am for saying something so utterly retarded?

please explain to me why i shouldn't think you're a fucking moron now?

its always better to ask questions than assume. assuming makes and ass out of you AND me.

you should keep in mind that nothing i posted is religious AT ALL. so......i'm not sure why u posted that......interesting reply to say the least.

i took belsius to mean that you seemed messianic about the ideas you were putting forward, and i got that impression as well. the point is not that the content was religious, but that the way you put it forward seemed to be prosthelytizing.

if you want to argue with someone, go ahead, but we don't tolerate the sort of personal attacks that you just made. belsius made a point that you wre welcome to refute, but there's no need to suggest that he's a 'fucking moron'. consider this a warning.

Belsius 03-19-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 520920)
i took belsius to mean that you seemed messianic about the ideas you were putting forward, and i got that impression as well. the point is not that the content was religious, but that the way you put it forward seemed to be prosthelytizing.

if you want to argue with someone, go ahead, but we don't tolerate the sort of personal attacks that you just made. belsius made a point that you wre welcome to refute, but there's no need to suggest that he's a 'fucking moron'. consider this a warning.


Yep

Ligeia 03-19-2011 01:39 AM

I think the mere fact that it is highly metaphysical and not centered on empirical facts also gives rise to the analogy with religion.

You wanna talk fucking moron? Talk about someone who makes their point with someone else's YouTube videos....

bjjs 03-19-2011 04:13 PM

Somebody else must of laughed a little bit at BOT's response...the man is preaching wholeness and oneness and a simple reply throws him into a f-bomb laced tirade. Good stuff.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24